The Fast Food Thread

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Cracklings are tied to my childhood...butchering hogs and rendering...my cousins and I would ask for handsful of cracklings from our aunts and uncles who were tending the huge cast iron kettles where the pig fat was being heated to create leaf lard. We would run, cracklings in hand through the woods as we played...sharing our bounty.
Pork rinds are definitely not cracklings, but they do remind me...sigh.

Childhood nostalgia and food are a motherfucker.

Anytime I have fried okra that comes close to my Grandma's recipe it takes me back to much simpler times, that and the smell of breakfast as dawn breaks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
In the rare time I get to have dinner with my grandparents (they live in Florida), the smells always bring me back to my childhood. Homemade cornbread and amazing green beans. She could always make some kickass green beans.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Target had all their Easter candy 75% off (they had a shit ton left) and decided I’d get this since I hadn’t had it before. I had thought that they couldn’t improve on the Reese’s egg, but I was wrong. So good

4A46ABB6-7CE3-48AF-9C13-2907E75A6FFE.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Had these today and they were super legit. Bag was almost all real pork rinds, too, not a bunch of burnt ends or pieces that taste off.

920729.jpg

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
There is definitely a taste and texture difference between lasagnas made with cottage cheese vs. ricotta. My extended family does lasagnas on Christmas Eve every year, and for as long as I can remember we've always had 4 lasagnas: 2 made by my redneck aunt with cottage cheese, and 2 made by my mom with ricotta. You could do a blind taste test and easily tell them apart. The cottage cheese one is way moister (in a bad way..like, slippery) and has a distinct taste.

• 2Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Edit: Wrong thread.
Have some cheese filling instead.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They built a LOVES here, based on this thread went in hoping for some oddball hot chips and other items that have been listed here.... Nope, I'm still in western boringsville. Also overpriced as fuck on most things.