The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thin that CFA is just too high and mighty. App gives damn few rewards. There are almost never coupons for the stuff, plus when you try to order ahead, their app in invasive of your data (tracks you and where you are and what the traffic is on the route you are coming) and then tries to have your order hot and ready. I get the idea-- but it's creepy to me.

Burger king had a perfectly decent chicken sandwich and you can get two for $5 sometimes.

Th Iraqi restaurant near me has the best chicken sandwich of all time. It has the diameter of the center of a basketball. Their chicken is crispy and the bread is freshly baked:
View attachment 506000
I was hoping they would offer a special-- but that will never happen. It's like $8 for their sandwich but if you upgrade to the $10 "special" you get fries and a salad.

I gave them a perfectly great slogan to use:

"From the river to the sea, buy one get one free."
All your opinions are null for liking BK.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Chickfila fries are plain. The chicken is plain. All it has going for it is that it isn't dry. The breading is nearly flavorless and they rely on the sauces. Again it's fine, it's just fairly bland to me. Cane's is the only chicken place I would consider above average that I've been to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
CFA is consistent which is exactly what you want from your fast food place. It's how McDonalds beat out most of its competitors in the 60s and 70. No matter where you go, you get about the same sandwich and waffle fries. It is consistently pretty good and that's primarily what you want if you are paying $10+ for a meal. There's a Popeyes 40 min from my house and when I'm in that area, I very occasionally get it. One time I got one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. The very next time it was one of the worst with way too much breading and way too little ck. The rest of the time, it varied but I'm always wondering what type of sandwich I'll get this time for over $10. That's not good business. I rarely eat there.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I agree, this isn't gourmet food we're talking about. Chick Fil'A and In 'n' Out are the only places that I can go and not even bother checking the bag when I drive away. I know that it is going to be accurate, well made, and taste the same as the last time I got it. Add to that the fact that I actually feel like the employees give a shit, and why would I not go? And it costs the same or even less than other places with shittier service. A motherfucking Baconator is $10.95 here. What the actual fuck? And guess how many times I've had a shitty Baconator/Quarter Pounder etc. vs. a shitty CFA sandwich or InO burger. Or even gotten the entirely wrong fucking item. Even if the taste were the same, which it definitely is not, I'd still rather give my money to the company that seems like they care that I enjoy my fucking meal.

The only difference between the two, aside from menu, is that CFA is lightning fast, whereas InO is slow as fuck and if you are there anytime between like 11am and 11pm you run the risk of being in the drive thru line for up to 30 minutes.

Oh, and while I hate woke shit as much as any of you, and DEI bullshit can get fucked, both of the nearest of those restaurants are in an area where the vast majority of the employees are not white. Normally that might give me pause, because we all know what the likelihood of getting good food/service is at those locations. Nope, doesn't fucking matter here, they all are pleasant, courteous, at least pretend to be happy to serve me, and do their fucking jobs perfectly. That is literally all that I ask from fast food employees, and if they do that I don't care if the entire restaurant is blacker than black y'all.

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Burger King's Crispy Chicken sandwiches are great. And the fact they're 2 for $5-6 is insane compared to any other restaurant right now.

The Chik Fil A on my installation was a shack and their shit was not up to standard. It was preheated shit they brought over and kept in a warmer. Does this count as being inconsistent? They also only had chicken sandwiches and nothing else. Still better than the only other on-base option: Subway.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I wish my local BKs had 2 for 6 deals of anything besides the cheap original ck sandwich that reminds me of cafeteria food.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
I had tried a Hardees for the first time a few months ago and came back feeling pretty dissatisfied. Decided to give it another go to see if it was just an off day before. Got the Nashville hot chicken sammy this time instead of a burger. It was pretty damned good. Nice and thick, not some shitty thin chicken patty and had some good heat. The fries were pretty pedestrian and the shake was not too shabby.

ps.. how the fuck can McDonalds make fries that are so much better than anyone else and no one have figured out how to copy it yet after all these decades. Fresh from the oil McDonald's fries are magical. No ketchup needed.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
McDonald's has a monopoly and Mafia like quality control over a specific type of potato is a big reason. Also that they've perfected the homogeneous experience so they're not so much as good, imo, as never bad like most places that become very hit or miss and sour the overall perception.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Chickfila fries are plain. The chicken is plain. All it has going for it is that it isn't dry. The breading is nearly flavorless and they rely on the sauces. Again it's fine, it's just fairly bland to me. Cane's is the only chicken place I would consider above average that I've been to.

I swear I get YouTube recommendations based on this thread.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People lined up in their cars as early as 3am for the 6am opening of CosMc. Too many idiots in the world.

cosmc_knboszsxn19c1.jpeg

• 1Pathetic
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I got to agree, Chick-fil-A is aggressively just decent but they’re always fresh clean and fast. Their employee system is unmatched and the places are run very well. Most fast food places are staffed from the ghetto. I won’t ever go to the wendys Taco Bell or BKs near me, they’re fucking disgusting.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The trick is to live somewhere without ghettos or ghetto people so none of the fast food places are staffed by those people.

Theres a Burger King in a town not too far from me. They appear to have all five black residents of the state working there. Its bizarre. Needless to say its not a quality establishment, even for a BK. But aside from that store all the fast food employees near me are just regular people.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
I got to agree, Chick-fil-A is aggressively just decent but they’re always fresh clean and fast. Their employee system is unmatched and the places are run very well.
The only exception I have ever found to this to be not true was Long Island. Since they had to staff with people from Long Island and Queens, the work ethic and general quality of the employees cant rise to normal CFA employees elsewhere. The location at Roosevelt Field is especially abysmal.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The only exception I have ever found to this to be not true was Long Island. Since they had to staff with people from Long Island and Queens, the work ethic and general quality of the employees cant rise to normal CFA employees elsewhere. The location at Roosevelt Field is especially abysmal.
Thankfully I don't live in hell.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
No fast food place has workers that are competent, reliable, and committed to quality. If they were like that they wouldn't be working in fast food.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No fast food place has workers that are competent, reliable, and committed to quality. If they were like that they wouldn't be working in fast food.
Where else should a high school student that fits those parameters be working then? Retail? Because high school kids are the vast majority of the employees at a Chik Fil'A or In 'n' Out (as opposed to most other fast food places that are staffed by much older people).