The Fast Food Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sorry I started a shitty pizza derail
You damn well should be. :p

There are 3 pizza places in this hell hole they call a town. Pizza Hutt, Mazzio's, and a small italian place with decent pizza that doesn't deliver. Shit , shit , or pick it up.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You don't have Grubhub or Eat24 in northern FL?
Certainly don't near Cape Canaveral.... (east coast central FL)

No secondary delivery that I've found either. And our local places have really weak topping options - great core to them but minimal variety to piece together. And around 3x the cost....

PS People complaining about too little sauce... WTF... Rule #1 to good pizza is restrained sauce. Sloppy red sauce is Sbarro shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm about to admit something, as an italian american, that may get me deported or murdered.

I ask for light sauce.. I don't really like sauce..

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
For my KC bros

Amongst my friends, you either seem to love them or hate them. I like Minksy's, but they taste a bit below some of the legit Chicago/NY places

primary_r470x260.jpg
I grew up eating Kelso's Pizza in NKC, so I obviously love Pizza Shoppe since it's the exact same thing.

I could drink that pink garlic salad dressing, it's so good.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lately i've been eating a lot of Speedway pizza. it was B1G1 for slices last month. its probably really horrible for you (tons of sodium), and half the time they cook it wrong, but for some reason i just can't stop buying the shit. its been my lunch more days than not lately.

i've got so many fucking Speedy Rewards points

Vaclav

I'm about to admit something, as an italian american, that may get me deported or murdered.

Same (although for the wife mostly, I don't mind appropriate sauce but if I know a place is heavy handed, I'd ask for light sauce) but yea, sauce should be a note in the flavor profile not a dominant flavor - especially with how bland so many sauces are.

The only time it should be dominant is with something like pasta where it's literally nothing but a vessel for sauce (and even then, it shouldn't be swimming in it)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Certainly don't near Cape Canaveral.... (east coast central FL)

No secondary delivery that I've found either. And our local places have really weak topping options - great core to them but minimal variety to piece together. And around 3x the cost....
FL sounds awful.

Vaclav

FL sounds awful.
It's a pain in the ass to open businesses here, that's for sure - I'd imagine that's why they're not here, too much overhead getting stuff started. Trying to start a business [think Dave and Busters but non-digital gaming basically - might do a little digital however, depending on what the spot/finances will allow - but its secondary if I do] myself and... it's getting a bit annoying... (interestingly though, liquor license which I expected to be hard like MD was, was trivial though...)

That's not to say there might not be one I'm missing, I'd love to find one myself - we DID (past tense) have one that I found a website for but it's no longer active. [Or I'd assume so, it lists zero participating vendors]

Now that said, I live in a canal based suburb and am a 5-10 min drive from food (and supposedly a 10 min or so boating to the places with docks according to neighbors that already own boats) for basically all the options since they're clustered around 3 main strips and there's always zero traffic outside of Spring Break when MTV is in Cocoa Beach. So picking up isn't that much of a hassle.

Therage

Vyemm Raider

I spent a couple weeks in Italy last year. Our pizza and theirs are way different. They barely use sauce or cheese like we do. All about half of what we use.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We have GrubHub and Eat24 in Ft. Lauderdale. Don't confuse the wasteland of central and northern FL with south FL. You can visit like Noodle, get some food delivered to you and then get murdered shortly thereafter.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Soygen probably has them on speed dial.
Isn't Soygen a foodie? He prob makes his own pasta at home. I can't see Soy doing food delivery.

I grew up eating Kelso's Pizza in NKC, so I obviously love Pizza Shoppe since it's the exact same thing.

I could drink that pink garlic salad dressing, it's so good.
How is Kelsos? I haven't tried it yet and we're always looking for new places for lunch, and Armour isn't much of a drive. I'm in the same boat with Judge's at Chouteau and Vivion.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't know if I would consider myself a foodie. I like to cook and eat at upscale restaurants, but I'm also down for frozen food, fast food, take out/delivery. I just like to eat.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Got pizza for lunch thanks to this thread. It was upsCale pizza because I only eat quality calories.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Went to a high end grocery store to get lunch to go. Got some chicken, stuffing and potatoes off their lunch buffet and I got an apple juice to drink.

Lady who rang me up struck up a convo with me, I paid with my card and left. I get to work and look at my receipt, she only charged me for my apple juice.

Free lunch if best lunch.