The Fast Food Thread

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Quiznos died? Dafuq?

The only one I know of near me, is still open...

Or are all of you talking about the 2014 bankruptcy? I'd forgotten all about that.

They all closed near me with the bankruptcy and haven't seen one for a few years (but don't travel very far). Figured they all closed one way or another. Wonder if there are any good ones left. Going out of state later this year, might try to find one instead of those diversity losers at Chick-fil-A.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I mean, well...shit.

I may have to go pull a McCheese McCheese on Monday.

You know...for all the starving kids in...wherever they are.

1688309056658.png

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Looked it up and closest Quiznos is in a neighboring state and the Google map entry specifically notes it's LGBBQ friendly. What the fuck, I just wanted a toasted sandwich. To be fair, Ted warned us all. Eat the gay sandwich, bigot!

Looks like they're uniquely tagging themselves as LGBBQ friendly nationwide? Bold strategy, Queerznos.

Screenshot_20230702-080526-744.png

Last edited:
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I just remember quiznos as that place that smears olives all over the bottom bun. Not even good olives, but the classless black type.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's totally worth searching for local Italian goodness, so you can avoid the Firehouse Subs of the world

I gotta tag Soygen Soygen in for this one

Pics stolen from the Yelp of a local place. Maybe not as good as some of the places I frequented when I lived in NY, but it's still a solid place

1688312603003.png

1688312663697.png

1688313041916.png

• 4Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Somebody needs to come to Montana and teach people how to make decent sandwiches. You can get a pretty good burger here, but even though most cafes and restaurants have at least a cheese steak and a reuben they are always garbage. In California every bar would at least have a tri-tip sandwich and a hot pastrami. The cheese steaks in Cali are better than the ones in Philly. I've often thought that if somebody opened a place here that could make even mediocre hot sandwiches they would be printing money. Then again the local BBQ place that opened a year ago had to start serving burgers to stay in business so maybe we GWWFD.

• 2Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Somebody needs to come to Montana and teach people how to make decent sandwiches. You can get a pretty good burger here, but even though most cafes and restaurants have at least a cheese steak and a reuben they are always garbage. In California every bar would at least have a tri-tip sandwich and a hot pastrami. The cheese steaks in Cali are better than the ones in Philly. I've often thought that if somebody opened a place here that could make even mediocre hot sandwiches they would be printing money. Then again the local BBQ place that opened a year ago had to start serving burgers to stay in business so maybe we GWWFD.
The highest rated sandwich place in my town just looks like something I could make.

1688318571716.png

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Potbelly has been my go to sandwich place for chains. Doesn't compare to a couple mom and pop spots, but it's solid for a chain. Their sweet peppers alone are s tier.

• 1Quality Calories

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The Subway I go to periodically (it's near the hockey rink and convenient) actually makes decent sandwiches. If anything, they add too much when you ask them for something. They always give extra meat, whatever you order, and I don't mind the Italian herb bread. Not bad bread with extra roasted chicken, extra cheese, and lots of olives and jalapenos. I don't know why there is so much hate for Subway actually. Sandwiches are decently priced, and are at least as good as a McDonalds burger.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The Subway I go to periodically (it's near the hockey rink and convenient) actually makes decent sandwiches. If anything, they add too much when you ask them for something. They always give extra meat, whatever you order, and I don't mind the Italian herb bread. Not bad bread with extra roasted chicken, extra cheese, and lots of olives and jalapenos. I don't know why there is so much hate for Subway actually. Sandwiches are decently priced, and are at least as good as a McDonalds burger.

At least as good as a McDonald's burger is a weird comparison.

An individual shop doing extra work you know is out of the ordinary doesn't make the chain good overall or in general. I'll tolerate Subway when it's offered, but never choose to go there or make the suggestion. Tastes like Subway, though, not a quality sub.

I don't prefer them because it's often worse than the average expectation and around me they've gotten stingy with toppings and refuse to honor corporate coupons. So the subs are skimpy and expensive.

When I hate them is because very often in my life boring people have insisted we get subway because it's the "everyone likes something" place to compromise with so everyone is equally unhappy. Imagine you're on your one real vacation of the year on the Oregon coast and family is insisting we go to Subway because it's just easier to deal with than finding a real restaurant. That's why I personally hate Subway.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
At least as good as a McDonald's burger is a weird comparison.

An individual shop doing extra work you know is out of the ordinary doesn't make the chain good overall or in general. I'll tolerate Subway when it's offered, but never choose to go there or make the suggestion. Tastes like Subway, though, not a quality sub.

I don't prefer them because it's often worse than the average expectation and around me they've gotten stingy with toppings and refuse to honor corporate coupons. So the subs are skimpy and expensive.

When I hate them is because very often in my life boring people have insisted we get subway because it's the "everyone likes something" place to compromise with so everyone is equally unhappy. Imagine you're on your one real vacation of the year on the Oregon coast and family is insisting we go to Subway because it's just easier to deal with than finding a real restaurant. That's why I personally hate Subway.

Fair enough. Let me put it another way: a foot long sub is more filling than a McDonalds burger, and is about the same price at this point. I see Subway as simply fuel. I don't go there for delicious cuisine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You need to visit the Gravy thread or youtube if you can't make something twice as good as that with your eyes closed.
I mean I can. It’s actually kinda shocking how pedestrian their sandwiches look, like I woke up with a hangover and have 2 mins to slap something together to eat for lunch at work… But they are the number one rated place regardless.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fair enough. Let me put it another way: a foot long sub is more filling than a McDonalds burger, and is about the same price at this point. I see Subway as simply fuel. I don't go there for delicious cuisine.
What? I can get 2 McDoubles and 2 small fries for less than a 6 inch at Subway.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thoughts on Firehouse Subs? Know several by people middle aged women who can't cook for their single child families who love and talk about Firehouse Subs obessively. Seemed average to me.

Chili was bad, just tasted like underseasoned stewed tomatoes.

I got the spicy Cajun chicken and it wasn't terrible, just generically spicy on top of spicy flavor. Also tried some brisket cheddar described as "slightly fancier Arby's" and had to agree was pretty average.

Overall 5/10 and no point in going back myself but would eat if it was being supplied or suggested by people who can't cook and seem embarrassed by going out for good food.
Much better than subway but worse than most other good chains like Jersey Mikes.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I always loved their chicken carbonara. It was the sammich GOAT.

200w.gif

That's something I would never have tried. So I may go get one and see what happens.

But I'm looking at their limited time offers, and they legit have a Kimchi Philly sandwich. What could go wrong?

Except that shit is sold out here locally. Otherwise I would have tried channeling my inner Lanx Lanx and seeing if it was even edible.

I also doubt I trust Quiznos enough to order any of those Lobster subs, being that this is in KC and we're not exactly on the coast.

1688324296416.png

But chicken carb? That I'm willing to do.

1688324461452.png

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Much better than subway but worse than most other good chains like Jersey Mikes.

I think there is one in town now so thought to try it. Keeping in mind I'm generally sick of eating out and usually only do it under duress. Which sucks, grew up so poor fast food was a special treat, but it's mostly expensive shit now (after putting all the mom and pops out of business) and what all the poors eat, which boggles my mind.

• 1Solidarity