The Fast Food Thread

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
There are almost no fast food places left where you can get full for less than $15-20.
I don't disagree with you about the rising costs, of course, but portion size has never been the problem. If you're not full - almost uncomfortably full - after a standard sized combo meal at any fast food place, somethings wrong with this picture and its not the restaurant.

Most standard combos around here are still $8-$12.

• 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
How do people like Shake shack? There are a couple in my city but on the other side of town, so I have never been to one. But they are building one right by me. Curious how they stack up, if they are worth it at all.

I think Shake Shack is pretty great but it's not cheap. Certainly a tier or two higher than your typical fast food burgers though.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
sour-punch-ghost-pepper-roulette.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How do people like Shake shack? There are a couple in my city but on the other side of town, so I have never been to one. But they are building one right by me. Curious how they stack up, if they are worth it at all.
The burgers aren't bad at all and appear to use "fresh/fresher" ingredients. But the price? I stopped going due to the price and that was before Bindenflation. I can't imagine the cost now.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I went against my better judgement and got taco bell the other day, it was just awful. Nothing tasted right.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm once its built, ill stop in and see I guess. Atm around here a burger meal is anywhere from $7 to $13(the latter usually for double burgers), iirc. I don't do it often, so not 100% sure on price, but I did get in-n-out for us a couple weeks ago and it was $27 for 3 double double meals, with only 1 large drink, rest was default size.

Guess we will see how expensive it is. It is 2 other fast food places down from a chic-fil-a that I swear is always busy. Kind of funny actually, entire line of fast food places, 6 in total, and right behind them all is a huge EoS Gym.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Don't go full retard. The burgers are fire the fries are OK. Everything else aside from curds is hot liquid shit
I think Cheese Curds are only really awesome when they are squeaky fresh. Anything else they are lackluster but still edible.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Had the ghost pepper whopper at Burger King. The cheese was hard, 2 tiny pieces of bacon and no spice at all. 11 bucks for the combo, sooo not worth it.

1/10.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sriracha is so overrated. I enjoy it, but its use cases are pretty niche. Something like Valentina black label is way more versatile. Sriracha is only good on certain Asian dishes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sriracha is so overrated. I enjoy it, but its use cases are pretty niche. Something like Valentina black label is way more versatile. Sriracha is only good on certain Asian dishes.
I just bought a new bottle of sriracha on Amazon. We'll see how it goes. Also I only used Sriracha when I eat Asian food. Just like I wouldn't put Valentina on my dumplings/pot stickers.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This. Anything Asian that I used sriracha on, I use sambal now. Everything else is Valentina black or Cholula chipotle.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
sambul olek is superior
Well, the good brand of Sambal was the same company and the same peppers. It also had the same shortage, but it's just not as popular as Sriracha. I use Sambal more when cooking than I do straight. I have the Lee Kum Kee version atm, but it isn't as good.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sure you can, even at Taco Bell. 2-3 of their $2 burritos is more than enough. 2-3 mcchicken and fries is like $7, or 20 McNuggets and fries is cheap. Like you mentioned any of the pizza chains give you multiple meals for less than $15. The price of the Taco Bell nuggets is just awful, especially compared to the rest of their menu.
The Taco Bell near me still sells a few things for $1, two Cheesy Bean and Rice burritos and two Spicy Potato Soft Tacos and I'm stuffed for $4.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
As a hot sauce nerd the sambal shortage has affected me much more than the sriracha shortage, so not sure how you guys just “switched over”.

Just make my own sambal from scratch now. Not that hard. So many of the imposters brands coming out are literally liquid ass. I had to berate the relative that keeps buying them for me and trash all the bottles in front of her to finally get her to stop.