The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This is how they will justify upping the price by 50 cents per unit.
McDonalds better not stop tasting like McDonalds. If they think I go there for a quality burger and not a McDonalds burger, they got a thing or two to learn.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
McDonalds better not stop tasting like McDonalds. If they think I go there for a quality burger and not a McDonalds burger, they got a thing or two to learn.

ayup

I get and love their dqp not because I think it tastes like a hamburger, but because I like the unique flavor of a dqp. I don't even consider it a burger really, it tastes nothing like what I think a burger should taste like.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm afraid for my precious McDouble. They raised the individual price per burger to $2.19 here in OKC, but kept the 2 for $3 special making it simply fucking retarded not to order in pairs. These new pillowy buns and more cheese seem like a pretense to change nothing but make them 2 for $4 or more.

Fucking assholes.

Just fire your DEI department at corporate, make some slick hamburger robots, make the stores drive thru only to reduce costs, and use the savings to bring back 59 cent cheeseburgers and $1 double cheeseburgers.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm afraid for my precious McDouble. They raised the individual price per burger to $2.19 here in OKC, but kept the 2 for $3 special making it simply fucking retarded not to order in pairs. These new pillowy buns and more cheese seem like a pretense to change nothing but make them 2 for $4 or more.

Fucking assholes.

Just fire your DEI department at corporate, make some slick hamburger robots, make the stores drive thru only to reduce costs, and use the savings to bring back 59 cent cheeseburgers and $1 double cheeseburgers.

Bro, this is what I want to hear about!

1681784306677.png

1681784280562.png

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Mother of God

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Bro, this is what I want to hear about!

View attachment 469555

View attachment 469554
Bro, those burgers are like $10 each in this economy. I just want McDonalds to stop acting all bourgeois about their cheap food.

I will admit that the part about grilling onions into the burgers was intriguing, but I don't know if I trust a minimum wage McDonalds employee to do that shit properly. Bring on the onion burger robots!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Bro, those burgers are like $10 each in this economy. I just want McDonalds to stop acting all bourgeois about their cheap food.

I will admit that the part about grilling onions into the burgers was intriguing, but I don't know if I trust a minimum wage McDonalds employee to do that shit properly. Bring on the onion burger robots!

Exactly I don't have much faith in Tyrone and Jose knowing how to grill onions let alone put a piece of cheese in the center of a patty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
McDonald’s is about to make their classic burgers even better by making small but tasty improvements to the Big Mac sandwich, McDouble burger and classic Cheeseburger, Double Cheeseburger and Hamburger.

While the burger changes are set to make their US debut this year, McDonald’s has already started rolling them out in several cities on the West Coast, and fans will be able to taste the difference at all restaurants nationwide by 2024.

Here’s a look at the improvements you can expect per McDonald’s:

• Softer, pillowy buns that are freshly toasted to a golden brown.
  • Perfectly melted cheese that will make you want to savor every last bit off the wrapper.
  • Juicier, caramelized flavor from adding white onions to the patties while they’re still on the grill.
  • Even more of everyone’s favorite Big Mac sauce, bringing more tangy sweetness in every Big Mac bite.
US markets currently serving up the brand’s best burgers ever include Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Sacramento, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Denver, Boise, Tucson, and surrounding cities.

According to McDonald’s, the burgers are so tempting… they’ve caught the attention of McDonaldland’s resident mischief-maker, the Hamburglar. Keep your eyes peeled for the red-handed fugitive (the OG hamburger influencer) who is back to his old burger-snatching tricks in the brand’s newest TV commercial. When you spot his notorious cape and striped outfit in your city, you’ll know that’s when you can head to your local McDonald’s to get your hands on McDonald’s “best-ever burgers.”

I like the cripsy onions on the 1/4lber's. It is what separated their onions from any other fast food chain(basically all trash).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I like the cripsy onions on the 1/4lber's. It what separated their onions from any other fast food chain(basically all trash).
I am skeptical of the changes since I usually get either dbl cheeseburgers or Big Macs. I actually like those rehydrated onions they use.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Am I the only one who started reading the first paragraph and immediately thought they were going to be making some part of the patty out of plant-based shit?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Sorry but if they fuck with the McDouble i'll probably not go back unless someone else is driving. I can't stand their 1/4 pounder with the "never frozen" meat. Doesn't even taste like meat. I mean, the McDouble doesn't taste like meat either, but it tastes like a McDouble as it has for 40 years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
McDoubles are 3 bucks out here, not worth it anymore.
I do the double cheeseburgers. I feel like its still worth it, kinda, if I'm in the mood for McDonalds. I mostly can justify it because everyone else has horrible price points too.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I do the double cheeseburgers. I feel like its still worth it, kinda, if I'm in the mood for McDonalds. I mostly can justify it because everyone else has horrible price points too.
The app coupon for the double cheeseburgers is the best.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Exactly I don't have much faith in Tyrone and Jose knowing how to grill onions let alone put a piece of cheese in the center of a patty.

Don't you blaspheme Jose. Hispanics run the kitchens at pretty much every restaurant in America. Those mofos can cook.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What I mean is, why...right now?

Seems like a lot of places have been shutting down very recently, and I'm not sure why they all chose NOW of all times.

Some of these places had been shitholes for years, but they all start pulling the plug recently it seems like
DoorDash etc maybe? Or just more options in general? Lots of those shitty places only keep customers because they are on the commute / close to home for some people.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Went and did the spring move around for an older relative who has too much garden. Offers to buy me tacos when its over, and I'm like sure. So she hands over the door dash app or whatever with taco bell pulled up so I can order. I was like hells naw we aint doing that. Ordered from the local tacqueria instead, which she apparently had never tried before. Tacos al pastor, steak, carnita, pork, chicken. 2$ each and was fucking mounded with meat and tons of onions ,cilantro, and home made salsa. Plus each taco comes with two tortillas and enough meat to make two good tacos, so you can divide them up like that if you want.

We ate like kings for practically nothing. Bet money she goes right back to ordering taco bell the next time she thinks of tacos. Some people are just lost, but maybe I converted someone to good food.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
McDonald’s is about to make their classic burgers even better by making small but tasty improvements to the Big Mac sandwich, McDouble burger and classic Cheeseburger, Double Cheeseburger and Hamburger.

While the burger changes are set to make their US debut this year, McDonald’s has already started rolling them out in several cities on the West Coast, and fans will be able to taste the difference at all restaurants nationwide by 2024.

Here’s a look at the improvements you can expect per McDonald’s:

• Softer, pillowy buns that are freshly toasted to a golden brown.
  • Perfectly melted cheese that will make you want to savor every last bit off the wrapper.
  • Juicier, caramelized flavor from adding white onions to the patties while they’re still on the grill.
  • Even more of everyone’s favorite Big Mac sauce, bringing more tangy sweetness in every Big Mac bite.
US markets currently serving up the brand’s best burgers ever include Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Sacramento, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Denver, Boise, Tucson, and surrounding cities.

According to McDonald’s, the burgers are so tempting… they’ve caught the attention of McDonaldland’s resident mischief-maker, the Hamburglar. Keep your eyes peeled for the red-handed fugitive (the OG hamburger influencer) who is back to his old burger-snatching tricks in the brand’s newest TV commercial. When you spot his notorious cape and striped outfit in your city, you’ll know that’s when you can head to your local McDonald’s to get your hands on McDonald’s “best-ever burgers.”
The McD down the road from me used to be 2nd best in town and lately it has been depressingly shitty. Slow. out of items. burgers shrunk, dry, and hard, bacon skimped, sodas out or all seltzer. shakes out. frappes out.

Hardee's has an interesting looking new chicken sandwich.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
past dozen McD burgers of all forms that I've had have been less than desirable, change could be good. Not just the place I recently complained about but other spots also, perhaps a new model could be more failproof

I still miss the artisan stuff they had, so damn juicy