The Fast Food Thread

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The fuck is wrong with you. This is one siting?
If those are 5-packs, that is only 45 nugs. 40 nug dinners aren't that much if you skipped lunch or had a light one.

Now the 4 pies, that is where you lost me. I'd rather have nugs than pies.

• 1Barf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I love this thread until it gets into one o fits competitive eating phases.

The typical fast food combo meal is, famously and hilariously, too much food. I'm referring here to one combo. Like a burger, a side of fries, and a drink.

The thought of eating more than one at a time is fascinating only because its so nausea inducing. Is this real?

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I guess if I am feeling really really hungry I could down 20 nugs. 10 would be fine in almost every case for me.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

The typical fast food combo meal is, famously and hilariously, too much food. I'm referring here to one combo. Like a burger, a side of fries, and a drink.

The thought of eating more than one at a time is fascinating only because its so nausea inducing. Is this real?

I am a thin, 155 - 160 lb dude at 6' even. My typical McDonald's meal at this point (which is only done because the kids want nuggets) is 3 quarter pound patties, 2 tenth pound patties with a slice of cheese, and 4 nuggets. Shit, last night for dinner was just 1 and 1/3 pounds of ground beef with taco seasoning and sour cream. I think most of this comes to how you typically allocate your day for eating. I'm very used to getting the vast majority of my food in a single meal at this point, so eating a whole lot in one sitting isn't a big deal.

• 1WTF

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You're that kid that challenged me to an eating contest in high school. Who can eat the most pizza at CiCIs? I knew my victory was a done deal when I showed up with a plate of ranch and my supreme pizza showed up next to his plain cheese pizza. Thought he was clever. He conceded before I was even done with my second pizza and he was even done with his first.

• 1Quality Calories

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Nuggets arent food anyway, the texture is like eating a sponge.

Taco Bell ground beef and McDonalds Hamburgers are more convincing imitations of actual meat.

But purely in terms of quantity, if they were chicken fingers or something, about 6 nuggets mass seems right. 10 is holy shit ambitious or havent eaten all day.

Packing your stomach to the tip top full of any food - even a delicious homemade dinner - is uncomfortable and gross. Packing it to the brim with fast food is like the worst of both worlds.

On that note - one great thing about Arbys are the sliders. Order a slider, a small fry, and a small drink and you get a normal sized meal for a 2000s price instead of a 2020s price.

• 1Moron
  • 1Supertaster

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Are you actually a woman?

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You mean a mandolin? Rarely feel a need to use it, but I have one. I live in a modern nation and my ham comes sliced generally.
i thought you was getting literal whole hams
c881219be1053fc8a5521a052ed89d0c.png

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My only question is...how the hell do you shred Velveeta? It always just turned into a congealed mess when I tried.
They sell bags of shredded velveeta. I only found this out about a year ago myself when my local grocery store had it in stock. They even have other flavors like cheddar.

download (1).jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
This knife style does wonders when working with the bone in hams, sold as a grapefruit knife. Work with it when just from frozen, not fully thawed. Knife is flexible enough to get right in by the bone, then a single slice down the side, lets you take of entire slices with minimal effort. Do the entire job when you work on it, split the ham into zip locks and freeze, holiday ham for weeks at a decent price.

1642432451255.png

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have a shitload of ham because it was cheap and I just have no self-control. Eating massive amounts of ham sandwiches, but came around to one of my favorite combos ever. Ham made a little spicy and sliced up, dumped into boxed mac and cheese. Dunno how you do it velveeta, but this shit is always so good. There's a lot of mac and cheese I like, but this one just feels like the garbage I love.
https://images.heb.com/is/image/HEBGrocery/000081466?fit=constrain,1&wid=800&hei=800&fmt=jpg&qlt=85,0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1.75,0.3,2,0
Velveeta was the gateway drug that led me to the Nirvana which is Cracker Barrel mac n cheese. I haven't made a powdered m&c in maybe over two decades.
3b4157f3-b8f4-4319-808e-196ab5926883.79569893920cf607908be1c5c004ad5c[1].jpeg

I can't eat any other brand now. I've said many times, here and IRL, that I think the Cracker part is really just code for crack cocaine.

My preferred way to eat this is with a can of tuna mixed in and some reaper/scorpion pepper flakes that a coworker grinds up every year as Christmas gifts. Occasionally I'll mix it up with chicken or beef, but a can of tuna is so much less work, and I'm all about less work.

• 4Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Velveeta was the gateway drug that led me to the Nirvana which is Cracker Barrel mac n cheese. I haven't made a powdered m&c in maybe over two decades.
View attachment 393333

I can't eat any other brand now. I've said many times, here and IRL, that I think the Cracker part is really just code for crack cocaine.

My preferred way to eat this is with a can of tuna mixed in and some reaper/scorpion pepper flakes that a coworker grinds up every year as Christmas gifts. Occasionally I'll mix it up with chicken or beef, but a can of tuna is so much less work, and I'm all about less work.
I've gazed up at that and wondered many times if it's worth the double prize of blue box or triple price of the crap. Because of your endorsement I will now fight the miser in me and splurge that whole extra two dollars.

• 1Quality Calories