The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I used to snap up some 7-11 slices now and then when it was convenient, because back in the day it was approximately the quality of red barons and convenient. Holy shit has their quality cratered. Over time it's gotten less and less consistently good. This was the first time I had it where it was just downright gross. The crust was like 2 inches around the edge of the pizza, and the bottom was almost soggy. The cheese tasted like it came straight out of the wood dust refinery.

WTF seven eleven.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm about to get serious w/ self made pizza again, this time i'm gonna a propane adapter for my pizzaa oven instead of using pellets, just takes too long to get up to temp

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
For the most part I'd agree, especially if we're talking chains.

I might have to summon Breakdown Breakdown for this one, but even in Buffalo I seem to remember the wings from places like La Nova's, Just Pizza, etc were good, they were ok...but I don't ever remember them being as good as from an actual wing place.

I also just checked a map and they opened up a Jets Pizza close to where I used to live; just north of Delaware park. Da Fuq?

Correct. Some pizza places in the area have meh wings, some very good. The best wing places in the area serve pizza but just arent straight up pizza joints. That said, There are about 40 Pizza places in Buffalo that still have better wings than anywhere else in the country I have been. La Nova is a great example. Straight Pizza place, better wings than 99 percent of America. Go watch Dave Portnoy when he goes to Lanova and the owner makes him eat the wings. Then laugh when he makes a mobster joke without realizing that La Novas Owner Joey todaro is the current Buffalo Family Mob boss and is the Son of the Leadpipe Joe Sr who was part of La Cosa Nostra

But still, the top wing focused places are on a whole nothing level.

Tier1
Buffalo Wing Joints (bar Bill, Elmos, Big Tree Inn, 911 tavern, Gabriels gate, Wingnutz)

Tier 2
Buffalo Pizza Places
The best wing places outside buffalo

tier 3
The rest of wing joints

Tier 4
Pizza Places outside buffalo that sell wings

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The thing to keep in mind with mom and pop places, is a lot of them order from the same food distributors. They'll have different tier quality of ingredients obviously. These distributors can be very regional and that will be the difference between a mom and pop in jersey/NY versus a mom and pop in bum fuck South Dakota. There are far more distributors that are far more developed in the North East then the rest of the country.

• 2Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Go watch Dave Portnoy

324xv9.jpg

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had these today. They're like super crack cheetos. Do recommend.

1658539240209.png

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Anyone been to a Tudor’s Biscuit World? Apparently one’s coming to my area and there’s a bunch of hype, but I’d rather hear reviews from you weird fucks on the internet.

Really big portions but more expensive. I used to like some of their biscuits a lot, but it's been years. They used to be like a mom and pop joint but I've heard differently from relatives lately.

• 1Like

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Got these and gotta say they are pretty damn good. The flavor was very good, and the burn was something equivalent to the extra hot cheetohs with more endurance. I love heat and these were well below what I consider very hot, but I could feel a burn, so they'll definitely be too hot for those with a low tolerance. Big win I'd say.

View attachment 420373

Was walking by the chips last night and saw these in store finally. Had three cans left, so grabbed them all. Agree, very good flavor and afterburn. More spicy than the sauce itself.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had BWW for the first time in like seven years this past weekend. Fucking garbage. The Nashville Hot sauce itself was pretty decent but the rest of the entire meal was pathetic. That might have been my last time ever going to BWW.

Asian places around here consistently have the best wings. I gotta go back to Ohio I get legit 'Merican style wings.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
R.I.P. The Choco Taco.

I loved these things as a teenager, however, after about 20 years old I never saw them again after Taco bell stopped carrying them. It's like they went out of their way to not sell them.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I loved these things as a teenager, however, after about 20 years old I never saw them again after Taco bell stopped carrying them. It's like they went out of their way to not sell them.
They usually could be found here at gas stations/convenience stores.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I had BWW for the first time in like seven years this past weekend. Fucking garbage. The Nashville Hot sauce itself was pretty decent but the rest of the entire meal was pathetic. That might have been my last time ever going to BWW.

Asian places around here consistently have the best wings. I gotta go back to Ohio I get legit 'Merican style wings.

you know who has good wings that you'd never expect? cheesecake factory

• 1Like
  • 1Triggered

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
These are really good. Similar taste to voodoo but on a lays style chip.

Attachments

• 20220727_120824_2.jpg
    20220727_120824_2.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 16
  • 1Like