The Fast Food Thread

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Pride month is over, stop talking about quiche. Egg bake is superior and more American.
1657193626488.png

Discussions about quiche are entirely appropriate.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'd criticize you for "not messing with crust" except half the quiche fans in the trhead have been recommending storebought motherfucking crust.

I'm having trouble finding the right words to express my contempt for people being intimidated by a cooking task that involves 2-3 ingredients and perhaps 5 minutes of your time. I'm gonna have to bookmark it and think on this one for a while.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Grimace shakes all three McDonald's were out so had cookout: Hershey chocolate+Oreo mint. Will do again

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Relatives are over for 4th of july, and one wanted mozarella sticks from Sonic, cause she's stupid like that. Asked I wanted one of their blizzard imposter things, I was like why not, it's fucking hot. Went for a peanutbutter cup with caramel added. What I got had no caramel, and there may have been like one mini peanutbutter cup in the entire thing, so it was pretty much just soft serve in a cup. Just awful.

Why is sonic incapable of doing anything right other than onion rings and limeades?

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Relatives are over for 4th of july, and one wanted mozarella sticks from Sonic, cause she's stupid like that. Asked I wanted one of their blizzard imposter things, I was like why not, it's fucking hot. Went for a peanutbutter cup with caramel added. What I got had no caramel, and there may have been like one mini peanutbutter cup in the entire thing, so it was pretty much just soft serve in a cup. Just awful.

Why is sonic incapable of doing anything right other than onion rings and limeades?
Man that blows. The one by me makes an amazing cookie dough one. And the cookie dough pieces is throughout the entire cup, from bottom to the top. The top then has a mound of cookie dough chunks.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Don't ask me why I loathe the cooking thread , maybe I just resonate with more of the foods in here. At least being low skill simple meal guy myself.

Need to get better about consuming a lot of eggs, up to about 40 birds now though quite a few non layers in there. A few customers dried up and I'm drowning in chicken/duck eggs. Need to learn to make quiche or something as I'm sick of fried/scrambled eggs.
Make some soy marinated hard boiled eggs for Ramen.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Cobbler is one of my all time favorite things, but I couldn't eat 20lbs. of it. lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have been srirachaless for a long time. I've basically replaced it with chili crisp.

A shortage of the Sriracha hot sauce has boosted the online price of a single bottle to as much as $70 - and that means it's cheaper to buy blue-chip shares such as Coca-Cola, Bank of America or Pfizer.

Online prices of the popular sauce surged in recent months due to a production crunch. Huy Fong Foods – the company behind one of America's favorite condiments – has been facing a chili pepper shortage over the past year due to extreme weather conditions.

"Unfortunately, this is out of our control and without this essential ingredient we are unable to produce any of our products (Chili Garlic, Sambal Oelek, and Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce)," the company wrote in a letter to customers in 2022.

The squeeze has translated into exorbitant prices for customers who are having to pay $70 for a bottle on eBay, first reported by Yahoo Finance. Shockingly, one seller marked a 28 oz 15-pack for $955.55.

Turn to Amazon and it's no better, as Insider's Lauren Edmonds reports, with a a 17 oz two-pack selling for as much as $129.99 and another is pricing a 28 oz two-pack for $87.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I have been srirachaless for a long time. I've basically replaced it with chili crisp.

A shortage of the Sriracha hot sauce has boosted the online price of a single bottle to as much as $70 - and that means it's cheaper to buy blue-chip shares such as Coca-Cola, Bank of America or Pfizer.

Yea, the shortage on srirache and sambaal is real. Chinese Chili crisp has been my goto also. Was planning to go to the korean mart and just buy peppers and make my own, as my last bottle is about to run out. Even if I can't find thai peppers, I can just use something similar. Korean mart has a bazillion different peppers.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

you got the holiday crew

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Online prices of the popular sauce surged in recent months due to a production crunch. Huy Fong Foods – the company behind one of America's favorite condiments – has been facing a chili pepper shortage over the past year due to extreme weather conditions.

"Unfortunately, this is out of our control and without this essential ingredient we are unable to produce any of our products (Chili Garlic, Sambal Oelek, and Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce)," the company wrote in a letter to customers in 2022.

The squeeze has translated into exorbitant prices for customers who are having to pay $70 for a bottle on eBay, first reported by Yahoo Finance. Shockingly, one seller marked a 28 oz 15-pack for $955.55.

Turn to Amazon and it's no better, as Insider's Lauren Edmonds reports, with a a 17 oz two-pack selling for as much as $129.99 and another is pricing a 28 oz two-pack for $87.
I never got on the sriracha train. To me, it tastes like shit. I know I am in the minority, but gimme any of a 100 other hot sauces.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I never got on the sriracha train. To me, it tastes like shit. I know I am in the minority, but gimme any of a 100 other hot sauces.
Depends on what I am eating. I love sirarcha with rice, pretty much don't touch it otherwise. Franks red hot Exxtra hot is my go to every day hot sauce. Sambal is amazing in stir fry type stuff to me.

I keep like 20 hot sauces around. I got one that I strictly use for brisket tacos, A few different hot sauces for different types of wings, ect.