The Fast Food Thread

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Certainly don't near Cape Canaveral.... (east coast central FL)

No secondary delivery that I've found either. And our local places have really weak topping options - great core to them but minimal variety to piece together. And around 3x the cost....

PS People complaining about too little sauce... WTF... Rule #1 to good pizza is restrained sauce. Sloppy red sauce is Sbarro shit.
I don't know, that place right next too Coconuts is pretty good. Or it could be shitty and all pizza tastes good drunk, i'm not sure.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know, that place right next too Coconuts is pretty good. Or it could be shitty and all pizza tastes good drunk, i'm not sure.
Not familiar with Coconuts to know what's next door - only Cocoa Beach pizza place I know is Bizarro over there, which admittedly is the best of the Bizarro locations though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The company orders in lunch like once a week and yesterday was pizza day. This always results in leftovers. I had pizza for breakfast and lunch today. I almost feel bad.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The company orders in lunch like once a week and yesterday was pizza day. This always results in leftovers. I had pizza for breakfast and lunch today. I almost feel bad.
I'm always leary about communal pizza that has been touched. I'll eat a pie that is still intact, but one that is missing a few slices, i'm sure the other ppl had to hold onto the other pizza slice to separate it from the other, so every pizza slice left over has been touched by your co-workers.

Have you seen your co-workers keyboards? dear lord.

(yes i know obviously the pizza guys are touching the pizza all over, they're food service ppl, as you hope they're washing their hands, whereas in the office there is always that one slob who runs for the free food)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I live in a major city and use public transit every day. Pussy shit like that doesn't bother me.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Where I used to work we got lunch everyday if you wanted it. One guy wouldn't eat lunch but once a week when they went to one particular place he would order and stick in the refrigerator and try to get someone else to order for him as well. He would take it home and that was his diner.

We're talking someone that made $120k a year.

Vaclav

We're talking someone that made $120k a year.
Free food is free food, bro. I've known people making well north of that that love some free food. Excuses tend to be varied though - some "because it's wasteful not to", some "because I get to try thing I normally wouldn't get myself", etc.

Borzak

It was a $5 sandwich. Not exactly great cuisine. I could see the not wasting part except he ordered it.

Maybe. Maybe cause he's 55 and has a 1 year old heroin grand kid he's raising and supporting his 4 kids and his wifes 4 kids.

Vaclav

120k a year suddenly isn't all that much with 8 dependents.
Sounds like 9-10 from his quote (wife [no mention of her working, so won't assume she is personally] + 1 grandkid + 4 kids + 4 step) - and being a "heroin grandkid" I can only imagine could be quite expensive from complications.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm always leary about communal pizza that has been touched. I'll eat a pie that is still intact, but one that is missing a few slices, i'm sure the other ppl had to hold onto the other pizza slice to separate it from the other, so every pizza slice left over has been touched by your co-workers.

Have you seen your co-workers keyboards? dear lord.

(yes i know obviously the pizza guys are touching the pizza all over, they're food service ppl, as you hope they're washing their hands, whereas in the office there is always that one slob who runs for the free food)
That's how immune systems work bro. Expose yourself to a plethora of sources. And free pizza is free pizza!

Serious question, are you a germaphobe?

Borzak

120k a year suddenly isn't all that much with 8 dependents.
Well they are all of age and one is 32, depends on what day of the week it is on how many "live" with him. The one who is 32 got fired from the place I worked for not showing up. Then he got fired by one of our customers (Dow Chemical) when he fell off a pipe rack alone which in itself being there is a no no alone. He hung there on his harnass for an hour before someone found him and he flunked his drug test. Then he got hired by Exxon testing fire hoses and certifying them. Be afraid.

His daughter got married, he paid for it all. Then she got divorced and married a black guy which I don' care, but apparently she only married him to shock people and show up unannounced and introduce her ner husband and peoples house. So she got divorced and became a lesbian and then had a baby while on heroin.

I had lunch with one son at Exxon one day at the cafeteria with him. All he talked about is his new way to scam the government out of something by not getting married and their assistance would be higher.

That's a nutshell of all 8 of his kids. One went to Iraq and got a dishonorable discharge for plotting to kill an officer. The list goes on and on. I won't even get into his wife that can heal with lan on hands.....

But he's starting a church to spread the word to the disadvanted that and legalize pot. He never shuts up about legalizing pot, he got all pissed when I told him even if legal Exxon is not going to let you crawl all over the towers out there without passing a drug test. That thought never occured to him.

I just got a kick out him saving a salad to take home once a week. He won't take food home the other 4 days. He rants about how bad the ingredients are at X or Y place they buy food (hell it's free shit). If I had to feed all those people I would take home day old hamburgers.

Long derail but he's quite entertaining and the world is against him and he doesn't understand why. Scary part is he's really really good at his job.

Borzak

But back on the topic of food, staying with my parents while I get back on my feet physically (I did pay for the house so...) and they're getting a new fast food joint. Then I found out it was DQ, having lived in TX you can't go 50 feet in rural areas and not run into a DQ. Was hoping for some variety.