The Fast Food Thread

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
As an obvious connoisseur, you ever try Justin's peanut butter cups? Higher quality ingredients if you're tired of slumming it with Hershey's frankenstein chocolate. I love em.

View attachment 3514

Dark chocolate: my favorite chocolate

Peanut butter: my favorite state of peanut

Dark chocolate + peanut butter: blasphemous

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dark chocolate is to be eaten on it's own

you don't change what's right - and Reese's got it right. I tried those Butterfinger Peanut Butter cups and they were atrocious

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Ruby Tuesday is too proud of that thing. 5 Bucks and I get the freshest toppings in the area.

Yeah but Pizza Hut only does their lunch buffet for like an hour in the middle of the day (at least around here). Who has time to do a salad bar--or any kind of buffet--in the middle of the day? You don't have enough time to go for seconds and thirds, which defeats the purpose.

Ruby Tuesday you can take advantage of their salad bar any time and spend as much time as you want enjoying it. I'm always kind of annoyed at Ruby Tuesday cause they bring out my burger way too fast, and I only usually have time to get 1 salad before my burger is on my table.

*Edit* I will say that I love pizza buffets that are permanent, such as Cici's. They usually have serviceable salad bars too, although getting salad at a pizza buffet kind of defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
you know, McCheese, in Europe they eat their salad AFTER their main course.

there are several reasons this seems preferable:

• if you don't load up before the main course hits the table, you will make sure that your stomach won't be too full to finish the whole main dish. then you are free to fill up on as much salad as you desire, without fear of spoiling the main course. (hah, almost forgot who i'm talking to, i've heard legends that your stomach is bottomless, i suppose this point is not as relevant to a champion eater like yourself)
  • with no salad first, you will be ready to eat your main dish as soon as it hits your table, ensuring that you can enjoy it before it cools off from optimal heat level.
  • eating your greens after the heavy portion of the meal rather than before is thought to help your digestive system flow properly.
  • salad is a good palate cleanser, allowing maximum enjoyment of dessert.
you should feel no shame in returning to the salad bar after you get your burger. in fact, perhaps it would be best to embrace both sides of your cultural heritage, and enjoy a salad both before AND after the main course! the possibilities are endless.

• 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
Well after seeing that meatball sub advertisement yesterday from Arby's I had to go investigate for myself. It was pretty good, albeit the meatballs were COLD so I had to microwave it right when I got home. I think subway has it beat still. Probably wouldn't order it again. I mean...the once per year that I actually go to Arby's, I might as well just get a roast beef sandwich.

McCheese

The brown sugar bacon sandwiches at Arby's are heads and shoulders above ANY other fast food sandwich currently out there. Seriously, if you haven't tried them you need to go try one immediately. There's no reason to order anything than one of them if you go to Arby's.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
salad after a meal feels so fucking satisfying tbph, don't knock it til you've tried it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The brown sugar bacon sandwiches at Arby's are heads and shoulders above ANY other fast food sandwich currently out there. Seriously, if you haven't tried them you need to go try one immediately. There's no reason to order anything than one of them if you go to Arby's.
I had the brown sugar BLT and it sucked, all the bacon was chopped up in tiny pieces and falling off the sandwich.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
ugh

If you found one imagine the millions you can't see, plus he was walking all over that spreading his literal shit
One of the worst things ever is doing service work at various restaurants, especially the ones you like eating at. Mom and Pop places were usually the worst, in my experience. I've had several places I worked in (as an outside contractor) that afterwards I couldn't eat at afterwards, and even just ordering a drink felt risky.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
One of the worst things ever is doing service work at various restaurants, especially the ones you like eating at. Mom and Pop places were usually the worst, in my experience. I've had several places I worked in (as an outside contractor) that afterwards I couldn't eat at afterwards, and even just ordering a drink felt risky.
story time!

• 1Like

trex

Queen Bee
Went to Olive Garden tonight. Did the buy one take one with fettuccini Alfredo. A cool deal because I can rarely eat my whole meal after I stuff my face with the "free" stuff.

Alfredo rarely reheats in the microwave so I'm excited to see what happens.

Also tried the new muscles. Tons of tomato sauce and garlic cloves. Prob tons of heartburn later.

Tried the chicken and gnocchi soup everyone raves about. Was not impressed.

McCheese

Everywhere is dirty and everyone has eaten all manner of insect, bodily fluid, and filth. Hardly anyone washes their hands and no one preparing food commercially gives a shit about anything other than getting paid and doing as little work as possible.

Who cares. It likely won't kill you (after all, it hasn't killed you yet), so just ignore it and keep enjoying eating out.

*Edit* Just to give a few examples based on things I've witnessed personally: that delicious salad at Olive Garden everyone loves? Your croutons came out of a big bin that servers have been reaching their (likely unwashed) hands into all day to snack on croutons. Ditto for your breadsticks. The Zuppa e Toscana soup? The kale leaves were torn into pieces by hand by a hispanic dude who was wiping and touching his face and also likely rarely washes his hands.

Don't even get started on the literaly sweat that drops from the poor line cooks onto the food they're preparing, or how bare-handed servers and cooks will adjust pieces of chicken parm on the plates to make them look nicer.

• 1Solidarity

trex

Queen Bee
^ confirmed.

I sleep soundly knowing everything I eat gets a nice hot acid wash before being absorbed into my bloodstream. NBD.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
story time!
just a little bit:
  • Installing new lights in strip-plaza Chinese place; got ladder and climbed up through acoustic tile cieling. I grab flashlight and see a carpet of dead roaches in all directions.
  • I saw one place where the ice machine had a lot of slimy black mold. Just tons of it. No excuse. Other places don't clean their soft-drink nozzles, so the plastic nozzles will be covered with that mold that you usually don't see.
  • Fetid standing water that never drains away. A stench of old tires combined with sewage because their solution often seems to be "just put the black rubber mats down" instead of addressing the issue of "WHY DO WE CONSTANTLY HAVE AN INCH OF WATER THAT NEVER DRAINS?!?"
  • Poor employee hygiene is probably super common. Seeing someone digging in their asscrack then pulling their hand out of their pants and going right back to handling food. People want a $15/hr minimum wage but the dude who is picking his scabs and eating them isn't going to suddenly clean up his act because he's making $15.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The best salad bars ever are at Brazilian steakhouses. But you're a fool if you partake in the salad bar.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone else get annoyed when you're placing your order at a fast food place and they say "OK THAT'll BE $7.35" without even asking if you're done.

Fuck bitch, do I look like a Obama-son that is satisfied by eating a chicken fry meal? BITCH THAT'S AN APPETIZER

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
just a little bit:
  • Installing new lights in strip-plaza Chinese place; got ladder and climbed up through acoustic tile cieling. I grab flashlight and see a carpet of dead roaches in all directions.
  • I saw one place where the ice machine had a lot of slimy black mold. Just tons of it. No excuse. Other places don't clean their soft-drink nozzles, so the plastic nozzles will be covered with that mold that you usually don't see.
  • Fetid standing water that never drains away. A stench of old tires combined with sewage because their solution often seems to be "just put the black rubber mats down" instead of addressing the issue of "WHY DO WE CONSTANTLY HAVE AN INCH OF WATER THAT NEVER DRAINS?!?"
  • Poor employee hygiene is probably super common. Seeing someone digging in their asscrack then pulling their hand out of their pants and going right back to handling food. People want a $15/hr minimum wage but the dude who is picking his scabs and eating them isn't going to suddenly clean up his act because he's making $15.

Say what you will about the big chain fast food joints, but as someone who worked a few years at McDs I can at least confidently say I didn't see hardly any of this kind of stuff the whole time I was there. Everything is cleaned regularly, the oil is filtered every night and if there's an actual maintenance issue it gets addressed. Big companies don't fuck around with that kind of stuff. I'm not saying the 15 year olds flipping the burgers were the model of standards and cleanliness all the time, but the stuff I saw was really minor. If you're not ok with workers handling your food with their hands you're not OK with eating out, period.