The Fast Food Thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah if the lobby is empty or near empty then for sure go in, that's probably why its been working out for you.

but yeah, all that stuff about "they prioritize the drive thru" or w/e isn't like its figured out with a mathematical equation. at that point the guy at the front of the cook line ends up more like a traditional restaurant line cook in that he needs to think on his feet to figure out the ideal timing for any given situation / combination of drive thru and inside orders. if he actually cares to put any logical thought into it. which they often don't care to.

our taco bell actually had the capability of running three full functioning cook lines at once. on really busy days they'd have one that was supposed to be dedicated to just the inside, but even then its a crap shoot because the "dedicated" lines would be constantly picking up each others' slack.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Except this doesn't happen at McDoanlds because Drive Thru takes priority over dine in.
Just don't eat at McDonald's and problem solved. The only Mcdonalds I've been in was the one by my old work and it was mostly just a drug den/hobo hangout.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I used to never hit up McD's until they built one of those futuristic ones just a couple blocks from me. It's open until 2am when a lot of other things are closed. It's one where you place orders yourself on a computer and the only employees are cooks and people handing out the food. Very smooth.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wait, what part of this conversation did I miss? Everything Chick-Fil-A does is rage inducing? Clean floors, free paper at the drive through, friendly staff, people walking around refilling drinks, fast drive thru, tons of hot milfs... I'm failing to see the downside here.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The Nashville Hot Chicken from KFC looks great. I just saw a commercial for it for the first time this evening.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I saw that for the first time today too. Usually get Gus's hot fried chicken but want to try this out tomorrow.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I used to never hit up McD's until they built one of those futuristic ones just a couple blocks from me. It's open until 2am when a lot of other things are closed. It's one where you place orders yourself on a computer and the only employees are cooks and people handing out the food. Very smooth.
McD's IN San Francisco? Isn't there some kind of law about what businesses have enough righteousness to sell shitty food in SF?

I too have played the game where you decide the drive-thru line is too long and take note of the last car in line when you walk in to see if they are still in line when you leave with your food. You win some, you lose some in my experience.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Technically you always win because you're walking and the people in their cars will die early from morbid obesity

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just had the Nashville Hot Chicken from KFC.

Fucking A+

Was damn good, perfect spice level and flavor (we have 2 Hot Chicken places near me). Probably one of the best big-chain restaurant dishes I've had in a long time.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
McD's IN San Francisco? Isn't there some kind of law about what businesses have enough righteousness to sell shitty food in SF?
It's true that there aren't many fast food chains here, but there are a couple McD's, BKs, Jack in the Boxes, one Carl's Jr, and a number of those KFC/Taco Bell combos.

Taquerias and shawarma joints are typically the best fast food options, but a lot of those aren't open after midnight unless you're in the Mission.

spronk

FPS noob
had some Nashville hot chicken today, pretty meh. Not really that spicy, and once you got past the breading none of the spices really soaked into the chicken itself. Buffalo Wild Wings are much tastier. Still, not bad and the acidity from the pickles made for a nice combo. The tenders are way better than the breasts, the latter has too much of a meat:surface ratio and you end up eating big chunks of boring white meat.

v29vVur.jpg

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
had some Nashville hot chicken today, pretty meh. Not really that spicy, and once you got past the breading none of the spices really soaked into the chicken itself. Buffalo Wild Wings are much tastier. Still, not bad and the acidity from the pickles made for a nice combo. The tenders are way better than the breasts, the latter has too much of a meat:surface ratio and you end up eating big chunks of boring white meat.
Hmm, your experience is pretty different than mine, but I also got the fingers instead. I'd obviously prefer Buffalo Wild Wings, Wingstop, or Wingzone, but for fast-food, I thought they were exceptional (easily a top 5 fast-food meal). The two other hot chicken places near me are better, but they are also double the price.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I had the same experience as spronk. Chicken was like standard KFC with a tub of cayenne paprika whatever dumped on top and not actually a part of the breading or fry. None of it actually flavored the chicken or skin. I'll keep to Gus's.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not impressed by BW-3. It's just typically the best wing choice available out of a lot of shitty options. The sports factor helps a lot too.