The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So I ordered Little Caesars. They drop it off at the door, I get a text, and I open the door and see there's another box outside my door too. I guess I didn't hear the USPS guy knock (if they knocked)

Turns out it's a box from Ship Kansas City BBQ Nationwide | Jack Stack BBQ

Now I know why they were verifying everyone's mailing addresses at work a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure it's great for the folks at our other branches in other states, but I'm in KC and if I wanted Jack Stack, I'd just get in my car and drive somewhere. So It's kind of weird to get frozen BBQ in the mail from a place in the town where I live.

I also froze some fingertips grabbing bags of dry ice with my bare hands because I didn't stop to think that it would be bags of dry ice. :/
Feel free to send it to my house. I used to love going to Jack Stack when I went to KC for work.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Safeway/Albertdsons and King Soopers both have pretty decent house brand frozen pizzas. Haven't had the walmart ones in a long while, but they used to be decent as well.
We used to get Digorno or similar all the time for the kids as it was a quick lunch or dinner, but then we switched to Walmart brand, because for $2-3 more, the shit was at least double the size and toppings. We'd freeze them, and figured out the best temp/time to cook them up from frozen as the instructions that are on the box are from thawed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Take n Bake from Walmart/Meijer/Aldi's/Whatever you've got is actually really, really good now. Usually big as fuck, lots of toppings, cooks evenly, and has more than a few specialty varieties. The philly steak pizza from Walmart was pretty great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Must be nice. My grocery store charges $10-$12 for a take and bake and it's just a simple pizza. You can walk a few aisles over and get a decent frozen one for literally half the price.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Take n Bake from Walmart/Meijer/Aldi's/Whatever you've got is actually really, really good now. Usually big as fuck, lots of toppings, cooks evenly, and has more than a few specialty varieties. The philly steak pizza from Walmart was pretty great.
Walmart has an egg and sausage pizza with biscuit crust that is pretty good.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
What store!? Lady Gravy always teasing!
I tease, I tease...
Schnuck's. It is not their brand, just one of many good frozen pizza brands they carry. 6 bucks is amazing.
The Pep's are really, really good. Baked properly, we have been able to get the crust crispy and the cheese golden. Seriously good and so inexpensive.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm Metooing one of these while I level my Ogre.

1607952796488.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
sadly my McDonalds does not sell this, so not sure if its cost effective.
121283500_3459378487456298_1692075187943165747_n.jpg
The first one is a $18.99 at my McDonald's. I haven't seen the second one, but I think it's probably the same price. Let me see if I can figure out a breakdown using my advanced McD's skill:

Big Mac: 2 for $5 (or otherwise something like $4 each, but I think they still have the 2 for 5 or the $4 item + same item for $1 deal)
Medium Fries: $2-3 x 2 = $4-6
20 Piece: Around $5-6

So the first meal would be somewhere between 14 to 17 dollars before tax. So it does not seem to be cost effective. I could have SWORN it also came with a medium drink though.

The second meal is

McChicken: $1 each x 4 = $4
Medium fries $2-3 x 4 = $8-12
20 Pc $5-6

So somewhere between 17 to 22 dollars for the second bundle. Definitely seems the be the better deal, mostly because of the fries. I think the first meal is going to be much more filling if they're the same price.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users