The Fast Food Thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The regular chicken at Popeyes is amazing. I don't understand how they fuck up tenders so bad. Their tenders are legit awful.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Not necessarily fast food, but I went to a sports bar last night to catch the Dubs game and ordered some totchos. Basically nachos (cheese, beans, guac, carnitas, jalapenos, onions, cilantro, garlic) but with tater tots instead. A+ substitute. Would eat again. Tater tots were fried to crispy perfection. Place also served bacon wrapped tater tots which sounds interesting. Wanted to gorge on wings since it was 50 cent wing night but they sold out...by like 7:30pm!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The regular chicken at Popeyes is amazing. I don't understand how they fuck up tenders so bad. Their tenders are legit awful.
Popeye's spicy chicken is where its at. fuck that KFC bullshit. you want to get your chicken on, then its Popeye's. even the biscuits and mashed taters are great. i was shopping a few doors away from a Popeye's last week, but the line was so long i decided not to go in. now i regret not waiting for it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You either live by a one-in-a-million Pepeye's or you have the world's lowest standards for tenders.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Popeye's spicy chicken is where its at. fuck that KFC bullshit. you want to get your chicken on, then its Popeye's. even the biscuits and mashed taters are great. i was shopping a few doors away from a Popeye's last week, but the line was so long i decided not to go in. now i regret not waiting for it.

I eat popeyes fried chicken I feel like a god. I eat kfc fried chicken, I need to go to the hospital for a prolapsed anus.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Taco Burrito is just a crunchwrap in a different shape. That being sad, it's not bad. For 1.50 it's pretty good, but it's literally the exact same as a crunchwrap but with fritos instead of hard taco shell inside.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, while no two taco bell items are ever that dissimilar from each other, they were really lacking with the creativity on both the recipe and the name for that one...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried that new taco burrito at Taco Bell, I didn't think it would be good but I ended up liking it tremendously.

I want that steakhouse king burger back AND the Angriest Whopper, fuck you BK for not making atleast one of those permanent.
Same exact feelings. Tried it not expecting much and liked it better than my old stand by 5 layer burrito. Super impressed!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Taco Burrito is just a crunchwrap in a different shape. That being sad, it's not bad. For 1.50 it's pretty good, but it's literally the exact same as a crunchwrap but with fritos instead of hard taco shell inside.

I feel like this can be said about 90% of taco bell items. There's a variety of presentation and texture but not really so much with the ingredients.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
revisited Arby's

Chicken Slider still so good. I recognize the simplicity but they do something to it man! 6/10
3 Cheese is still amazing. every bite was eye rolling slow-chomp good. but I shamefully sped up halfway through - user error and not its fault (Manager said it's phasing out tho!!) 8.75/10

Tried the beef and lamb gyro because friend suggested (despite yalls naysaying, even though I read above where some think recipe has changed)
Beef - the guy cut it perfectly and there was so much meat - cucumber ranch was great - 2/6$! Only need one (with fries and drink) 5.75/10
Lamb - I wasn't expecting actual lamb! well seasoned. For both, and why they aren't in the 6s, the flatbread was hard (but not too hard, more like jaw-strain chewy) and overwhelming. Even if it was fresher/softer, it would be too much. 5.75/10.

Zaxbys
kids tenders - chewy and rough - 3.75/10
Buffalo tender sandwhich - dry and tough. Go for salads at this place and don't strike me down for saying so. I strayed here because I saw the texas toast, but salads come with toast anyway. 4.25/10
Wings and things is what you get at zaxbys, at least imo, because I love having a few wings, but not the whole meal be wings, and they throw the strips in there as well! Their mozzarella bites are bomb as well.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wings and things is what you get at zaxbys, at least imo, because I love having a few wings, but not the whole meal be wings, and they throw the strips in there as well! Their mozzarella bites are bomb as well.
I haven't been lucky with the cheese curds

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of which.. I had a large A&W root beer float today and it was glorious.

a&w is a surprisingly high quality stop. I typically get a papas burger and cheese curds. Burger still has that ma and pa burger joint taste that almost all the other places lost years ago.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
a&w is a surprisingly high quality stop. I typically get a papas burger and cheese curds. Burger still has that ma and pa burger joint taste that almost all the other places lost years ago.

I usually get a couple chili cheese dogs and some onion rings. Burgers aren't bad there either though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I swear the zinger used to be in the US.

Anyway, it's not as good as Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, or even chick fil a.