The Fast Food Thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm French. Alas. We get Aldi instead (which was owned by the same guys until they split, apparently).
Oh god Aldi is like going to some kind of communist food mart. It is actually depressing to go into.

I still can't believe these two chains were started by two brothers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Aldi's occasionally has some really good take n bake custom pizzas and stuff. It's just weird that it feels like a Dollar store for the middle class. It's not bad, though.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah Aldi is so weird. Cheap. But also focusing on niche or high end type products. Like they sell precooked full lobsters sometimes. They have amazing Israeli couscous. Then they sell dirt cheap dollar store shit. It’s for people like me that go to 4 different stores to maximize savings and quality.

When I shop go
To Wegmans for meat cheese and produce, tops for drinks, snacks etc, Aldi for baking products, kids lunch items and fruit pouches for the little one, and wal mart for everything else. Then I grab random stuff and deals at them all

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, we do Aldi's sometimes for unusual items (most people do Trader Joe's, but we don't live near one), Meijer for the bulk of groceries, Fresh Market (snooty place) for meat and poultry and some take n bake (it's about 5 blocks from us), and then sometimes ol' Walmart for a mess of pre-cooked chicken tenders or something equivalent. Not locked to any one place, just kinda feel it out for what sounds good at the time. In college I used to love going to Walmart and grabbing like 2 of those $3 microwaveable subs that were like philly cheeseteak, buffalo chicken, or chicken bacon ranch whenever I was uninspired. Now I'll occasionally go to some hoighty toighty place and grab cranberry feta salad that's like $9 after the gym.

BUT SOMETIMES you just want to pick up 20 chicken tenders and 2lbs of mac and cheese from Walmart precooked for like $10 because why the fuck not.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

This channel (Paolo Tokyo) has a lot of really interesting shit in it. If you worked in manufacturing or finance this video will make you go, "what the fuck?" The cost of building a place like this is insane.

Thinking of you boys Gravel Gravel Caeden Caeden

• 2Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

This channel (Paolo Tokyo) has a lot of really interesting shit in it. If you worked in manufacturing or finance this video will make you go, "what the fuck?" The cost of building a place like this is insane.

b4 paolo was doing all this, he mades good "so this is what to expect in tokyo" virtual tour guide videos

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone do anything weird during that magical hour at Taco Bell during which they serve both breakfast and lunch?

I haven't gotten too adventurous since I realized you can do it, but the Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito, add bacon, minus chipotle, is awesome. Closest thing you can get to the ingredients of the old Chicken Club Chalupa from years back.

I bet the bacon also goes really well on the potato based items. Probably good added to a chicken quesadilla.

There's weirder things we could do, tho. Maybe a Crunchwrap with sausage subbed for the beef? Steak and egg quesadilla?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aldi's occasionally has some really good take n bake custom pizzas and stuff. It's just weird that it feels like a Dollar store for the middle class. It's not bad, though.
Aldi stores are largely based on demographics. I can go 15 minutes in either direction from my house and it’s almost two completely different stores with similar staples but that’s about it. The niche products discussed are almost entirely different, and there can be a lot of them.
Plus new stores feel more like grocery stores and less like bread lines.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Wife and I watch his video drops right at 730pm est every Friday religiously.

Dude and wife are fucking rad. Day in the life and his new series where he features a specific business are super cool.

Plus the shit with his son is fun as well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone do anything weird during that magical hour at Taco Bell during which they serve both breakfast and lunch?

I haven't gotten too adventurous since I realized you can do it, but the Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito, add bacon, minus chipotle, is awesome. Closest thing you can get to the ingredients of the old Chicken Club Chalupa from years back.

I bet the bacon also goes really well on the potato based items. Probably good added to a chicken quesadilla.

There's weirder things we could do, tho. Maybe a Crunchwrap with sausage subbed for the beef? Steak and egg quesadilla?
I stopped reading at taco bell.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Pandemic retardation killed a lot of places, but Taco Bell seemed unable to cope. Other places got slower and some quality issues at times, but Taco Bell combined every issue. Their menu got gutted multiple times. And got slow. And started not going through ingredients fast enough or throwing them out; actually had crunchy refried beans one time. And couldn't find staff that could understand burritos weren't folded rectangles.

Feels bad. Only thing I liked anymore was cheesy bean and rice add beef add potatoes, but haven't gotten one in two years that wasn't shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
461c4653e1432d31522795391ba5e20b.png

20bucks for this shit? it should at most be 15$ and 12$ should be the proper price

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is that for 12? Or the 8 pictured?

Either way, hard shelled tacos are disgusting. Yeah, I said it!
I grew up on hard shell tacos with pickles in them and steaks extra well done. I had no idea that my family was food monsters until I left.

• 3WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users