The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Went and did the spring move around for an older relative who has too much garden. Offers to buy me tacos when its over, and I'm like sure. So she hands over the door dash app or whatever with taco bell pulled up so I can order. I was like hells naw we aint doing that. Ordered from the local tacqueria instead, which she apparently had never tried before. Tacos al pastor, steak, carnita, pork, chicken. 2$ each and was fucking mounded with meat and tons of onions ,cilantro, and home made salsa. Plus each taco comes with two tortillas and enough meat to make two good tacos, so you can divide them up like that if you want.

We ate like kings for practically nothing. Bet money she goes right back to ordering taco bell the next time she thinks of tacos. Some people are just lost, but maybe I converted someone to good food.

Taqueria's are insane value, not sure how they do it and don't wanna know. We have like 5 in town, all awesome and practically free food. Al pastor and lingua is my shit. The new craze is the birria taco (wet brazed beef with cheese onion and cilantro) which is great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Been getting a birria pizza locally. It's fucking massive for 12 bucks. I get about 4 meals out of it.

It's basically a giant quesadilla about 1" in thickness.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
For real though, Buc-ee's is great because they are clean and efficient. Their branded products are also delicious and at a competitive price. Thier closest competition is Loves and it isn't very close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Buccee's is delicious. I absolutely love their club melt. They absolutely love it too, cause that shit is like 10$ now. their prices have definitely been under the influence of bidenflation. Their roast beef sandwich is good, but ask for extra red onions. Their spicy crackers are pretty damn amazing with some cold meat too. You pretty much can't go wrong there.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Buccees is trash tier gas station food

giphy.gif

I mean, fuck if I know, I've never been in one!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Taqueria's are insane value, not sure how they do it and don't wanna know. We have like 5 in town, all awesome and practically free food. Al pastor and lingua is my shit. The new craze is the birria taco (wet brazed beef with cheese onion and cilantro) which is great.

Even in SF taquerias are still cheap af. You can still fill up for like $7.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Buccee's is delicious. I absolutely love their club melt. They absolutely love it too, cause that shit is like 10$ now. their prices have definitely been under the influence of bidenflation. Their roast beef sandwich is good, but ask for extra red onions. Their spicy crackers are pretty damn amazing with some cold meat too. You pretty much can't go wrong there.
I loved BBQ but prices for good stuff is crazy. Especially brisket.

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
They are trying to get a buck-ee's in VA and i'm not not sure how i feel about that. I was just getting used to having a WaWa on every 3rd corner.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They are trying to get a buck-ee's in VA and i'm not not sure how i feel about that. I was just getting used to having a WaWa on every 3rd corner.
That is like comparing a 7/11 to a Walmart.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I’m hoping the next time we use my parents house in TN, the Buc-Ees in Sevierville is finished. Thing looks goddamn enormous. Going down 81, there were constant billboards for Buc-Ees advertising that it’s only 100miles away, so it’s worth holding your piss for those bathrooms. Definitely piqued my curiosity.

• 1Solidarity

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Is that the one outside Knoxville? If so, it's open. Passed by a few weeks ago before staying in the Smokies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like most Wendy's, their products varied significantly from location to location including their chili. Storebought might actually be more consistent.

• 1Like