The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Anyone else get annoyed when you're placing your order at a fast food place and they say "OK THAT'll BE $7.35" without even asking if you're done.

Fuck bitch, do I look like a Obama-son that is satisfied by eating a chicken fry meal? BITCH THAT'S AN APPETIZER

This is really interesting and I've run into this at Subway before (I think I even posted about it in this thread). I've found that using rising intonation at the end of your statements really helps with this. For example, if you're ordering a grilled chicken salad for someone, when you say "I'll take a grilled chicken salad" make sure the pitch of your voice clearly rises on the end of "salad". For native speakers of English, this should signal that you're not done speaking and you're going to continue your order. Obviously this won't work as well if the person taking your order is a non-native speaker of English.

McCheese

Just add "and ummmm" after each item until you're done.

Sure, you can use my beautifully eloquent method mentioned above, or do what Soygen Soygen suggests and sound like a slobbering retard. If you say "and ummmm" after everything when you order, you deserve to be working at McDonald's, not ordering food there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Soygen, I am a very mechanical order-er

If I start throwing in "ummm" in between items they're gonna think I'm some fucking pleb that just walked in off the street and hasn't studied their menu for hours, carefully crafting my order exactly as I want it.

"ummm" spit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sure, you can use my beautifully eloquent method mentioned above, or do what Soygen Soygen suggests and sound like a slobbering retard. If you say "and ummmm" after everything when you order, you deserve to be working at McDonald's, not ordering food there.
Enjoy being cutoff before you're done ordering, faggot!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The brown sugar bacon sandwiches at Arby's are heads and shoulders above ANY other fast food sandwich currently out there. Seriously, if you haven't tried them you need to go try one immediately. There's no reason to order anything than one of them if you go to Arby's.

This is just not true. I didn't think it was possible but Arby's actually found a way to ruin bacon by coating it in a ridiculous amount of sugar. I like candy but I don't want it in my sandwich. I got the brown sugar BLT there and actually gave the second half of it to my dog which I have never done with any fast food burger ever.

McCheese

This is just not true. I didn't think it was possible but Arby's actually found a way to ruin bacon by coating it in a ridiculous amount of sugar. I like candy but I don't want it in my sandwich. I got the brown sugar BLT there and actually gave the second half of it to my dog which I have never done with any fast food burger ever.

You might just be one of those awful supertasters if you think "a ridiculous amount of sugar" on bacon is a bad thing. Seek help.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The BLT is all bacon. Once you remove the bacon you are just eating a limp tomato and some mayo on a bun.

1024x557_KH_BLT_BSBClub_silo_tan.jpg

It looks so amazing in the picture, but when you bite into it all you taste is sugar. Bacon is supposed to be salty, not overwhelmingly sweet. It was really off-putting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Brutal. While delicious it was over powering. Less would be more in this case.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I once wanted BLTs and my wife said we had bacon at home. Turned out it was maple bacon, "So? You can use that." I was thinking who the fuck did I marry the whole night...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
ugh, the worst is places that say they have maple bacon on the sandwich or whatever, and all they do is use regular bacon with syrup on it.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
This is really interesting and I've run into this at Subway before (I think I even posted about it in this thread). I've found that using rising intonation at the end of your statements really helps with this. For example, if you're ordering a grilled chicken salad for someone, when you say "I'll take a grilled chicken salad" make sure the pitch of your voice clearly rises on the end of "salad". For native speakers of English, this should signal that you're not done speaking and you're going to continue your order. Obviously this won't work as well if the person taking your order is a non-native speaker of English.

McCheese, the Henry Higgins of fast food.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not surprised that Mayor McCheese likes that much sugar, we are talking about a guy that eats full packages of loft house sugar cookies

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Whole Foods, of all places, has the best thick cut bacon on their breakfast bar.

And they occasionally put braised pork belly on the lunch bar. I can feel my arteries hardening as I eat but it is sinfully good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It looks so amazing in the picture, but when you bite into it all you taste is sugar. Bacon is supposed to be salty, not overwhelmingly sweet. It was really off-putting.
Is this to coincide w/ the fad of putting bacon in chocolate. (which is good if done properly)
Whole Foods, of all places, has the best thick cut bacon on their breakfast bar.

And they occasionally put braised pork belly on the lunch bar. I can feel my arteries hardening as I eat but it is sinfully good.
My wholefoods went to shit on their takeout bar, used to have great Indian tikka Masala, that they got from some place upstate. This pretty much shit in the face of the Indian restaurant across the street.

Now they're just doing lazy bbq