The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The two Burger Kings in my town are both total shit-shows.

Load up the kid to go grab lunch. Get to the first Burger King. No one in the drive thru line, score. I sit at the menu for a minute or so, no one ever greets me. I say "Hello" several times, wait a minute, say hello again, nothing. I figure maybe the speaker is broken so I pull around to the window. I can see one guy inside serving customers at the front counter, but no one manning the window. I sit there a couple minutes, I even reach out and knock on the window. Nobody comes. So I drive off

The other Burger king is like 2 miles away. I get there, promptly greeted(so that's progress). Order my food, take it home.

My whopper is basically cold. The slice of cheese could still be peeled off like an in-tack slice of american cheese because the burger is so cold it never even started to melt the cheese. My onion rings are so stale that they're actually chewy, and hard to bite through.

Dumped it all in the trash and ate a PB&J sandwich.

I'm done with Burger King in my town, they're fucking horrendous here.

Email corporate with a copy/paste of the text of your post here and you'll get a gift card I'm sure. Use it the next time your in an area with halfway decent BKs.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The two Burger Kings in my town are both total shit-shows.

I only get out that way a couple times a year and I don't think I'd eat at a lot of the fast food places out there anymore. I've had a couple of disappointing meals (old/hard burgers, soggy fries), and the last time I was over by Noland and 70 I thought about eating there....but then I just said fuck it and drove 30m home and ate there. Even Mama's Buffet down the street seemed like a better option, and it looks sketchy as hell from the outside LOL.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
popped in here just to say voodoo donuts is for fucking losers. Stale ass trendy stand in line for 20 minutes donuts.

sheeeeeeet

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was in Denver when they opened the new Voodoo Donuts location there. It was only a couple blocks from where we were staying so we tried to check it out a few days. No donuts are worth standing outside in line in December.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Subway was out of lettuce the other night and didn't even offer to discount my sammy. Dick faces.

Speaking of going downhill, sandwich artists there are giant sacks of garbage. Got a BMT a few weeks back and she put ham all across the foot long, then she tightly packed the salami on one half and the pepperoni of the other. I was like, "uh. Can you layer those?" She was like, "uhhhhh sure? I mean if that's how you want it..." Yeah that's how I fucking want it.

Dominoes does have the most delicious pepperoni in the whole entire world.
You missed my post on the last forums about my neapolitan subway club that I got a girl fired over and I don't have the slightest bit remorse.

Threads I should not read: 1. When is the last time you had sex and 2. this one. Now I want sex and good pizza.

(edited because.....missing G )
Pizza is a staple in our household after sex.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Long story semi-short. Had been going to this subway awhile, service was always really good until suddenly it started taking a nose dive. There was this one new girl in particular who was very rude, wouldn't greet us, talked on her cell phone, wouldn't look us in the eye, literally would not utter a word to us, such as "what would you like on your sandwich?" So she had been working there a couple of weeks now when I ordered a subway club. Twice she tried making me the wrong sandwich, after I politely tell her the club doesn't have salami or bologna she gets kind of agitated with me and I say, its right there on the sign, ham, turkey, roast beef. So I figure she can handle it from there and step away. It wasn't until she pulled both the wife and I's sandwich out of the toaster that I see she laid the different meats out on the sandwich all in a row as if it were neapolitan ice cream. Normally I'm not one to say anything, like if I order something plain and its dressed I'll just scrape the shit off because I'm not a child. But as I was standing there looking at it while she was dressing my wife's sandwich it really did not look appetizing in the slightest. So when it came time to dress mine, very calmy and politely I tell her something like, "look, I'm terribly sorry to do this, but that is not how you make the sandwich and it does not look appetizing, may I please get something else instead?" She talks to the other guy on duty and they agree so I order a meatball sub. She puts the meatballs on the bread and with a bit of an attitude says, "Is this meat laid out good enough for you?" Took everything out of me to not say something like, "yes, even you can't manage to screw this one up." So I filed a complaint, told the owner this little girl is lucky because most people would not be as patient as I was, got a free sandwich, girl got fired, and service has been great again ever since; hence why I'm not even upset if I'm responsible for her losing her job, straightened the rest of those fuckers right the fuck out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mures: Please tell me that this was at a Jersey Subway and that it was Capri trying to go legit that you ruined... It would be epic if it was.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Was in NY w/ family, they decided to get hawaiian pizza, I have always gotten my pizza plain, or i will gravitate towards sausage-pepperoni-mushroom-green peppers, in that order if it's around on a table.

Hawaiian is absolutely horrible, the fruit destroys the pizza structure, the juice drains in the pizza, makes it soggy, prevents the bottom from crusting well.

Do not get hawaiian, anywhing.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mures: Please tell me that this was at a Jersey Subway and that it was Capri trying to go legit that you ruined... It would be epic if it was.
Nah, new orleans. In nola, its not atypical to deal with someone of the african american persuasion that you just know loves dealing with white people, hence the not uttering a word to us, not looking us in the eye. You get it a lot in cashiers down here so I make sure to make it a point to announce very loudly to those type, "HI, HOW ARE YOU TODAY?"

We both know Capri isn't putting in an honest day's work that isn't whoring any longer.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Was in NY w/ family, they decided to get hawaiian pizza, I have always gotten my pizza plain, or i will gravitate towards sausage-pepperoni-mushroom-green peppers, in that order if it's around on a table.

Hawaiian is absolutely horrible, the fruit destroys the pizza structure, the juice drains in the pizza, makes it soggy, prevents the bottom from crusting well.

Do not get hawaiian, anywhing.

Most places give you three toppings when customizing a pizza. My three every time are pepperoni, jalapenos, and pineapple. It's the greatest pizza the world has ever known.

• 2Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Finally had pizza...did not want chain pizza, ordered from a local Sicilian restaurant their "Original Godfather" ....it was G's pre sodium restricted favorite. Description: thin in-house made crust, their sauce, mozzarella, bacon, pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, black olives, onions. green peppers and fresh roma tomatoes. It is a huge delicious mess and I will be eating it for days.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Onions ruin a pizza. They aren't cooked long enough so they basically have the same flavor as raw onions, which are fucking awful.