The Fast Food Thread

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Oh god. Next McDonald's commercial: Some fag holds up a sirloin burger and says he's not crying because of the onions. He's crying because the burger will be gone soon.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My dinner (and lunch and later dinner) tonight:

Two beef supreme chalupas
Two chicken Quesoritos
Two beefy gordita crunches

$18.46

All quality calories.
Don't get me wrong, I love Taco Bell, but for the money it's kind of shitty. If I want Mexican, for that amount of money, I can get two chipotle burrito bowls.

I guess my point is Taco Bell is expensive for the shitty but delicious quality.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I went through a phase in college where I was addicted to Trader Joe's chewable vitamin C tablets. My roommate bought some and I was stealing them from him and then went and got myself a bottle and ate 3/4 of it the first night. For a while I was going through a bottle a week or more. I'm lucky I didn't die of a vitamin C overdose.

rrr_img_98189.jpg

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never been to a Cici's - so I'm guessing you'd say to pass if the opportunity ever presents itself. Hah.
I've had some fucking good times at CiCi's during my college years and am glad my friends made me go because my first attempt was a Randy Quaid moment and I said I'd never do it again. Fat dude with bucked teeth and gargantuan wife with like 8 kids sharing one plate

5.5/10 is not bad for fast food, because that scale includes all food. If ya'll want me to have a scale weighted for just fast food, the Dairy Queen BBQ Snack Melt would be around 7/10

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think I'm one of the few that doesn't like Chipotle. The only thing I can tolerate there is the carnitas burrito. If I have my choice I'll go to Qdoba.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Honestly, anything I make at home blows away 'Mexican' food, and it's not hard to make. Same with 'Italian'.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I went through a phase in college where I was addicted to Trader Joe's chewable vitamin C tablets. My roommate bought some and I was stealing them from him and then went and got myself a bottle and ate 3/4 of it the first night. For a while I was going through a bottle a week or more. I'm lucky I didn't die of a vitamin C overdose.

rrr_img_98189.jpg
Vitamin C is one of two water soluble vitamins, so you just pee out what your body doesn't use. So munch away! Now if they have Vitamin A or D or something, you probably shouldn't.

I agree 18 dollars for that much Taco Bell is too much. This was my man version of a spa day. Treatin' myself. For that value I would've gotten ~7 McDoubles and ~7 McChickens. I've never had Chipotle except chips and guac once.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm wondering how much vitamin D you would have to take to overdose. Lots of MS patients take 50,000 ITU's of D3 daily while a normal vitamin D3 pill is 1,000 ITU's.

Currently in recovery for a chronic magnesium deficiency. Never heard of such but apparently it affects damn near everything. Besides starting an IV, I take oral and they prescribed this state of the art new stuff....epsom salt in either a bath or a lotion because apparently it's just magnesium and it's easily absorbed thru the skin.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think I'm one of the few that doesn't like Chipotle. The only thing I can tolerate there is the carnitas burrito. If I have my choice I'll go to Qdoba.
I'm also Qdoba fan. I think their food just tastes better.. and that queso diablo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went to a place near work called Carnivore's, basically a BBQ place. Line was out the door and had to wait forever to order. Prices were insane, but it was awesome. Got brisket and deep fried mac n cheese. Basically a cut out square of baked mac n cheese that was then breaded and deep fried - really good.

It wasn't fast food or anything, but I Needed to share it.

Also the lead ball of mac n cheese basically made me unable to eat food all night - and the toilet hates me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fried mac and cheese is amazing. I never even heard of it until I moved to the west coast. Seems like it would be a midwest thing too.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've seen deep fried mac and cheese balls with lobster in them in the Boston area.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
East coast has fried mac n cheese bites everywhere, but I think that's different than fried mac n cheese proper

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This was proper shit, and it was good. First time I've seen it, so not too common around here (Boston area).

The only turn off were their registers were tablets on a swivel that they entered stuff into and swiveled it around for you to sign your name and shit. I've never seen something so ridiculously gay in all of my life.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The only turn off were their registers were tablets on a swivel that they entered stuff into and swiveled it around for you to sign your name and shit. I've never seen something so ridiculously gay in all of my life.
That's a regular thing at many grab-n-go spots in the Bay Area. What's wrong with it? Scared of technology of something? It's really convenient.