The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Smoked Pork Belly sandwich is back at Arby's. Already had one, just as good as I remember.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well bitches I just went balls deep into a baby back rib burger from carls jr. Let me preface with a couple things before I get started:

The carls jr by me is a high performing one, like their customer service, speed and quality is always on point. Shit looks like the commercials.

The last few years I've gone to carls jr less and less due to enjoying the competition more, and their meat quality going weird on me. I do enjoy getting their promo burgers to try out though.

So shit was good, and I'm typically not a fan of BBQ style burgers.

Pro's:
It wasn't nearly as messy as excepted, although i wouldn't try to eat it in a car
The rib meat tasted legit and was very pronounced in every bite I got some in. It worked really well with the burger.
My burger had lots of pickles (five I think) so I got some in every bite.
The fried onions were there but not overpowering

Con's:
BBQ sauce was slightly sweat for me but this is personal preference, also maybe a touch too much.
The rib size is small, probably half the size of the burger. They don't really try to hide this fact in advertising though
I'm not a fan of their buns. I think they missed an opportunity to use a heartier / thicker white bread style bun here, to go with the smoked pork theme

So comparatively to other carls jr promo burgers i'd give an 8/10. I'd recommend at least giving it a try.
Good review.
Like every place rolled out some awesome prospects

Hardee's: Rib Burger
BK: Steakhouse Burger
McDs: Sweet BBQ Crispy Chicken (and two other other ones)

I had the McDonald's Crispy Sweet BBQ Chicken (sesame bun option) - It was costly. So much so that I'm not sure I would get it again without a coupon or incentive. However. It was on point solid. The crispy crunchies worked very well. The sauteed onions were just so. The sauce was sweet and worked very well with the chicken. 6.5/10

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Hey don't take points from delicious fast food because you can't handle it. That's not the food's fault. If that were the case, Taco Bell would 0/0 every time for every thing on the menu.

Cause it makes you poop a lot or something.

I learned yesterday that when you eat 60 mcnuggets in one day, I a) drink a lot (3L of water and still going) and b) you have a headache the next day.

On the plus side, the new Wasabi Mayo and Teriyaki Mayo sauces are delicious.
nuggetz_slider_03.png

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I had the new KFC zinger sammich as a $5 combo. Sandwich was solid but not spectacular. Rest of it was shit though. Chicken- 7/10, rest 3/10.

Kiroy Kiroy , you have me tempted but just not sure of the rib, burger combo. My Hardees is a shithole as well. Fucked up that $2.49 classic promo pretty bad.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I had the new KFC zinger sammich as a $5 combo. Sandwich was solid but not spectacular. Rest of it was shit though. Chicken- 7/10, rest 3/10.

Kiroy Kiroy , you have me tempted but just not sure of the rib, burger combo. My Hardees is a shithole as well. Fucked up that $2.49 classic promo pretty bad.

If your hardies / carls is a shithole I'd pass on princible. I was very dubious of the rib burger combo but it actually worked pretty good.

• 1Like

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Smoked Pork Belly sandwich is back at Arby's. Already had one, just as good as I remember.

Nice! I only found out about that a little bit before they took it off the menu last time. I have a feeling I'm gonna be eating at Arby's a lot more often until it goes away again.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Signature Crafted Recipes | McDonald's

Good lord McDonald's, will you NEVER learn? The critical missing element of your existing business model is not 'signature/deluxe/artisinal' burgers!

Just make sure every franchisee sells only consistently hot fries and basic burgers with beef that isn't grade C-but-edible.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

Good lord McDonald's, will you NEVER learn? The critical missing element of your existing business model is not 'signature/deluxe/artisinal' burgers!

Just make sure every franchisee sells only consistently hot fries and basic burgers with beef that isn't grade C-but-edible.
I would rather just have a sandwich instead being asked what bread, etc, but the Sweet BBQ Crispy Chicken is good enough to make it difficult driving past McDonald's

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

McDonald's can't decide what they want to be. They keep going through cycles of trying to be upscale fast food with artisan sandwiches at higher prices, and basic burgers and fries for cheap. I remember several years ago they went through a period of removing items from their menu in an effort to simplify, only to later start introducing more artisan shit. I agree that they need to embrace the status as the cheap go-to fast food for simple burgers and fries. Leave the fancy artisan shit to other places.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They been panicking a while now. Other than less people eating there, i suspect margins have shrink on the cheap shit even with some of the price hikes.

Wife wanted a blizzard as a penalty for ignoring her or some contrived shit.... Holy fuck more expensive than last time i was there.

4$ for a tiny, 5$ for small blizzard wtf. I tried the 2.50$ pretzel sticks. Cheap microwave shit looked like a big hot dog. For what it is overpriced and i was ashamed to like it. Cheese sauce a bit too heavy on the kinda spunky beer cheese side so i ate it mostly plain.

Hate being on a diet, having a hard time to find times to justify getting out for the kfc zinger and the rib sandwich.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It wasn't more than a couple weeks ago we were reminiscing over burgers (since it got stupid hot here in New England for this time of the year) and brought up the DeLuxe line of craptacular burgers. We were talking about how McDs was pushing towards fresh meat for their quarter pounders and that it seemed they were past the attempt to be a freaking bistro... seems that was premature!

I played on Xbox with a guy who worked at McD's corporate in Chicago and he would tell interesting stories of how their management actually believes that franchisees follow the rules like fries and burger patties have to be tossed after sitting for longer than a few minutes and that all the machines are broken apart and cleaned before closing each day or during the 2AM-4AM lull for 24 hour joints.

I grew up in the midwest and while living in Ames IA for grad school in the mid 90s the McDs burgers were out-of-this-world good. The beef was all sourced locally and was incredibly well prepared. I suspect their supply chain is very inconsistent and/or they changed some practices in a huge way in an effort to cut costs and ended up with a lifeless piece of flesh-shaped garbage.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I used to go to McDonald's for goddamn $1 mcdoubles, not asiago fart encrusted bleu snot dipped 100% grass and de-turded no growth hormone gently petted everyday cow beef burgers.

Just accept it my dudes. Stop with this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Surely there are all kinds of hole in the wall joints and food trucks in that area!? I've never been to NYC so I don't know what to expect.
oh sure, there are hundreds of mom and pop and street vendor places in the area. thousands likely. but they dont run a million ads a day on TV with some uber looking piece of food everyone talks about and i have no access to.
i will never see a Five Guys in my neck of the woods or a Cracker Barrel.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I watched that movie The Founder, you look at the food they were turning out back then and it looks amazing. Compare one of those burgers to the thing they pretend are burgers now, it's just sad.

I can get down with some breakfast or chicken nuggets, but McDonalds burgers are pure shit tier and making fancypants burgers doesn't solve the problem. Make your regular burgers good first and then try and tackle fancy shit.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only time in my adult life that I've ever been happy to eat McDonalds is when they had the 29 cent hamburgers and 39 cent cheeseburgers special. There'd be like 10 of us in the shop that I was working in at the time and we'd send one person to McD's to pick up $100 worth of cheeseburgers or something fucking silly like that.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
McDonald's was god tier in the early 90's when you could get 2 big macs for 2 bucks.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeap, lasted until at least 2000 or 2001. I was in high school and sometimes got 4... in one sitting..... God I miss my metabolism. (Was 6ft1 and couldnt gain anything over 150lbs)

• 1Solidarity