The Fast Food Thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I try to eat vegetarian but that's a good call, what is it 30c or 50c to add beef? At most it's another dollar, add red sauce for free, and you've got an even better Beef and Bean Burrito than the 90s offered, with the cheese and rice added

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I try to eat vegetarian but that's a good call, what is it 30c or 50c to add beef? At most it's another dollar, add red sauce for free, and you've got an even better Beef and Bean Burrito than the 90s offered, with the cheese and rice added

Well isn't Taco Bell beef half oats? Almost vegetarian!

They had a similar beefy bean and rice burrito that cost quite a bit more than just adding and building your own with potato. It's weird how add ons is one of the only thing cheapish at taco bell.

Problem is several good taco trucks that will do a huge burrito for $10. Fast food put many mom and pops out of business and only taco trucks can compete now. What a country.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well isn't Taco Bell beef half oats? Almost vegetarian!

They had a similar beefy bean and rice burrito that cost quite a bit more than just adding and building your own with potato. It's weird how add ons is one of the only thing cheapish at taco bell.

Problem is several good taco trucks that will do a huge burrito for $10. Fast food put many mom and pops out of business and only taco trucks can compete now. What a country.
I was a Taco Bell cashier during that oats controversy lol. The vacuum sealed bags of beef they had us "thermalizing" (their "fancy" word for sous vide) were 93% beef.

• 1Quality Calories

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't use any fast food apps. I guess I'm officially old, I get annoyed that I have to have an app to do anything anymore.
This is the way.

Bonus points that it pisses off and confuses NPCs so much. "But I don't get it, why wouldnt you want to use the app?"

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was a Taco Bell cashier during that oats controversy lol. The vacuum sealed bags of beef they had us "thermalizing" (their "fancy" word for sous vide) were 93% beef.

I remember when I worked at Taco Bell and the first time I saw the beans was a huge WTF moment. Looked like a bag of cornflakes, just add water and stir.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was actually up early enough to have two sausage egg biscuits from Hardee's. Still great like they always are. Breakfast is about the only thing they do right.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Don’t remember if they’ve been mentioned in the thread before, but these damn Turtle Chips just showed up at my grocery, and they’re fuckin’ good. They also had the flaming lime flavor, but we’re not too into hot chips.

1689706132902.jpeg1689706173685.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought mine had too many jalapenos on it. Sort of hard to eat with them all falling out and it was just too much sour for the burger (and I love sour). They weren't too hot, in fact they weren't hot at all, but it's like if you put 15 pickle slices on one burger.
Mine also had enough jalapenos to fall off. Pickle heat is an exaggeration, but yes I can confirm little heat from them if anything the nacho cheese was spicier. Good flavor tho

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had a frostycino or however it's spelled and a Son Of A Baconator

SOB is solid 5.4/10

Coffee drink was weaksauce, but tolerable. 5.3/10

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it's just because I dig Cheesy Bean and Rice burritos so much, but Taco Bell is still the ideal for me when it comes to cost effective fast food. 420 calories, 9g of protein, 6g of fiber, all for $1. Genuinely cheaper than grocery shopping. Days where I'm broke I'd rather go buy four of those and make them last all day instead of go to the grocery store.
Damn, that shit is $1.59 here. Not saying that's break the budget money, but if you're going cheap that's a huge difference.
I remember when I worked at Taco Bell and the first time I saw the beans was a huge WTF moment. Looked like a bag of cornflakes, just add water and stir.
I've ranted many times about how it used to be back in the 80s, and the shit they serve now just disgusts me. Literally everything we made was fresh. Pinto beans came in a big giant sack like you'd see at a feed store or something, and someone would have to sift through it on a stainless steel table to get all the little rocks out. Then we'd cook them in a giant pressure cooker WITH LARD, pray someone kept an eye on it so it didn't explode, then take a drill with a blender attachment on it to blend it into the refried bean consistency. Then they got refrigerated and then cooked again in a giant pan on a gas burner, just like the raw ground beef did. We got big boxes with heads of lettuce in them, 10 lb blocks of cheese that had to be cut up and then grated, fresh onions and tomatoes, etc. The only thing that came in a bag pre-made was the red sauce (which I would kill to get a box full of those powder bags) and pizza sauce.

Sad thing is, I bet it is cheaper to get the premade shit, even if you don't count labor costs at all. It probably costs more to buy a box full of lettuce heads than bags of pre-shredded. At least for a restaurant like that, not talking supermarket shopping.

If they brought back that way of making their food (and kept the enchirito on the permanent menu) I'd eat at Taco Bell all the fucking time. Now I never go there.

• 1Mother of God

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Firehouse Subs - New York Steamer - It's appropriately juicy, but kind of bland. Needs peppers etc. 5.6/10

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Damn, that shit is $1.59 here. Not saying that's break the budget money, but if you're going cheap that's a huge difference.

I've ranted many times about how it used to be back in the 80s, and the shit they serve now just disgusts me. Literally everything we made was fresh. Pinto beans came in a big giant sack like you'd see at a feed store or something, and someone would have to sift through it on a stainless steel table to get all the little rocks out. Then we'd cook them in a giant pressure cooker WITH LARD, pray someone kept an eye on it so it didn't explode, then take a drill with a blender attachment on it to blend it into the refried bean consistency. Then they got refrigerated and then cooked again in a giant pan on a gas burner, just like the raw ground beef did. We got big boxes with heads of lettuce in them, 10 lb blocks of cheese that had to be cut up and then grated, fresh onions and tomatoes, etc. The only thing that came in a bag pre-made was the red sauce (which I would kill to get a box full of those powder bags) and pizza sauce.

Sad thing is, I bet it is cheaper to get the premade shit, even if you don't count labor costs at all. It probably costs more to buy a box full of lettuce heads than bags of pre-shredded. At least for a restaurant like that, not talking supermarket shopping.

If they brought back that way of making their food (and kept the enchirito on the permanent menu) I'd eat at Taco Bell all the fucking time. Now I never go there.

Now the all Hispanic staff with one kid that sorts speaks English to do the drive through can't manage to consistently roll a burrito cylindrical and instead I keep getting square, flat burritos. How times have changed.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Now the all Hispanic staff with one kid that sorts speaks English to do the drive through can't manage to consistently roll a burrito cylindrical and instead I keep getting square, flat burritos. How times have changed.
Oh damn, that's another pet peeve of mine. Granted, if you've got a massive Chipotle burrito that's different, but the proper way to roll a burrito (this was literally how we were taught to do it at Taco Bell) is with one end open. They all try to make them like a box or something.

They were never this full, as even back then they did all the standard trickery for commercials too, and the way it is wrapped here would never actually stay together without glue, but this is sort of how a burrito was supposed to look. And before anyone complains, the fucking wrapper held in the ingredients, so no shit didn't just fall all over!

God damn, doesn't that shit look way better than what we get today?

a3inncs9qj381.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Their bean and cheese burritos and cheese quesadillas were so damn good. Absolute trash now. Havent eaten there in years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
All sauce and no cheese. Chicken in the quesadilla? No, the chicken flavor is in the sauce. Was running between jobsites last week and coworker HAD TO HAVE Taco Bell. Got the quesadilla ccombo with soft taco and bean burrito. Threw half the quesadilla away and the soft taco was larger than the burrito (mostly lettuce). Waste of $16 bucks.

• 1Like