The Fast Food Thread

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This raises questions. Did he just stop wanting food because McD's is so fucking nasty, or did he have a pretty rigorous workout routine?

Try none of the above. He simply started eating less at each meal but eating food that was more filling.

Right from the goddamn linked article said:
Maginnis described his diet this way: He said he eats McDonald’s meals three times a day, but he eats only half of what he orders.

For example, in the morning Maginnis will order two burritos and a hash brown or muffin.

Then, he eats one burrito and half of the hash brown or half of the muffin for breakfast — saving the rest for lunch.

‘SUPEREDOWNSIZE ME': TENNESSEE MAN GOING ON 100-DAY MCDONALD'S DIET TO IMPROVE HEALTH

For dinner, he might order a Big Mac meal and eat half the burger, half the fries and half the apple pie — saving the rest for the next day.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
it doesnt surprise me in terms of calories. But dear lord, can you imagine eating McDonalds leftovers? What in the actual fuck?

Like almost all fast food, McDonalds is only edible if consumed within 5 minutes of being made. Literally 20 minutes and its inedible.

The next day? I can't even comprehend the attempt.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its the same as the guy who lost weight eating nothing but Hostess snacks. Restrict calories and you lose weight. Doesnt matter what you eat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Strict calorie counting makes sense then.

Looks more like strict portion control with 0 calorie counting. I know that sounds like an "acksually" kind of comment but I actually experienced the same thing when I started low carb and forced myself to not finish my kids leftovers or eat sweets with them. No calorie counting, just making sure that I did not snack in the middle of meals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1685931895560.png

So had some of the best nuggets I've ever had. Mostly due to taking some care and home frying. I've always really hated the smell/fumes/splatter mess and of course health reasons ( I eat shit otherwise but I figured home frying is step 1 to 300lb life)

Broke down and rather than bake some local companies nuggets I discovered were raw and end up with half soggy nugs, I fried them in small pan and had some of this powder leftover.

Oh my so crisp but juicy.

So I may embrace my Oklahoma life and start frying more. Any non $500 nice fryers that keep splatter/fumes down well? Or if I just have a oil pot that I just try to keep the oil semi fresh, any tips on having my oil last and not burn up or get dirty too fast?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
View attachment 476566

So had some of the best nuggets I've ever had. Mostly due to taking some care and home frying. I've always really hated the smell/fumes/splatter mess and of course health reasons ( I eat shit otherwise but I figured home frying is step 1 to 300lb life)

Broke down and rather than bake some local companies nuggets I discovered were raw and end up with half soggy nugs, I fried them in small pan and had some of this powder leftover.

Oh my so crisp but juicy.

So I may embrace my Oklahoma life and start frying more. Any non $500 nice fryers that keep splatter/fumes down well? Or if I just have a oil pot that I just try to keep the oil semi fresh, any tips on having my oil last and not burn up or get dirty too fast?

No fryer is going to help with splatter/fumes, its just the nature of the beast. A hood/vent is your only relief for fumes, and get a lid/splatter guard if you can. For oil quality, you'll want to filter it out when done and clean all the crumbs out from the fryer. You'll lose some oil due to product absorption, but eventually the oil will go rancid from continued use if the absorption isn't high enough. They make chemicals that can restore it, but that's more for commercial, doubt the amount of oil you'd be using would be high enough.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No fryer is going to help with splatter/fumes, its just the nature of the beast. A hood/vent is your only relief for fumes, and get a lid/splatter guard if you can. For oil quality, you'll want to filter it out when done and clean all the crumbs out from the fryer. You'll lose some oil due to product absorption, but eventually the oil will go rancid from continued use if the absorption isn't high enough. They make chemicals that can restore it, but that's more for commercial, doubt the amount of oil you'd be using would be high enough.
I meant pretty specifically fine details, can I paper towel in a sifter to get a stronger filtering than a wire mesh etc.

I miss turkey fries, but I hate even using 2 cups of oil as expensive as it is. That and as rare as I wanted to fry was hard to get multiple use well

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I meant pretty specifically fine details, can I paper towel in a sifter to get a stronger filtering than a wire mesh etc.

I miss turkey fries, but I hate even using 2 cups of oil as expensive as it is. That and as rare as I wanted to fry was hard to get multiple use well

You'll want something more like a coffee filter type material for filtering, but paper towels can work in a pinch combined with wire mesh. Also, oil oxidizes when exposed to air, so don't just leave it uncovered in the fryer. Cover with a lid or store in a sealed container. We do industrial frying and rely on absorption plus running through a wire belt combined with a paper filter to maintain our oil. We do have a few products with a low enough absorption that we have to use chemical products to extend the oil life.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i find one of these "good enough"
34512b99f978d95451d01b3b29640457.png

but i will do a second filtration w/ a coffee filter to get rid of the fine silt

crumbs and air and too high temps, is what degrades oils, so get it cooled, strained and bottled the same day.

• 1Like