The Fast Food Thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Sure you can be, but you can be fat as fuck at the Exxon snack bar. It doesn't require an exclusive membership card to be fat as fuck.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've found Costco isn't a whole lot cheaper than just a normal grocery store, it's just you are buying in bulk.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've found Costco isn't a whole lot cheaper than just a normal grocery store, it's just you are buying in bulk.
It depends on the item. Dry goods are cheaper but there isn't as much flexibility for pricing as you see on other things. 90/10 ground beef at Costco is around a buck cheaper then 80/20 at your big grocery chains. Costco's buying power advantage really only comes into play with perishable items. They have the best buyers in the business.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure getting a Costco/BJs/Sam's Club membership is a gateway drug for being fat.
Even most normal grocery items are poorly portioned - same problem exists pretty much everywhere from the ground up.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Meats are cheaper, oils and spices, stuff like diapers, kitchenware/utensils, tires. You have to be smart about how you shop to take full advantage.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah when I walked though the other day I noticed right away how much cheaper meats were. That's the main reason I would get a membership if I did. There's some decent savings in the frozen foods as well as bakery too.

Regular boxed grocery though, yeah it's about the same.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I want to take my wife there so she can see before I get a membership, do they allow a day guest pass or anything for this to happen?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They need a purge from the top down apparently.

This Max guy, whoever the fuck he is, is atrocious. There are a couple commercials with him now, and they don't really make any sense. It's starting to feel like McD's is just pulling random ideas out of a hat for food items, marketing, and company decisions.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I just watched No 3 on TV and it was the worst fucking commercial ever. Made me specifically not want to eat at McDonalds. Who the fuck do they have running this shit? Gonna bankrupt the company

I used to go to BJ's and get a 24 or 30 pack of Monster energy drinks for $24-30, I can't remember how much exactly but it worked out to almost $1 a can. Shit is like $2.29 regular price so it was a steal

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Monsters are always on sale for 2 for 3, so if you are paying 2.29 then you are doing something wrong.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Taco bell steak breakfast buritto is better than my local top rated 5 star mexican place. The mexican place does do churrizo (sp?) better, but their ingredients don't meld together, taco bell, wtf how are they hitting home runs?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Taco bell steak breakfast buritto is better than my local top rated 5 star mexican place. The mexican place does dochurrizo (sp?)better, but their ingredients don't meld together, taco bell, wtf how are they hitting home runs?
chorizo

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah when I walked though the other day I noticed right away how much cheaper meats were. That's the main reason I would get a membership if I did. There's some decent savings in the frozen foods as well as bakery too.

Regular boxed grocery though, yeah it's about the same.
I think the reason I don't see the meat prices is the different location. The nearest Costco from me is a couple towns over and closer to some richer neighborhoods. Their meat prices are comparable to my local grocery.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I only get ground beef at costco now. $2.99 a pound for 10% fat is great. Local grocery stores hardly ever have 10% and when they do it isn't as cheap.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I only get ground beef at costco now. $2.99 a pound for 10% fat is great. Local grocery stores hardly ever have 10% and when they do it isn't as cheap.
Wha? Even WalMarts near me have always carried up to 90% - groceries and such tend to go up to 93%.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In my area the meat quality from the club stores far surpasses any local chains as well as being cheaper.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Let's not forget the buck fitty Hotdog and soda and Roteisserie Chickens for 5 bucks that look like they have been fed nothing but steroids.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I heard CostCo bagels cure cancer.

I once tried on a pair of Kirkland jeans and my dick grew 3 inches.

Kirkland brand paper towels absorb 50x their weight in liquid and when you ring them out it turns the liquid in to ambrosia.