The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was forced to go to walmart because of these supply chain issues. I went to get the one thing that redeems that hell-hole of a store and it was fucking sold out. Where the fuck are my smiley fries you bastards???

After I recovered from my episode, I went and got me a jalapeno cheesesteak from Charley's, a brand new chain that popped up in my town. This shit was delicious. Foot long sub with just heaps of meat. I really feel like this picture doesn't do it justice, as meat was just falling out all over the place and I still had lots of meat and got to clean up the scraps after. Anyone who even thinks of going to subway with this as an option probably should be tossed off a building.

View attachment 393873
Charley’s is decent for fast food. They should have a can of old bay for their fries if you ever go in.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Charley's had a shop at the Mall of America for a long time. They would always have a guy hanging over the fucking counter trying to shove food in your mouth as you walked by. I tried it once, wasn't bad, but the shop ain't there anymore, so I dunno what to tell ya!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
over the weekend we went to get our vision/glasses and stopped by the charleys, they had a "gourmet" fries option that she wanted to try... it wasn't worth it the fries were eh (considering we also got chickfila and those fries were great), but yea the cheesesteak was great.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, fries are usually mediocre most of the time. That's why it's so amazing when they're actually good.
I'm a fry nazi. Your fries shall be crispy. Thou shalt not them in a container that is lacking proper ventelation, preferably none. I usually pass if they look at me strange for saying extra crispy. Arby's fries are about the only ones I enjoy. There's an asian place near me S tier steak fries, the most technically difficult fry of all. Just hearing the way they crunch and remain soft on the inside is why I go their. Since Asians are poor and fry everything in the same container, I'm sure I'm getting all sorts of asian meat flavor as a bonus.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Was craving something spicy and sauce, and the pei wei drunken spicy noodles hit the spot. Nice quantity of food too.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Was craving something spicy and sauce, and the pei wei drunken spicy noodles hit the spot. Nice quantity of food too.
All the Pei Weis near me closed up, only PF Chang's now but the quality hasn't been good lately.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm a fry nazi. Your fries shall be crispy. Thou shalt not them in a container that is lacking proper ventelation, preferably none. I usually pass if they look at me strange for saying extra crispy. Arby's fries are about the only ones I enjoy. There's an asian place near me S tier steak fries, the most technically difficult fry of all. Just hearing the way they crunch and remain soft on the inside is why I go their. Since Asians are poor and fry everything in the same container, I'm sure I'm getting all sorts of asian meat flavor as a bonus.

Last egg rolls I fried had some nice chicken fried steak undertones. Was good. Should do fries in that oil.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
All the Pei Weis near me closed up, only PF Chang's now but the quality hasn't been good lately.
Yea, maybe this restaurant heard the fires in the wind.. They seriously scoop so much food in you gotta put a second plate under to get all the stuff that pours out when you open the first time. It's busy as shit, cause diners have caught on.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
In college I got 100 nuggets. I ate 63 in one sitting but left the rest. I could have eaten more, but they started not tasting as good as they should to me so I just saved the rest and ate them the next day. All with Sweet N Sour sauce, obviously.

Also was in a eating challenge between two different friends. Once in Highschool with Subway (I have regrets) and once in College with McDoubles. Won both, but didn't even get a medal or anything. Unfortunate.

the true taste of a nugget reveals itself somewhere between nugget 30-50, depending on the man

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Taco Bell ground beef and McDonalds Hamburgers are more convincing imitations of actual meat.

You're a combination of a giant douche and a complete sucker. Mcdonalds beef ingredients:

100% Beef Patty
Ingredients: 100% Pure USDA Inspected Beef; No Fillers, No Extenders.
Prepared With Grill Seasoning (Salt, Black Pepper).

Taco Bell (unless you're the cleanest eater in the fucking world, none of these ingredients aren't something you're not getting on a daily basis from a billion other prepared and seasoned food items, or if you use a god damn taco seasoning packet)

Beef, water, seasoning [cellulose, chili pepper, maltodextrin, salt, oats, soy lecithin, spices, tomato powder, sugar, onion powder, citric acid, natural flavors (including smoke flavor), torula yeast, cocoa, disodium inosinate & guanylate, dextrose, lactic acid, modified corn starch], salt, sodium phosphates.

But keep living your life through the lens of clickbait.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Doctor said I need to up my pathetic sodium levels, and that my cholesterols were all "bizarrely low". I eat the worst trash, I should be set on those vitamins. Don't worry doc I'm following that order and downing two american doses of sodium for breakfast. I think a double tray of Sonic chili tots will send me on the right path.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I dont give a damn how shitty your fries are as long as I have this to dip them in

images.jpg

This has become like Frank's hot sauce to me...
"I put that shit on everything"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
You're a combination of a giant douche and a complete sucker. Mcdonalds beef ingredients:

Taco Bell (unless you're the cleanest eater in the fucking world, none of these ingredients aren't something you're not getting on a daily basis from a billion other prepared and seasoned food items, or if you use a god damn taco seasoning packet)

But keep living your life through the lens of clickbait.
While it is adorable - truly touching - that you went to the trouble of researching ingredients and copy pasting them here for us to read, you might have saved yourself a little time by reading my post in the first place. Reading comprehension saves time, in the end.

The point, obviously, was not a comparison of McDonalds Hamburgers vs Taco Bell Ground Beef.

The point was chicken nuggets are nothing like real chicken. And lets be clear. I don't give a shit if you dig up some information claiming they're 100% free range happy chickens from happy farmyards. Maybe - like McDonalds Hamburgers - they're "technically" made from material from the right species of animal that they get to "technically" call chicken.

They are still spongy bullshit that doesnt resemble any kind of real food let alone actual chicken meat.

• 2Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
With enough proper flavoring any shit can be amazing.

Im not against plant proteins, Hell I would gladly eat them if they had any semblance of quality. Right now I try to do at least 1 Meatless dinner a week and usually end up focusing on Beans or Chickpeas for a "protein" but they end up just not being fully satiating. I would use that shit in a meat sauce, or a chili, if it wasnt so awful.

I did buy a fake taco meat one time that was actually decent, bought it for my vegan brother when we did taco in a bag. Havent seen than brand since.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
TVP (texturized vegetable protein) can make a pretty decent ground beef substitute. I grew up hardcore vegetarian; ate a shitload of TVP and tofu.

Fake sausage (like Morningstar farms) is actually good. Different than real sausage but honestly not a bad substitute at all.

Never had any other fake meat that was palatable at all. Every other one I've tried, it was like eating something that isnt actually food.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Supertaster
  • 1Worf