The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What kind of magical wonderland do you live in where you can get Old Bay Filet-O-Fish? I've never seen that at McDonalds in my life and I've been eating their fish sandwiches for 30+ years.
Kansas City is apparently the Mecca of fast food, so cry me a river!

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Little hungover and hungry.

I have an Arbys,Mcdonalds,Wendys,Taco Bell,Popeyes,Sonic,Wawa,Royal Farms and Burger King all with in driving distance.

I'm going to take a shower and some asprin then pick the first person who responds on what I should order from whatever restaurant they pick from the list. Only rule is no fish, crazy custom orders, or family deals.

Will post pics of the meal and critique it, I haven't had fast food in a long time. 30 minutes on the clock.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Little hungover and hungry.

I have an Arbys,Mcdonalds,Wendys,Taco Bell,Popeyes,Sonic,Wawa,Royal Farms and Burger King all with in driving distance.

I'm going to take a shower and some asprin then pick the first person who responds on what I should order from whatever restaurant they pick from the list. Only rule is no fish, crazy custom orders, or family deals.

Will post pics of the meal and critique it, I haven't had fast food in a long time. 30 minutes on the clock.
2 beef n cheddars with Curley fries, horsey sauce and a large Mountian Dew.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm rearranging my position on you, man.

Have one. Not because it's so good it will change your life. Have one because it is a staple of the fast food industry, and never having tried it makes your opinion on fast food invalid.

Fuckin' pussy shit, man.
Sorry man it just seems like a waste to me to fill up on bread. When I go to mcds I always get the double quarter pounder because of the meat content. I stopped eating baby hamburgers years ago.

I go to mcds maybe once a year, so if I go in 2016 I'll try one out for you.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
wpDvg1c.jpg

Went with the chicken strips in Spicy with an order of cajun fries. When queried about my "dippin" sauce selection I replied Ranch and was met with scorn from the order taker as apparently, Popeyes has no less than 5 different types of Ranch dressing. I settled on Blackened Ranch dressing and ordered a Dr.Pepper to complete my southern chicken experience.

LrWpfUJ.jpg

The fries were crisp but not very spicy they had some sort of coating or batter that reminded me of old 90s Burger King fries. They were very long and pretty tasty. I did not use ketchup on any other sauce on them. I received an ample amount of them that lasted purpostionatly to the rest of the meal not leaving any leftovers to throw away like Five Guys or other burger places.

The chicken had a good kick that was not evident at first, Originally when I ate my first piece I was disappointed and I could not taste the heat right away but after a few moments I could taste it. Very heavy on cheyenne and black pepper and a slight note of dill in the seasoning, I would maybe guess they use white pepper instead of black due to the subtle heat but I doubt Pop-Eyes would use a more expensive version. The chicken itself was very crunchy and I would say more crunch than chicken, it was moist white meat that was big enough that I had to break it into small bite size pieces. I would've preferred a thicker cut of chicken as you never really got a good taste of chicken it was more like chicken flavored breading with spices. Still it was filling and had a good flavor.

The biscuit is always my favorite part of going to Pop-Eyes and i would say they have the best biscuit in the fast food game hands down. I normally get a packet of honey and eat it with the biscuit as a sort of dessert from with my meal but I was very hungry and ate immediately when i got home.

The sauce was a big disappointment it was disgusting pink shaded black pepper infused fake ranch concoction that after one strip out of five was discarded in favor of eating them plain. I'm not sure how something that is supposed to be blackened ranch dressing comes out as a pinkish yellow discharge but i was turned off.

wH57oNw.jpg

Luckily, the Dr.Pepper was crisp and properly carbonated I would say the Pop-Eyes had it's syrup lines cleaned recently.

All in all it was a tasty greasy hangover helping meal and I give it 3.5/5 on the Fast Food scale.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn I'm surprised you were able to post that much hungover. Good write up sir. Dr.Pepper never lets you down.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've never had a big mac. I've always wondered if that piece of bread in the middle even added anything to the experience.
the middle or "club" piece adds structure to the sandwich, and it's easier to lay shredded condiments (lettuce/onions) on bread rather than meat.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
wpDvg1c.jpg

Went with the chicken strips in Spicy with an order of cajun fries. When queried about my "dippin" sauce selection I replied Ranch and was met with scorn from the order taker as apparently, Popeyes has no less than 5 different types of Ranch dressing. I settled on Blackened Ranch dressing and ordered a Dr.Pepper to complete my southern chicken experience.

LrWpfUJ.jpg

The fries were crisp but not very spicy they had some sort of coating or batter that reminded me of old 90s Burger King fries. They were very long and pretty tasty. I did not use ketchup on any other sauce on them. I received an ample amount of them that lasted purpostionatly to the rest of the meal not leaving any leftovers to throw away like Five Guys or other burger places.

The chicken had a good kick that was not evident at first, Originally when I ate my first piece I was disappointed and I could not taste the heat right away but after a few moments I could taste it. Very heavy on cheyenne and black pepper and a slight note of dill in the seasoning, I would maybe guess they use white pepper instead of black due to the subtle heat but I doubt Pop-Eyes would use a more expensive version. The chicken itself was very crunchy and I would say more crunch than chicken, it was moist white meat that was big enough that I had to break it into small bite size pieces. I would've preferred a thicker cut of chicken as you never really got a good taste of chicken it was more like chicken flavored breading with spices. Still it was filling and had a good flavor.

The biscuit is always my favorite part of going to Pop-Eyes and i would say they have the best biscuit in the fast food game hands down. I normally get a packet of honey and eat it with the biscuit as a sort of dessert from with my meal but I was very hungry and ate immediately when i got home.

The sauce was a big disappointment it was disgusting pink shaded black pepper infused fake ranch concoction that after one strip out of five was discarded in favor of eating them plain. I'm not sure how something that is supposed to be blackened ranch dressing comes out as a pinkish yellow discharge but i was turned off.

wH57oNw.jpg

Luckily, the Dr.Pepper was crisp and properly carbonated I would say the Pop-Eyes had it's syrup lines cleaned recently.

All in all it was a tasty greasy hangover helping meal and I give it 3.5/5 on the Fast Food scale.
You didn't get Red Beans and Rice or Mardi Gras Mustard, you fucked up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
the middle or "club" piece adds structure to the sandwich, and it's easier to lay shredded condiments (lettuce/onions) on bread rather than meat.
Well that explains a lot, I hate lettuce and onions on a burger. Did I order a salad? No I did not. I ordered a quadruple bypass thank you very much.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had panera bread for the second time yesterday and was not disappointed. I got a large chicken cobb salad and bowl of chicken noodle soup. The large salad was as advertised, large. After eating some bread with my bowl of soup, I gave some of my salad to the wife and still had a little left over I saved for later. The salad itself was very good, I like how they slice the chicken in the salad thinner than you typically get in a salad w/ chicken; the bacon in the salad was legit bacon made fresh, not shitty bacon bits or old dried bacon. The dressing was very good and I'm not one that puts a ton of dressing on and I wasn't sure there would be enough, one of the containers had barely any dressing at all in it, but it ended up being just the right amount for my taste; however, if you're one that likes a lot of dressing you may want to order an extra.

It was $30 for 2 bowls of soup, large salad, a flatbread sandwich, and 2 large teas (the order also came with essentially a loaf of bread), which may seem like a lot, but we went about 3 pm after eating a light early breakfast so it was our lunch and dinner. Just a large salad would be enough for a meal normally or if you wanted soup I'd recommend a small salad w/ soup.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well that explains a lot, I hate lettuce and onions on a burger. Did I order a salad? No I did not. I ordered a quadruple bypass thank you very much.
The condiments pair well with the burger. The flavors are complimentary and add texture. Not so much in fast food but burgers in general.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It was $30 for 2 bowls of soup, large salad, a flatbread sandwich, and 2 large teas (the order also came with essentially a loaf of bread), which may seem like a lot, but we went about 3 pm after eating a light early breakfast so it was our lunch and dinner. Just a large salad would be enough for a meal normally or if you wanted soup I'd recommend a small salad w/ soup.
Shoulda done the 2 for 2 deal, especially since you didn't finish your salad. It's in the range of 6.99-8.99 depending what you get and its smaller portions of two choices of their soups/salads/sandwiches/whatever. I mix it up sometimes, but my go to is Chicken Caesar, Broccoli Cheddar Soup with the bread. Girlfriend and I go occasionally can get our meals with a drink to share for ~20$.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Panera is overpriced kick in the dick if you stray away from salads and soup though. Stay the fuck away from their sandwiches.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I had a Big Mac and a Whopper with cheese this week. While the Big Mac was good, the Whopper is the superior sandwich. The "grilled" taste makes it much better for me. On the other hand, McD's fries were better than BK's.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Panera is overpriced kick in the dick if you stray away from salads and soup though. Stay the fuck away from their sandwiches.
Panera Bread has the best hot chocolate ever.

Also, on the topic of sandwiches, Friendly's turkey club supermelt is the hands down absolute best sandwich I've ever eaten. Even better than the regular supermelt, which is quite an impressive feat.

rrr_img_122605.jpg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked these up at Costco, and they are amazing. It literally is like eating well done fries (which I love) from any fast food restaurant. So amazing, until you realize you just ate nearly a whole bag of french fries!

xdunnxR.jpg