The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I swear they did as well.

Are we crazy? I've been googling trying to find some evidence that the Zinger was available at US locations before, but all I can find is news stories about how it's making its US debut.

I swear to god I remember eating the zinger back in the day when I'd go to KFC with my mom. I know I ate it overseas, but I distinctly remember eating it many years before that, when I was younger and with my family.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
All this chicken teal just reminds me that the mcdonalds here never got the breakfast chicken biscuit and our Wendy's also don't have breakfast which what they offer online looks good.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Had the $4 chipotle steakburger and fries from Steak and Shake today. It was pretty yummy so 6/10 (I like S&S fries) but I reduce it to 3/10 because I felt like crap within 20 minutes of eating it. The carbs from buns and fries just kill me anymore. Sad sad state.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Hey don't take points from delicious fast food because you can't handle it. That's not the food's fault. If that were the case, Taco Bell would 0/0 every time for every thing on the menu.

Cause it makes you poop a lot or something.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Had the $4 chipotle steakburger and fries from Steak and Shake today. It was pretty yummy so 6/10 (I like S&S fries) but I reduce it to 3/10 because I felt like crap within 20 minutes of eating it. The carbs from buns and fries just kill me anymore. Sad sad state.
Pretty much this. If I over carb or over sodium I feel like I am headed to an ER.
Rules out especially Arby's which sucks as that used to be my favorite place. Steak and Shake is VERY close to me but the sodium there slows me to a turtle speed. Pretty much I am stuck down to single cheeseburgers and no fries when out now. Don't have the issue when I grill meat at home or use carb friendly bread.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That's it! The triple crunch zinger. Not sure how it's different from this "new" zinger, other than being a single patty instead of 3 tenders.

The Triple Zinger was chicken strips with Zinger sauce. This new one is just a spicy chicken sandwich, similar to Wendy's. Where all the flavor is supposed to be in the chicken itself.

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hey don't take points from delicious fast food because you can't handle it. That's not the food's fault. If that were the case, Taco Bell would 0/0 every time for every thing on the menu.

Cause it makes you poop a lot or something.

Ever since I had my gallbladder taken out Moolattes from DQ wreck my stomach but i still love them, so i somewhat agree don't knock them for your own bodily problems...

BUT at Applebee's one night i didn't even finish my plate before it hit me AND i checked all 3 stalls, there was no TP.

So while the food may be delicious somewhere I feel like to some degree it can still play a factor in rating. It was a sizzler platter which tends to be greasy but I've had similar dishes else where and not had the same reaction.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Well bitches I just went balls deep into a baby back rib burger from carls jr. Let me preface with a couple things before I get started:

The carls jr by me is a high performing one, like their customer service, speed and quality is always on point. Shit looks like the commercials.

The last few years I've gone to carls jr less and less due to enjoying the competition more, and their meat quality going weird on me. I do enjoy getting their promo burgers to try out though.

So shit was good, and I'm typically not a fan of BBQ style burgers.

Pro's:
It wasn't nearly as messy as excepted, although i wouldn't try to eat it in a car
The rib meat tasted legit and was very pronounced in every bite I got some in. It worked really well with the burger.
My burger had lots of pickles (five I think) so I got some in every bite.
The fried onions were there but not overpowering

Con's:
BBQ sauce was slightly sweat for me but this is personal preference, also maybe a touch too much.
The rib size is small, probably half the size of the burger. They don't really try to hide this fact in advertising though
I'm not a fan of their buns. I think they missed an opportunity to use a heartier / thicker white bread style bun here, to go with the smoked pork theme

So comparatively to other carls jr promo burgers i'd give an 8/10. I'd recommend at least giving it a try.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fellow Dallas bros, if you haven't had the Korean style chicken wings at Infretta I highly recommend them. They are so gd crispy!

When I die I want to be buried in a coffin filled with Infretta wings.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm jealous of you guys, you get all these cool eateries i never heard of or seen near me and i live in the NYC metro area.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
i'm jealous of you guys, you get all these cool eateries i never heard of or seen near me and i live in the NYC metro area.

Surely there are all kinds of hole in the wall joints and food trucks in that area!? I've never been to NYC so I don't know what to expect.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Going to be in Richmand VA for 2 weeks for work. Suggestions? Was there still a meetup? Is that far from people? I'll buy drinks and food to entice! haha

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
BBQ sauce was slightly sweat for me

g1JCiqc.jpg

• 1Solidarity