The Fast Food Thread

Juvarisx

Florida
What Friends season was this from?

1993. Inflation calculator says that Big Mac meal would be $6.50ish today, on my app its $9.50. Its not even worth going there anymore I can get more Pho or Thai then I can eat at one sitting for like $10 and its a lot better then that shit.

Hell I went to a Michelin Star Chinese restaurant in China Town in Chicago and it was $35 for two of us pickup (2 mains and a chicken fried rice). Fuck fast food, now is the time for cheap ass Asian food.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Sheeeit, the only good pho place locally is up to nearly $20 and their service is terrible, constantly closed at random times, yell at you that it's cash only and no sharing. Amazing pho, though.

Not saying that makes it worth getting McDonald's. Only that everything is dumb and we're all getting the world we deserve. Saving a lot of money at least by rarely eating out anymore.

Can't afford fast food, so eating steaks and prawns and stuff made at home. It's a strange time to be poor!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I hate subway since it went to shit 15 years ago but ended up grabbing lunch for me and wife there yesterday since it is next door to where I was running an errand.

2 Footlongs, drink, chips, 25 dollars and that was after applying a Buy one get one 50 percent off deal.

And whats crazy is not that I thought, these used to be 5 bucks a pop how is it 25, I was thinking, wow only 25 since anywhere else I go even with a deal is 30 plus.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I hate subway since it went to shit 15 years ago but ended up grabbing lunch for me and wife there yesterday since it is next door to where I was running an errand.

2 Footlongs, drink, chips, 25 dollars and that was after applying a Buy one get one 50 percent off deal.

And whats crazy is not that I thought, these used to be 5 bucks a pop how is it 25, I was thinking, wow only 25 since anywhere else I go even with a deal is 30 plus.

yeah money printer go brrr has really fucked the dollar hardcore the last 4 years.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
1993. Inflation calculator says that Big Mac meal would be $6.50ish today, on my app its $9.50. Its not even worth going there anymore I can get more Pho or Thai then I can eat at one sitting for like $10 and its a lot better then that shit.

Hell I went to a Michelin Star Chinese restaurant in China Town in Chicago and it was $35 for two of us pickup (2 mains and a chicken fried rice). Fuck fast food, now is the time for cheap ass Asian food.
the great pho near me is in a seedy strip mall with such horrible roads i can hear my shocks cry and they only take cash

but i gladly go, b/c the next step down is only "good" pho and they give you like a thin strip of meat

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finally made it to Buc-Ees. Fantastic bathroom, my god. Stocked up on beaver nuggs and jerky and even some home decor. Hitting it up again on the way back up to WV Thursday to get some brisket.
What a true tribute to America this place is. It’s goddamn huge.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Finally made it to Buc-Ees. Fantastic bathroom, my god. Stocked up on beaver nuggs and jerky and even some home decor. Hitting it up again on the way back up to WV Thursday to get some brisket.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Get the beaver tail next time, you are in for a treat.

• 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users
I absolutely love the Baconator. Unless they make it so it is slathered with grease and looks like Honey Boo Boo's mom say on it (35% of the time, approximately), it is great. I used to love Wendy's chicken strips but then they were little bitches and got rid of them. Fuck you I don't want your chicken nuggets, I want your goddamn motherfucking chicken strips. The ones from burger king aren't half bad either.

Attachments

• 6f05a31ea1e7ce533a27f51b22650efbec0a26bc.gif
    6f05a31ea1e7ce533a27f51b22650efbec0a26bc.gif
    957.2 KB · Views: 4

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've been devouring these lately. They're so good. Probably the best Doritos variety they've put out in a long time. They are basically the Flamin' Hot flavor of regular Doritos, but better. They seem to have way more flavor dust than you get on typical Doritos. Maybe it has to do with the rolled shape. A++ do recommend.

doritos.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
To the guy above who just went to Buccees, i am sure to stop at the new Colorado location soon. I have to go to Longmont every few weeks so i'll make a special stop.
About the fast food cost factor. I am just like you guys, i hate paying too much for fast food but i love it. A single person can still get deals everywhere and it's not hard to save money. If your buying it for your whole family it's shocking when you pay 30-50 dollars. It is what it is but think about this. Say mid 90's you would pay around 5 dollars for a meal or sub. It's 30 years later guys and gals. 30 whole years. Sure the average fast food meal is 10 dollars. Yes it can be much higher but most places i go still are ten or less. Don't just blame the last 4 years.

I remember thinking to myself around 2015 how can fast food still cost the same as when i was partying in the 90's. i also started thinking what was in the items on dollar menus.
If they can sell it for a dollar still it must be junk. Then i remember i'm a fatty fast food lover and don't care.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
To the guy above who just went to Buccees, i am sure to stop at the new Colorado location soon. I have to go to Longmont every few weeks so i'll make a special stop.

Have you been to a Buc-ee's before? If not, get a bag of Beaver Nuggets and then go to the beef jerky counter and get the Bohemian Garlic. Thank me later.

• 1Like