The Fast Food Thread

Oldbased

> Than U
Had the new grilled trout at Captain D's. Not bad not bad. Not as good as how I used to have trout which was to catch it out of a stream and be cooking it over a fire a hour later but it was tolerable. Still think the salmon with grilled shrimp is best there.

kudos

<Banned>
Fast food BBQ never seems good. It's always just over-sauced low quality meat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I love Shake Shack. As an occasional treat to myself, sure, I can splurge 28 bucks for a burger, fries, and a shake for me.

I've never been to shake shack but is this really the price? And I thought five guys was a rip off, jesus.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah that's ridiculous. Even nice restaurants around here won't cost that much for a burger, fries, and shake.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had the rib Thickburger from Hardee's (still sitting in booth as I write this.)
It was good, but expensive over $7 for just a sandwich is no bueno
Fries (I get free combos - there aren't fries on Burger) are like a crispier version of shitty public school fries

The bun was a sweet compliment to the sauce. It was overall good, but I came hungry and ate it fast. I could easily do two.
Just get the 3cheese from Arby's
5.25/10

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm withdrawing my support from the rib burger I think.

First one was pretty good being a standard single. Rib was small but seemed to flavor whole burger and was still 30-40% of the burger.

Today I did the 1/3 thickburger version........ same size rib thing if not smaller. And on the thick fattass burger it's I bet not even 25% of the surface area. It's like a fucking gherkin sized nugget. If I could I'd just get a "$6" burger and have them make it as the rib burger without the $1.50 markup gherkin nugget.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fast food BBQ never seems good. It's always just over-sauced low quality meat.

This is why my mind is so blown by the Arby's Pork Belly sandwich. It's one actual piece of 100% real pork. It's not huge, probably only weighs a few ounces at most. But it's not "mechanically separated" or whatever the fuck they call the way they process things like the McRib.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I assume they are a regional product found exclusively in the Pacific Northwest.
Hey, don't taint all of the Northwest because of one bad apple. I'm in the Seattle area and never once have I seen vegan hot pockets!

• 1Solidarity

kudos

<Banned>
vqjffx6ap3wy.png

• 7Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently McD's is getting rid of the Hi-C Lavaburst Orange. I still get that every now and then, it's a huge throwback to childhood. :(

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users