The Fast Food Thread

Sevens

Log Wizard
I just cant do chicken wings, its 90% bone...you are literally paying to throw away their trash for them. I can remember back when I was a kid you could get ham bones and chicken wings free from the butcher section at the store. Mom would put the ham bone in the beans and boil the chicken wings to give to the dogs.

• 2Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just cant do chicken wings, its 90% bone...you are literally paying to throw away their trash for them. I can remember back when I was a kid you could get ham bones and chicken wings free from the butcher section at the store. Mom would put the ham bone in the beans and boil the chicken wings to give to the dogs.
Yep, chicken wings used to be free bar food to get you to drink more beer back in my day. We are the capitalism masters. We convince you to pay for what we used to give you for free.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah i think wings are delicious but now that they are expensive i can find better proteins to spend my money on.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Chicken wings are a breading and sauce delivery vehicle
no breading, ever

Chicken wings are about crispy skin and hot sauce. there is no place in this equation for breading.

properly fried the skin takes on the same texture as properly cooked bacon - that combination of crunchy and juicy. the skin should be crisp enough it shatters if you drop it, like bacon. Then quickly tossed in hot sauce and eaten right away.

breading ruins the whole thing

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
no breading, ever

Chicken wings are about crispy skin and hot sauce. there is no place in this equation for breading.

properly fried the skin takes on the same texture as properly cooked bacon - that combination of crunchy and juicy. the skin should be crisp enough it shatters if you drop it, like bacon. Then quickly tossed in hot sauce and eaten right away.

And adds a truckload of worthless carbs.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I was fucking around looking for Old Bay hot wings, and I see this pic...

1656634351677.png

WTF, there's an Old Bay hot sauce?

1656634400904.png

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Great Chicken sandwich. One of the best I’ve ever had. I got spicy as fuck.

Greens we’re solid and the peach cobbler was great too.

9F483D46-198C-4D4B-9C50-F5F9E0AD89E9.jpeg
4D816B65-8907-4167-AE3C-4DB5884DDAD7.jpeg
84643261-3485-458A-8D1B-ED9BE7D0D9B7.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
no breading, ever

Im a wings slut. I'll eat them breaded or not. If I was forced to choose I'd pick unbreaded, but I'd be lying if I said I would pass them if they were.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
What kind of edge lord fags are trying to pretend wings arent amazing food

Prices are fucked the last year, Ill hear that, dont pretend they arent worth a few bucks for good food

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Bruh, where the hell you been? Don’t forget to look for the Old Bay Goldfish and the Herr’s Old Bay cheese curls or chips as well if you haven’t seen those yet. The hot sauce is great, though.

I honestly don't know how I missed the hot sauce. And I'm a whore for hot sauce.

Also that reminds me, Lanx Lanx and Chysamere Chysamere I picked up some Bachans because someone recommended it to me. So silly question...is it just for use as a sort of sauce you put on food after it's cooked, or is it more of a sauce used IN cooking?

I've tried it on a few things and it's not bad or anything

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I honestly don't know how I missed the hot sauce. And I'm a whore for hot sauce.

Also that reminds me, Lanx Lanx and Chysamere Chysamere I picked up some Bachans because someone recommended it to me. So silly question...is it just for use as a sort of sauce you put on food after it's cooked, or is it more of a sauce used IN cooking?

I've tried it on a few things and it's not bad or anything

I've never heard of it before, so I have no idea. It's definitely not from Japan.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Bachan’s is legit as hell. I make a rice, beans and sausage dish on the regular and that sauce was goddamn amazing on it as a topper. I’d put some into cup noodles (probably a waste, because it’s fucking expensive), or basically any rice dish or Asian noodle dish. I’d really only use it for putting on a finished dish. For cooking shit, I’ve started using a mix of soy sauce and mirin.

• 2Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
What kind of edge lord fags are trying to pretend wings arent amazing food

Prices are fucked the last year, Ill hear that, dont pretend they arent worth a few bucks for good food
Chicken is amazing.
Paying a stupid amount of money for a product that is mostly bones is not...hell get a drumstick or thigh and have it coated in your favorite wing sauce.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chicken is amazing food.
Paying a stupid amount of money for a product that is mostly bones is not a wise thing to do...hell get a drumstick or thigh and have it coated in your favorite wing sauce.

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bachans is great. It’s the one and only product I was influenced on Instagram to buy and it was 100% worth it.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Chicken is amazing.
Paying a stupid amount of money for a product that is mostly bones is not...hell get a drumstick or thigh and have it coated in your favorite wing sauce.

Youve clearly never had actually good wings, and I feel sadness for you.

Drumbstricks dont work with wing sauce it throws off the flavor mix.

I agree right now wing prices are shit, but go on wing night. I hit up wing nights for 80 cent wings right now. I can get the fattest, tastiest wings in buffalo for 16 bucks for 20 cajun bbq. Thats twice the food and taste for a similar price to a fast food combo

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!