The Fast Food Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much.

It reminds me a LOT of the delicious, old-school Pizza Hut pizza from like 30yrs ago.

Someone from Detroit might say there's a difference between it and your standard deep-dish pizza, though. I'm not sure.

View attachment 322484
Yea, looks like pan, which is my favorite style of pizza, so I'm ok with whatever they want to call it. :) Just had never heard Detroit style before.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My grocery store does a salted caramel hot chocolate with its store brand, and it's fucking amazing. There's a sort of bite/aftertaste to it that is similar to if you let some caramel melt in your mouth.

View attachment 322480

Both of those sound amazing and of course not on Amazon.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I like both NY and Chicago pizza...but if I had to pick a favorite style of pizza, it would be Detroit style

View attachment 322483

Perfect detroit pizza is an awesome mix of crunch and chew with that crispy edge. Cici's pizza uses detroit pans for their deep dish. Every now and then I order one and ask them to oil up the pan a little extra and put it through 1 1/2 times. Impossible to find the real deal around here, but that comes close enough that it hits the craving for me.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pages and pages ago there was a conversation about Hot Sauces, there was a Hot Ones recommended but I think it was some original version that was discontinued a couple years ago? A local place here makes Shut Up Juice which was featured on Man vs Food or something like 10 years ago. Anyways, because of COVID they haven't had any for like 8 months. It was my Mom's favorite present and she used it in everything. Trying to find a worthwhile replacement that is super hot but good.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Pandemic can suck my fat ass. The honey garlic here were fucking amazing. Have to get out there a couple more times before they close up. Fuuuck.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Pandemic can suck my fat ass. The honey garlic here were fucking amazing. Have to get out there a couple more times before they close up. Fuuuck.

never been to the roch-cha cha location. The buffalo shops are a hit and miss. The one at the eastern hills mall is trash. The OG and the one in Orchard park/west Seneca are fucking amazing.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

i'm sure the employees / managers at that location are glad they were saved from covid though

but seriously, they must have had problems there - food places that have good takeout options are doing just fine around here. It's typically the sit down restaurants that are really fucked

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
We care about your HEALTH that's why we are closing down Billy's Fag Shack and Sandwiches in buttfuck nowhere but at the same time McDonalds is open for all.

Anyone who wants to fuck small business over the Shanghai Shivers is a piece of shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Anyone else get a sort of food high after indulging in some junk/fast food that leaves them in a super relaxed state? I only started noticing it for me recently.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yes? Isn't that the point?

I like to gorge myself into a quasi food coma that comes with a sort of post-nut clarity.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yes? Isn't that the point?

I like to gorge myself into a quasi food coma that comes with a sort of post-nut clarity.
I usually always just ate from habit and because certain things would taste good. The meds I take now help fix dopamine production problems so eating junk food is producing a high not all that dissimilar to weed. Just wanted to know if it's something others experience, or if it was the meds doing something it should not.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh, well, I dunno how big of a high you're talking about. Similar to weed? Not sure I get a food high quite like that.

Brother, it sounds like you're in for the time of your life. I'm a little jealous

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Oh, well, I dunno how big of a high you're talking about. Similar to weed? Not sure I get a food high quite like that.

Brother, it sounds like you're in for the time of your life. I'm a little jealous
Not like, super high or anything like that. But, if I eat a pint of ice-cream and sit down to a game: I'm really relaxed and super focused on it, whereas I'm usually bored and my mind is elsewhere. That and just a general feeling of well-being.

Either way, I think I now realize why I started eating so much more after I started those meds. My brain is getting hooked to the dopamine that it was starved of.

• 1Blown

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I honestly think I'm going through the opposite. I started on a med recently to level out the 'peaks', I guess you could say, and I haven't felt like smashing through an entire buffet in a while.

But I haven't lost any weight, either, so this is some bullshit

• 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I usually always just ate from habit and because certain things would taste good. The meds I take now help fix dopamine production problems so eating junk food is producing a high not all that dissimilar to weed. Just wanted to know if it's something others experience, or if it was the meds doing something it should not.
Sorry about your impending beetus

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
6 bucks at my local grocery store - will buy as much as will fit in my freezer.
Pep's Drafthaus frozen pizza..The Prohibition Special. Damn fine.
12-prohibitionspecial1-rev.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 6 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So I ordered Little Caesars. They drop it off at the door, I get a text, and I open the door and see there's another box outside my door too. I guess I didn't hear the USPS guy knock (if they knocked)

Turns out it's a box from Ship Kansas City BBQ Nationwide | Jack Stack BBQ

Now I know why they were verifying everyone's mailing addresses at work a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure it's great for the folks at our other branches in other states, but I'm in KC and if I wanted Jack Stack, I'd just get in my car and drive somewhere. So It's kind of weird to get frozen BBQ in the mail from a place in the town where I live.

I also froze some fingertips grabbing bags of dry ice with my bare hands because I didn't stop to think that it would be bags of dry ice. :/

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So I ordered Little Caesars. They drop it off at the door, I get a text, and I open the door and see there's another box outside my door too. I guess I didn't hear the USPS guy knock (if they knocked)

Turns out it's a box from Ship Kansas City BBQ Nationwide | Jack Stack BBQ

Now I know why they were verifying everyone's mailing addresses at work a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure it's great for the folks at our other branches in other states, but I'm in KC and if I wanted Jack Stack, I'd just get in my car and drive somewhere. So It's kind of weird to get frozen BBQ in the mail from a place in the town where I live.

I also froze some fingertips grabbing bags of dry ice with my bare hands because I didn't stop to think that it would be bags of dry ice. :/
Yeah I mean free food is free food, but if I were to be paying to get BBQ across the country it wouldn’t be jack stack