The Fast Food Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it's something $20 or less always pay with cash. Also, this week I am Steve when picking up my food. Next week I'll be Billy.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Are we saying that a cash register is somehow superior to a tablet? Are we doing that?
Well, paper ballots are superior to electronic voting machines for voting, so it depends on the application.

I'd say for point of sale, a cash register is obviously going to be far superior to a tablet. Paper receipts are important for many people - digital documents are easily forged, or altered. Paper documents are more difficult to (although obviously not impossible by any means). Now, properly implemented - such as having a tablet at your table able to browse the menu and wine list is better. But using a tablet as a cash register is stupid.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who carries cash on them? Fuck, do you still write checks too? Also everything you just described are things you do after a meal, not before you eat it.

Normally I wouldn't give a fuck but the tablet screen was bumpy there was so much shit caked to it. It looked like a 3 year old ate peanutbutter strait from the jar and then played on the damn thing.

If you're okay with rubbing your finger on that and then eating food then more power to you, I personally find it disgusting.
Because they are forcing you to jam your fingers into your mouth the second after you are done signing with it? And if this is such a problem, why don't you have your own hand sanitizer with you at all times? Worlds a dirty place man.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I never use hand sanitizer except at the gym (following me blowing my nose into a tissue) and after I've been inside something dead or alive. Otherwise just man up and take those germs to boost your immunity you pussies. I have flashbacks to my father and grandfather eating ham and mayo sandwiches while baiting fishing hooks and they sure as fuck didn't even wash their hands with river water.

Just remember the doctor in NY with Ebola did a fucking world tour including a goddamn bowling alley and no one else got it. You'll be fine eating some one else's snot crust from a swipey screen.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Because they are forcing you to jam your fingers into your mouth the second after you are done signing with it?
They sell finger foods in an on site sit down place. It's all they sell. They don't stock forks. So yes, pretty much they are.

If you're cool running your fingers over a surface that hundreds of others have before you and you can't even see he screen clearly because its caked with so much shit, and then proceed to sit and eat finger food more power to you.

I'm fine pretty much any other time but right before I eat? No fuck that.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
If they bring me a tablet, and ask me to sign with my finger, I typically use my penis, and I'm a restrained guy, so sanitizing after touching the swipe screen is probably wise.

I never use hand sanitizer except at the gym (following me blowing my nose into a tissue) and after I've been inside something dead or alive.
This is intriguing. Can you give me an example, other than sex, when you've been inside something alive? Are you a surgeon?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If they bring me a tablet, and ask me to sign with my finger, I typically use my penis, and I'm a restrained guy, so sanitizing after touching the swipe screen is probably wise.

This is intriguing. Can you give me an example, other than sex, when you've been inside something alive? Are you a surgeon?
Here's his Facebook profile pic labeled "last Saturday night", it may explain things better.

rrr_img_98258.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing that pisses me off about the whole tablet thing and signing with my finger is I don't know whos gross ass hands and fingers have been all over that tablet. I was at a Cupcake place the other day and my wife and I got one and they wanted me to sign it. I asked if they had hand sanitizer and the lady looked at me like I was retarded. She couldn't grasp that in a place designed to buy finger food and eat it on site why I wouldn't want to smear my fingers all over a germ infested surface.
So how do you feel about hand operated doors leading into the place? Do you want them all to be automatic? Otherwise like, germs and stuff eww.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The place in question has it's door propped open.

But please, keep asking me retarded scenarios because your okay with sliding your fingers around in shit and then eating with them seconds after.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Don't get me wrong, I love Taco Bell, but for the money it's kind of shitty. If I want Mexican, for that amount of money, I can get two chipotle burrito bowls.

I guess my point is Taco Bell is expensive for the shitty but delicious quality.
Amen. I used to love Taco Bell when you could eat like a king for 5-6$. Sure, it was complete trash and littered with oatmeal filler, but the quantity to price ratio was unmatched in the fast food world. Nowadays it's almost always a better choice to go to the local, generic Mexican fast food joint, a taco cart, or Chipotle.

A bunch of cupcake eatin' germophobes up in here (well maybe just 1). Just this week I was in Central Virginia visiting a customer. Picked up a dozen of the most delicious cupcakes (visit Cupcake Company if you're ever near James Madison University) to take to the microbiology lab. Signed the square tablet (e-mailed receipt for ez expense reporting) with my finger. Dropped the cupcakes off in the lab's office and visited the microbiologists who were preparing samples for Salmonella and Listeria screening. Go back to the office. Grab a cupcake to eat on the way out. Wash my hands AFTER eating the cupcake because I don't need to get sticky icing all over everything. What bacteria are you even concerned about??

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
How stupid are signatures, anyway? Why are we still doing this? What does it matter? As if they just can't run the charge without your signature, or your signature proves anything. My wife signs my name all the time, no one ever bats an eye. Signatures should go the way of paper receipts.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I love those emailed receipts for work expenses, other than that I don't need more shit in my email.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They sell finger foods in an on site sit down place. It's all they sell. They don't stock forks. So yes, pretty much they are.

If you're cool running your fingers over a surface that hundreds of others have before you and you can't even see he screen clearly because its caked with so much shit, and then proceed to sit and eat finger food more power to you.

I'm fine pretty much any other time but right before I eat? No fuck that.
That's why they have after diner mints after the checkout. So you get loaded up with germs paying and then putting the mint in your mouth. Come on be little more OCD with germs haha

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
How stupid are signatures, anyway? Why are we still doing this? What does it matter? As if they just can't run the charge without your signature, or your signature proves anything. My wife signs my name all the time, no one ever bats an eye. Signatures should go the way of paper receipts.
No cause they will want finger prints next. I already feel like some of them want a DNA sample, apparently I sometimes get behind them in line.