The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Hit up Arby's for the brisket diablo sandwich as promised. I'm somewhere on the middle of it. Good amount of meat in there. Heat is around a mild to typical serrano. Enough to light up a pansy, but any real heat lover would only really think of it as a fairly mild burn. The heat has a very nice duration to it, strangely, so I'm still feeling it 20 mins later. I definitely would have preferred a regular bun and for it to have been a lot spicier.

On the bright side, the extra heat made dragging my double large order of curly fries through the required Arby's/horsey sauce mess even more enjoyable than usual, which might have made this sandwich a win on its own. B+

asdf32.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 6 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
anyone get the arbys diablo chicken or brisket sandwich yet?

Joz tried the chicken, I tried the brisket, and my review is similar to his. Not very hot, not great flavor, red bun reminded me of the BK gimmick a few years ago. The free shake was the highlight of the meal, and their shakes are meh at best. Smokehouse brisket is far better.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Such fine items. Meanwhile a a few countries and some water next door.

• 2Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I have a shitload of ham because it was cheap and I just have no self-control. Eating massive amounts of ham sandwiches, but came around to one of my favorite combos ever. Ham made a little spicy and sliced up, dumped into boxed mac and cheese. Dunno how you do it velveeta, but this shit is always so good. There's a lot of mac and cheese I like, but this one just feels like the garbage I love.
https://images.heb.com/is/image/HEBGrocery/000081466?fit=constrain,1&wid=800&hei=800&fmt=jpg&qlt=85,0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1.75,0.3,2,0

• 6Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 6 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love velveeta too. Haven’t had it in forever. Time to change that. Wonder if my kids will eat it… if not, whole box for me like the old days.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Seriously?

Didn't it used to be that velveeta was like the only cheese that kids would eat?
I grew up on a northeastern diet. Mac and Cheese, hotdogs, cheese pizzas, mystery meat pie thoroughly and extremely well done. Plain chicken legs with ketchup. I didn't discover what seasoning was until I moved out, and didn't know it was strange to put ketchup on almost everything, including pizza and mac and cheese. I ended up in the south and everyone went bug-eyed when I ordered food. Decided I needed a food revelation and went on a hunger strike for a month. After that, I forced myself to only eat things I previously found abhorrent. Unsurprisingly, everything tasted like the nectar of the gods.

Unlearned most of my evil ways, but velveeta is one of those ole comfort foods that stuck around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have a shitload of ham because it was cheap and I just have no self-control. Eating massive amounts of ham sandwiches, but came around to one of my favorite combos ever. Ham made a little spicy and sliced up, dumped into boxed mac and cheese. Dunno how you do it velveeta, but this shit is always so good. There's a lot of mac and cheese I like, but this one just feels like the garbage I love.
https://images.heb.com/is/image/HEBGrocery/000081466?fit=constrain,1&wid=800&hei=800&fmt=jpg&qlt=85,0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1.75,0.3,2,0
Velveta and the Kraft blue boxes are the superior mac and cheeses. Something about the properly made kraft power is legit.

• 2Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Velveta and the Kraft blue boxes are the superior mac and cheeses. Something about the properly made kraft power is legit.
I like the thicker macs. Kroger does the velveeta type alright. And I'm a pretty religious cheap skate. But classic kraft style, you can't go store brand, blue or nothing.

• 1Quality Calories

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I prefer the Kraft blue box but I'll add in some shredded Velveeta. Cuz I like it cheesy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have a shitload of ham because it was cheap and I just have no self-control. Eating massive amounts of ham sandwiches, but came around to one of my favorite combos ever.
do you have a deli slicer? theyre pretty cheap and worthwhile

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This stuff is amazing. Dried Thai bird chilis, much hotter than your standard Italian red chili flakes. Been great in soups, just added a bunch to some Panda orange chicken, sitting with that good after burn currently.

View attachment 393233

Amazon link - Dried Chili Crush
they also sell it in whole dried
426465926ef0206509008d0569e8b5e5.png

i use it in hot n sour soup, my wife likes the heat but doesn't like the crisps, so you can just have a whole chili in there

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I had bonchon for the first time in like 6 months. It was okay the last time. That is some serious quality failure.

It was awful. Never again.

• 1Like