The Fast Food Thread

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have you been to a Buc-ee's before? If not, get a bag of Beaver Nuggets and then go to the beef jerky counter and get the Bohemian Garlic. Thank me later.
I'm just rustled I lived right near that Colorado location they just put in, meanwhile I'm ok I'm so close to Texas but still too far to just casually drive down to one.

My wife is a savage though and hates the nuggets.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

futurama-philip-fry.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Heading back up 81 from Tennessee, spotted a new Buc-Ees being built off the highway in Virginia. Not exactly close but certainly better than driving 6 hours to one if the urge arises. Or better yet, we can hit it up twice, once in Sevierville and once in VA whenever we visit my parents.
Stopped in today on the way home and was going to get that beaver tail (though they call it a paddle tail, now) but goddamn it was huge, and I think my husband would have disowned me if I got sticky stuff all over his Challenger.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Heading back up 81 from Tennessee, spotted a new Buc-Ees being built off the highway in Virginia. Not exactly close but certainly better than driving 6 hours to one if the urge arises. Or better yet, we can hit it up twice, once in Sevierville and once in VA whenever we visit my parents.
Stopped in today on the way home and was going to get that beaver tail (though they call it a paddle tail, now) but goddamn it was huge, and I think my husband would have disowned me if I got sticky stuff all over his Challenger.

It's better when heated anyways.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't know where you were in the 90s, but there were a lot of land whales crushing buffets in that day and age too.
Oh man. I miss the Shakeys buffet we used to have. That place was legit in the late 80's early 90's.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
In n Out already pays over 20 bucks. So their raise in prices is just profit.

That's not true. It was $16 something. I live close to the In N Out in San Francisco and they always advertise the wage in the window.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That's not true. It was $16 something. I live close to the In N Out in San Francisco and they always advertise the wage in the window.
Before the bump, according to the news thing I saw, starting pay was 16-25 dollars. Now its 20-28.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So, new Dr. Pepper dropped. Creamy Coconut. Not a bad flavor, but just like the strawberries and cream, it's definitely more suited to be a mixer, rather than just drinking it straight. The coconut is strong. Probably would make a good float.

1712455383497.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Subway is aids anyways but goddamn that’s sad.
Aids would be an upgrade. Local Subway takes 40+ minutes to make a sandwich. Time before last, I ordered via app, waited 35 minutes and drove there. ONE employee there. Guy stood and stared out the window. Such a mentally demanding job that he didn't think to do his fucking job.

Last time I just went in, said fuck the app. God damned slowest workers I've ever seen. Should take seconds to make a sandwich, not fucking minutes. Jesus Christ.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Years ago Chick-Fil-A used to load you up on sauces, now they give you the exact amount you specify and no more. They also put too much ice in their drinks

Conversely, McDonald's used to be stingy as hell with their sauces but now they are the ones that load my bag up with sauces plus ketchup packets i never asked for. McD's got the original patent for automated beverage machines and i never have an issue with the amount of ice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Aids would be an upgrade. Local Subway takes 40+ minutes to make a sandwich. Time before last, I ordered via app, waited 35 minutes and drove there. ONE employee there. Guy stood and stared out the window. Such a mentally demanding job that he didn't think to do his fucking job.

Last time I just went in, said fuck the app. God damned slowest workers I've ever seen. Should take seconds to make a sandwich, not fucking minutes. Jesus Christ.
was it a pajeet?

IveABigOne

N00b
I don't know where you were in the 90s, but there were a lot of land whales crushing buffets in that day and age too.

True, I forgot about them, from what I remember the majority were either unemployed and divorced (for obvious reasons) or middle-aged housewives with horrible attitudes. I don't remember seeing many landwhale men.

I remember in 97 after seeing Batman at the movie theatre we went to a Pizza Hut buffet and a very fat woman intentionally elbowed me in the face while loading her plate with pizza and pasta because she wanted all the peperoni to herself.