The Fast Food Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Any place that just leaves food sitting in the hot plate for hours at a time is bad news. If it's not being cooked for order, it's shit.
My 2 best guesses is bad sanitation, or keeping certain product (like at the prep station) too long at room temperature. And you can google any restaurant name + food poisoning, and it's rarely the result of the Chain itself. Rarely you'll get something like tainted product, but usually it's the local employees at a location fucking something up that causes people to get sick (like your friend's sister). I wouldn't blame you at all for not going to that location yourself, but it's a real stretch to come to the conclusion that all of Chipotle's food is terrible and makes people sick just because people got sick eating at a particular location.

You friend's sister potentially being part of the problem is just extra lulzy.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yep, food poisoning is completely dependent upon the specific restaurant you are frequenting, and how their staff handles your food. Almost never has anything to do with what happens to the food before it reaches the specific location.(processing, shipping, delivery, etc)

I eat out a TON, everyday at work for lunch(5 times a week) and usually a couple more times at night or on the weekend. A safe bet is that I eat out 8-10 meals per week. I've gotten food poisoning exactly twice in my life, once from Cheesecake Factory, and once from a local mom & pop Italian restaurant. I'd almost wager that fast food places are probably some of the better places for NOT making people sick, based on the insane amount of people that they feed on a daily basis compared to a normal restaurant. You want that food to turn over fast, you don't want it sitting somewhere all day. Never eat at a buffet that isn't busy, and the busier the fast food place, the better. Food doesn't have time to sit long.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I rarely eat at Chipotle anymore. Over the past few years they've gotten worse. The tortilla wrapping is absolutely sad. The burrito falls apart so early. And I've always had a problem with the cold salsa. WTF is that? At least keep it room temperature. You're ruining the goddamn cheese by making it not melt.
Burrito Bowl 4 Life

joz123

Potato del Grande
Wendy's cod fillet sandwich is very good and beats the shit out of Carl's Jr un-breaded turd. Also McDonalds fish mcbites are shit. The fish itself has no flavor and they gave me bbq sauce for the dip because they didn't get any tartar sauce for the day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a little miffed that they changed the nuggets from a 5-piece to a 4-piece though. I literally went one day and ordered a 5-piece, then the next day I went and tried to order again and the guy went "uhh, we don't sell 5 pieces" and made me sound like I was a fucking alien or something.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Probably not a big surprise, but the Grilled Steak Cantina Burrito at TBell is no bueno. At least the one I had. Smothered in way too much cheap avocado sauce shit and steak was chewy. I betrayed my oath to Freebirds/Chipotle. Feels bad man
frown.png

frown.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
But that fake Mexican chef lady rejected the steak 9 times!

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Wasn't mentioned in the commercial, but the 10th reject was followed by a "fuck this, I'm going for a monster at freebirds."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The thing that pisses me off about that commercial is that bitch isn't even cooking the goddamn motherfucking steak. What do I care that two other chefs cooked some steak and she approved. Get off your dumb hispanic ass and make me a steak.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know Carl's = Hardee's here in the South, if their food is the same I think they have the GD baddest breakfast in the game. Their biscuits and breakfast sandwicges are so good.

Finally tried Shake Shack in Miami, same as NYC but without the lines. Its really really good and their local concrete's the Cuban Cookie & UM shake are A+++.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Cool ranch taco shells have been at Taco Bell for the last week or so. I hate ranch so haven't had one but I figure plenty of people might be interested. I don't see the appeal honestly, doesn't seem like it would mix with taco flavor, but maybe that's just my hatred of ranch talking and everyone else will love it. Never understood dipping pizza in ranch either.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cool ranch taco shells have been at Taco Bell for the last week or so. I hate ranch so haven't had one but I figure plenty of people might be interested. I don't see the appeal honestly, doesn't seem like it would mix with taco flavor, but maybe that's just my hatred of ranch talking and everyone else will love it. Never understood dipping pizza in ranch either.
Amen, brother. Ranch is a pretty gross flavor. Ruins the breath.