The Fast Food Thread

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Subway is also one of the very few options around one of my offices. I tried the Chicken Pizziola Melt and regretted it immediately as well. That thing sucked. I'm sticking to my tried and true Spicy Italian from now on.
Be careful with that Spicy Italian, that thing is worse than entire fast food cheese burger meals. 12 inch has like 1,000 calories and even transfat. I used to eat the Spicy Italian every day almost in college and I gained 10lbs, was wondering wtf, since Subway is preached as healthy, haha, not that sandwich, that thing is a nightmare for your health.

Turkey breast, pepper jack, every vegetable, and one pass of honey mustard is the best subway has to offer.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
One of the things I miss about California is a Togo's hot pastrami sandwich. Subway has one sometimes and it's so pathetic by comparison that I won't even order it. I love a good hot pastrami and I'm pretty sure I've never eaten one in Montana.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I eat Subway about once a month so I'm not too worried about that. Most of my work lunches are leftover home-cooked meals.

I've never been to Togo's. There is one in manageable lunch time distance from the office. How does it hold up compared to Potbelly? The hot peppers you can get on a sandwich at Potbelly are $$$.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Subway used to have some really great sandwiches til Jared came along and they haven't had a dollar from me since. I really miss the Horseradish Dijon Melt.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The bad part is that subway only has like 2 or 3 subs that are $5 anymore.
I was pretty disappointed when they changed the $5 footlong deal. When I was working on different jobsites a lot of the time Subway would be the closest thing that wasn't super greasy. After a while pretty much everyone I worked with went from going to Subway once or twice a week in some areas, to almost never.

I've come to absolutely loathe Subway. I'd rather pay a couple extra bucks for Jimmy Johns, Potbelly, Jersey Mike's, or anything really.
Sandwiches (sub and deli) are one of the items I have a hard time liking in the fast food world. Same with Quiznos/Schlotzskys etc. Either its poor quality, overpriced, or both. At least with someplace like Quiznos it's decent, but I'd prefer something decent like Subway had with the $5 dollar footlong deals (when they had good options). Local places like Planet Sub/Yellow Sub I'll hit up long before the chains if I can help it, and I think I was ruined on subs and pizza having lived in Buffalo. Almost every pizza place has pizzaandwingsandsubs, and the pure sandwich places like Jim's Steakout just made chains worthless (even though Jim's is a local chain but whatever). I imagine a lot of places are like that, so it amazes me how widespread some of these places are.

And yeah, Subway's "hot subs" are an abomination. Some of their cold subs are edible, but I think they felt like they had to add hot options because of competition that put out better subs and had actually good hot sandwiches. I guess with their business model and how their stores are designed, it would be difficult (but not impossible) to put some sort of actual grill in their stores. But microwaves, I mean wtf - who at Subway thought that was a good idea? I'd eat Quiktrip taquitos or microwaved Bomb Burritos before I'd eat a hot Subway sub.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I really wish I had some hole in the wall sub/sandwich shops near me, unfortunately all I have is Quizno's, Subway, Schlotzsky's nearby.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I quite enjoy Subway, but I've never had any of their "fancy" subs, i.e anything more than glorified lunch meat and veggies. Generally, if I'm eating at Subway it's because I want something lighter on calories that will still fill me up, and their foot long turkey breast and/or ham subs do that really well. I'm not sure I'd ever go there and order a hot sub.

For hot subs I really like Jerry's Subs and Pizza. It's kind of pricey but they've got some damn tasty subs.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I eat Subway about once a month so I'm not too worried about that. Most of my work lunches are leftover home-cooked meals.

I've never been to Togo's. There is one in manageable lunch time distance from the office. How does it hold up compared to Potbelly? The hot peppers you can get on a sandwich at Potbelly are $$$.
I haven't been to Potbelly. I don't speak for anything at Togo's except the hot pastrami, but those are great. Large #9 please.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Potbelly (Thank you for not calling it Potbellys...ugh) is pretty good, I get the wreck when I go there, pretty good stuff.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have been going to Togo's for over 20 years, and they are far and away better than Subway, but that's not saying much. I have never heard of Potbelly so I'm assuming there isn't one here (Sacramento), which doesn't give me much to compare between the two, but I would put Togo's as about the best "fast food" sandwich you can get. To be clear, I don't count delis as really the same thing (Mr. Pickles is popular around here, not sure if you'd have heard of it), even though it is very similar. Hard to explain, but just like I wouldn't ever consider Subway as the same as a deli even though they all just put shit on bread for you. So if Potbelly is what I would consider a deli, Togo's probably isn't any better, but it is far and away better than Subway.

If you happen to have a Beach House Deli around, those are the fucking bomb. They always loaded the sandwich up so high that you knew you were going to take half of it home before you even started. And the one near where I used to live only hired hot high school girls. Probably a good thing I don't live near that one anymore, I'd be broke from buying sandwiches 3 times a day.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The best thing about Penn Station are the fries and lemonade. The sandwiches are also damn good, but you feel like shit after eating them. They drench their bread in butter before toasting it. It's delicious going down but you feel very lethargic afterwards.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
More of a local NOVA thing, but there is a relatively new place in Springfield calledSandwich Republicwhich is pretty fucking awesome. Their bread is goddamn amazing. I don't go in for Subway anymore, shit is too expensive for the subpar product you get. Plus I had no idea until recently that the spicy italian was like 1k calories, jesus christ.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Subway has sucked every since those dirty fucking Indian's started saving all their rupee's and buying franchises. Those pieces of shit can go die in the ganges

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
More of a local NOVA thing, but there is a relatively new place in Springfield calledSandwich Republicwhich is pretty fucking awesome. Their bread is goddamn amazing. I don't go in for Subway anymore, shit is too expensive for the subpar product you get. Plus I had no idea until recently that the spicy italian was like 1k calories, jesus christ.
YES! YES! YES!

The Tandori and Short Ribs are my favs.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
I will still try a Subway maybe once every few months but I still only go to the locations I know are clean. Those places get run down so fast and become dirty little cesspits, disgusting.

wizarddeath_sl

shitlord
Just moved to TX, and experienced Potbellys and its awesome!

What do you guys normally get? I get a Italian, and then a cookie i ask them to heat up lol

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I usually get the Italian with everything (extra hot peppers) and an oreo shake. I don't like their chips.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
the peppers are the primary reason Potbelly is so good. I don't know what they do to those things, but they're absolutely delicious.