The Fast Food Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, STARTING with White Castle with more car ride to go is definitely an amateur mistake. White Castle is best eaten LATE LATE at night so you are only awake a few hours before you pass out. Those hours are going to be heavy on onion farts and the less of them you're conscious for, the better.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had [to get Wendy's last night at 1:30AM (out so late 2 hours away). It was so goddamn awful but I hadn't eaten in 12 hours so it was food of the gods.

My toilet bowl was punished 10 minutes later.. sorry honey, that smell was me.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
One of the people I supervise just brought me lunch...Bosnian fast food from Berix restaurant. ..S. STL county. Sirnica...."cheese pie".
This will reflect well on her performance appraisal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Had [to get Wendy's last night at 1:30AM (out so late 2 hours away). It was so goddamn awful but I hadn't eaten in 12 hours so it was food of the gods.

My toilet bowl was punished 10 minutes later.. sorry honey, that smell was me.
Bad food at Wendy's? That's weird, my local Wendy's is usually pretty good. I have heard the quality differs from location to location though. Can anyone confirm this suspicion?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Bad food at Wendy's? That's weird, my local Wendy's is usually pretty good. I have heard the quality differs from location to location though. Can anyone confirm this suspicion?
BooThisMan.gif

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My neighborhood taqueria closed a while ago and the new place is still a taqueria but it's run by a Korean dude instead of old Mexicans. Obviously had my doubts. But they have a burrito that uses tater tots instead of rice and damn. This thing is delicious.

trex

Queen Bee
Joeboo and noodleface those are disgusting stories.

Has anyone had the pot pies from KFC? Was going to order one the other night but they were out.

I don't really like KFC but I do love those cheap ass little chicken pot pies from the grocery store. Should I go back and get one or are they meh? I feel like I've never even heard of them before...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Joeboo and noodleface those are disgusting stories.

Has anyone had the pot pies from KFC? Was going to order one the other night but they were out.

I don't really like KFC but I do love those cheap ass little chicken pot pies from the grocery store. Should I go back and get one or are they meh? I feel like I've never even heard of them before...
They are kind of hit or miss. If you get one done well they are certainly better than the grocery store ones (even the big Marie Callendar's or Hungry Man ones) and worth a try, but I've had a couple that were either cooked way too much (maybe they sat there too long before being sold) or not quite enough. Not raw or frozen or anything, but a little too crisp and crunchy, if you get my meaning. I don't really ever order them anymore, I usually just get the 3 chicken strip $5 thing or the mashed potato bowls.

kudos

<Banned>
Chicken, jalapeno, bacon, and pineapple is easily the greatest pizza combination you could ever have. Have them bake it longer than normal and it's just heavenly.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Best pot pie is turkey pot pie. It's one of the few occaisions where I would take turkey over pretty much any meat but I love me a Marie Callendar's Turkey Pot Pie (I just don't read the nutrition information to find out that they are 1100 calories).

• 1Like

trex

Queen Bee
Chicken, jalapeno, bacon, and pineapple is easily the greatest pizza combination you could ever have. Have them bake it longer than normal and it's just heavenly.

Sick.

Best pot pie is turkey pot pie. It's one of the few occaisions where I would take turkey over pretty much any meat but I love me a Marie Callendar's Turkey Pot Pie (I just don't read the nutrition information to find out that they are 1100 calories).

Calories don't bother me as much as the 65gs of fat. It's like 10 bites!

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Saw these chips and decided to try them. They taste like a Chinese buffet smells. My girlfriend hates them but I think they're good enough to eat so as to not waste a bag of chips.

IMG_0826.JPG

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have all 4 of the new contest flavors, and this is the worst batch by far. None are outright bad but none of them are good either

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I heard the tikka masala was good but I can't fucking find them. I eat that once a week for lunch and I'm really intrigued.

kudos

<Banned>
I heard the tikka masala was good but I can't fucking find them. I eat that once a week for lunch and I'm really intrigued.
There is an all you can eat indian buffet near my work I go to weekly. I eat my body weight in naan bread and chicken tikka masala.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wendy's is great.
But I didn't come here for that.
In my endless quest to bring my fast food observations, I present: Dairy Queen.

It's been awhile DQ. Your food has had a special place in my heart since I was a child and the family got stranded for a day while the car was repaired in Griswaldian family trip fashion. You were literally the only "food" place. How could we live on ice cream alone? Oh how naive I and my family were. Not only was the food most excellent, using toast and white gravy instead of fries as a side was novel and quaint. I have forever had a new respect for gravy as a condiment.

Flashforward to 2016.
Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwich, Turkey BLT, medium vanilla shake, and pretzel sticks. 19$?! yes.
The $5 sandwiches performed like $3. The pieces were there. The fancy bread. Romaine lettuce instead of 'berg. It felt healthy, an odd mix with ice cream. But ultimately, bland and failing. I would eat at $1.50. Not $5.
: BLT 3.5/10
: CBR 4.5/10
The pretzels were surprisingly soft and enjoyable texturally, but not tasty per say. The dip was awkward and overly fancy.
: Sticks 3.5/10
The shake was good, but finished before climax. $2 maybe. but not $3.50.
: Shake 5.5/10

Edit: Little Ceasars is confirmed as "poverty pizza" (but ironically more expensive than commercial competitors in my area.)
Dominos is doing good things, but only accepts one coupon per order and the 3, yes, Pizza Huts in my area close on Sundays

Last edited: