The Fast Food Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I seem to be still alive. If any bacteria made it through, I'm raining fire on them today. Ate some vindaloo xxx-hot for lunch, washing it down with this:

IMG_4189_0e93b3e1-6d4e-4938-999c-0fae969b349e_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I didn't know that was a thing... now I want a bag or 10

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
He put it back in the oven, so any listeria would be killed. The big worry would be any toxin produced from staph which humans are a natural carrier of. The oven will kill the staph itself but the toxin is extremely heat resistant.
Yeah I googled the science of it before posting, "enjoy your listeria" seemed like the snappiest joke still lol. Not quite as snappy as "enjoy your staphylococcus produced toxins!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Left on counter for a day or two? And still ate? Enjoy your listeria.
I cant speak to 2 days (who leaves a pizza uneaten for 2 days)

But pizza left on the counter for 24 hours is absolutely fine. This was the standard leftover pizza storage procedure for 10-20 years of my life and while its hard to say "I turned out fine" its clear that leftover pizza didnt cause any problems.

• 1Like

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah i leave leftovers in my car for hours then take them home store them in the fridge. Next day properly reheat them and everythings good. People just don't realize how our ancestors lived or what they ate. Most of the food we eat is so processed and full of salt that it will easily last a few hours if not a few days at room temperature. Just be smart about it. Smoked pork? No problem, this is how our ancestors survived. Chicken sandwich? Well i probably wouldn't trust it but still, heat that sucker up to 160 and you can eat it mostly without worries.
Pasta,Veggies,fries,Starches? Sure go ahead, just be careful of things like moist rice and foods that can be breeding grounds for bacteria if not kept cool and dry. Food doesn't necessarily have to be kept in the fridge.
With lots of takeout or leftovers it's more important how it was treated before you got it and what temperatures it was heated and cooled at. For instance a large batch of soup in a restaurant might be cooked to a certain temperature and then quickly cooled in an ice bath, before going into a walk in cooler. This destroys any bacteria that can grow which is what would cause you stomach distress or more serious problems later on. So you get it take it home and leave it sealed on the counter overnight. More then likely the conditions to for bacteria to grow in that soup do not exist but more importantly, what ever was in that soup has been eliminated already.

TL;DR Most of the foods we eat have already been processed, if your house is cool and dry you could probably leave most of it on a countertop for awhile and still eat it safely.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I see an umbrella, where's the food. Edit: N/M i see some wings behind all that green garbage. Double edit: No I don't have one of those. Is it an asian thing?

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Eat like men and don't have leftovers. Problem solved.
I used to do that. 2 pizzas, no problem. Since then I have discovered alcohol. My #1 reason for leftovers is getting distracted and forgetting to eat, not being unable to eat. Last night I took a shot and got the idea to play with my chainsaw. I now have one less tree and a lot more firewood.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I see an umbrella, where's the food. Edit: N/M i see some wings behind all that green garbage. Double edit: No I don't have one of those. Is it an asian thing?
yea it's common for moms to cook dinner and leave it out on the table

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm in Maryland. Did a reverse image search since that asshole posts a beauty like that without any details. Looks like Chaps Pit Beef. I've never been there, but I have been hitting up various pit beef spots this past year. I'll add this one to the list.

I fucking love pit beef. Throw some raw onions on..mmmm.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's Chaps.

Was going to post more, but then got attacked by mobs while AFK, and got sidetracked.

1636740937926.png

1636741069414.png

1636741133379.png

• 3Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users