The Fast Food Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
Had the Hardee's baby back rib burger. Pretty good. I'm 90% sure they bought the same BBQ sauce as the McRib. So it's literally a McRib on top of a burger, with McRib fixins below the burger. Still pretty good.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
When you go through the drive thru as a group and order they don't label shit and you're left guessing between mushy concoctions that look the exact same.

They label them. The four corners of the wrapper each have an item name on them, and the first corner you unwrap will have the name of the item inside. The Taco Bell I used to work at was great about doing that.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just used prime now to bring me Fritos and bean dip.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The gold goose is finding a Kentaco Hut. I don't see them that frequently nowadays, but they are amazing.

The only Kentaco Hut I've ever seen was on Coronado Island almost 20 years ago. I remember going there pretty often, but not as often as Del Taco which was literally right on the other side of the parking lot from the barracks I lived in. I think the McDonalds I mentioned getting the massive discount burgers at was the only fast food place with a drive-through on the whole Island too. Something about city ordinances trying to keep an "upscale" appearance despite the fact that there were more sailors on the Island than civilians.

My favorite meal on Coronado was a meatloaf sandwich from the generic pizza place/pool hall on the opposite side of the parking lot from the Del Taco. That sandwich was something like 5 inches wide and 10 inches long, with an inch thick layer of meatloaf smothered in marinara. I just looked the place up on Google maps and the name is literally Pizza Parlor.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had the Hardee's baby back rib burger. Pretty good. I'm 90% sure they bought the same BBQ sauce as the McRib. So it's literally a McRib on top of a burger, with McRib fixins below the burger. Still pretty good.

Tried it once and my first impression was that there's probably something in the bible that says that putting two different animals on one sandwich is an abomination unto god. Neither of the two Hardee's in this town have ever let me down on the quality of the burgers.

But it's not as good as the Pork Belly sandwich at Arby's, that meat just melts in your mouth. It's pretty amazing that they can deliver something like that at a fast food place at all. It tastes like they're losing money on it, and that's fine by me.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh shit
I forgot, the other day at the store they had the Duke's sausage stick jerky with hatch green chiles. I took them home, skeptical but I am a jerky fan so I figure it is worth a shot.

Best commercially produced jerky I've ever had, hands down. So good. I fully plan to find a way to integrate chiles into my own homemade jerky, since this store is a piece of shit and I can't count on them to maintain a product.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The local walmart ran out of them and haven't gotten any more in :(. Haven't found them anywhere else either. Several places have the original and spicy ones locally, but no green chile.

kudos

<Banned>
Is Shake Shack actually better than In-n-Out? Coworkers are telling me and I find it hard to believe. The price difference alone makes me question.

kudos

<Banned>
I can get a double cheeseburger with fresh lettuce, fresh tomato, grilled onions, and special sauce + fries + drink for like $5.80 or something at In-n-Out. You cannot beat the place when it comes to burger fast food.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The worst thing about Shake Shack is their milkshakes suck. Seriously, Chick-fil-a's milkshakes blow them away. I'd put them about on par with McDonald's. If you're going to have "shake" in your name, you need to be damn sure your milkshakes are amazing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I love Shake Shack, but we also don't have In & Out here to really compare. When I lived in Cali, I loved In & Out. The burgers at Shake Shack are awesome, but messy. The fries are good. Personally, I like the shakes, but not because they are omg best shakes EVAR or something, they just have a variety and I like the peanut butter which you don't typically see.

That said, it's way too expensive. If I were to take my entire family it would cost more than 100 bucks, close to 150. For fucking burgers. That shit is straight up criminal. As an occasional treat to myself, sure, I can splurge 28 bucks for a burger, fries, and a shake for me. But fuck taking the family.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've only experienced the Shake Shack in Cambridge, but both times I have been there the burgers were uninspiring and the fries were a crime against potatoes. The second time we got shakes and they were small, expensive, and bad. My go to place for 'good' burgers is therefore 5-Guys although that is certainly not the sort of food you can have very often!

When I lived in Minneapolis I used to frequent a place called "Annie's Parlour" in Dinkytown (the campus area of the U of MN) whose amazing shakes and to-die-for smokey cheddar cheeseburgers haunt me to this day.

kudos

<Banned>
I've only experienced the Shake Shack in Cambridge, but both times I have been there the burgers were uninspiring and the fries were a crime against potatoes. The second time we got shakes and they were small, expensive, and bad. My go to place for 'good' burgers is therefore 5-Guys although that is certainly not the sort of food you can have very often!

When I lived in Minneapolis I used to frequent a place called "Annie's Parlour" in Dinkytown (the campus area of the U of MN) whose amazing shakes and to-die-for smokey cheddar cheeseburgers haunt me to this day.

5 Guys to me just tastes like a Wendy's burger with higher quality produce.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The worst thing about Shake Shack is their milkshakes suck. Seriously, Chick-fil-a's milkshakes blow them away. I'd put them about on par with McDonald's. If you're going to have "shake" in your name, you need to be damn sure your milkshakes are amazing.

The best thing I've ever put in my mouth was a caramel pretzel shake from Shake Shack here in Japan but Japanese fast food is on a whole other level

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I bet all that bukkake jizz they mixed in added a lot to the saltiness.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kudos

<Banned>
1268.jpg

• 1Like