The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I might need to make a black market sale to yall, i'm like 80% certain local asian grocer had a fuck ton of siracha, though had a sign limit 2 bottles. Maybe it was a copy cat, dunno.
There’s been multiple copy cats popping up, but reading the ingredients they are obviously nothing like sriracha, so never fell for it. Family who knew I was looking for one bought one bottle and it was total dog shit, I think the first ingredient was water, and the second some thickener.

There’s even one that has the same bottle shape and tries really hard to look like sriracha, that has the same dog shit ingredients. So there’s a good chance it’s imposter stuff.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if you guys want a "copy cat" sriracha, try the shark brand one (the logo is a shark)
shark-sriracha-bottles-large_5d8bb80c64f77e4adf79c7d84dd01450.jpg

this is the other hot sauce some pho places use

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
mrsdirk here. I had enough of the hospital cafeteria food, so while dirk was still in and out I walked across the street to a greasy spoon and got country fried steak and eggs. They had a large selection of hot sauces. I tried a few of them. Maybe I have base taste but I still like tabasco better than any of the others. On the eggs and specifically on the hash browns.

I never finish a whole meal from a place like that. I had only had crap bits and things from the cafeteria all day and today I finished my whole plate. Before going home for the night I told dirk about this, he's alert and awake now, and he was pissy about it because it's going to be a while before he can eat anything like that.

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
mrsdirk here. I had enough of the hospital cafeteria food, so while dirk was still in and out I walked across the street to a greasy spoon and got country fried steak and eggs. They had a large selection of hot sauces. I tried a few of them. Maybe I have base taste but I still like tabasco better than any of the others. On the eggs and specifically on the hash browns.

I never finish a whole meal from a place like that. I had only had crap bits and things from the cafeteria all day and today I finished my whole plate. Before going home for the night I told dirk about this, he's alert and awake now, and he was pissy about it because it's going to be a while before he can eat anything like that.
Hope everything is going well!
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Maybe I have base taste but I still like tabasco better than any of the others. On the eggs and specifically on the hash browns.

I still like Tabasco on eggs. I like the way it sort of stays in your mouth and then lights back up when you take a drink of coffee.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
On firehouse, I enjoy it - always get the smokehouse brisket and cheddar and wife gets Engineer. It’s been a couple years since there’s none near anymore, but my biggest complaint was always the price. Sure it probably isn’t comparable to whatever deli ran by some 90 year old Italian, but it was always solid for me.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
On firehouse, I enjoy it - always get the smokehouse brisket and cheddar and wife gets Engineer. It’s been a couple years since there’s none near anymore, but my biggest complaint was always the price. Sure it probably isn’t comparable to whatever deli ran by some 90 year old Italian, but it was always solid for me.
I'm a fan of their Italian. It was a lil pricey, but the quality was worth it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Only time I've liked Tabasco is on hash browns and eggs, or in clam chowder. Or with MREs out of desperation.

Tapatio is my favorite basic cheap Mexican hot sauce. Black label Valentine is good too. I won't go to a restaurant with that Cholula shit on the table. Crystal or franks is gross. That authentic brand lanx suggested tastes authentically like Mexican garbage, good heat but gross flavor overall.

Trader Joe's makes good red jalapeno sauce that was discontinued and a habanero sauce that probably will be too.

Yellow Bird makes good sauces.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Tapatio and Cholula is what got us through our years in the service.

Lately I've been eating a lot of Franks. I don't like super hot stuff so all of the sauces are basically hot enough for me. Just like some on biscuits and gravy and eggs etc.

• 3Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That weak ass sonic flurry or whatever they call their bullshit made me take a stroll down to the local Dairy Queen.

1688755809714.png

1688755877970.jpeg

That’s the way it’s supposed to be.

• 5Like
  • 3Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
got takeout pho from new place (place i haven't went to yet)
saw they had hoisin and rooster sriracha out on the table, i asked "wow you guys have the sauce out on the table still?, anyone try to steal it?"

she said
"we refill those bottles with a different brand..."
7f98f127c9b2b5af9756a18315cd94c6.png

soup was good, they gave like zero meat tho.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Tapatio and Cholula is what got us through our years in the service.

Lately I've been eating a lot of Franks. I don't like super hot stuff so all of the sauces are basically hot enough for me. Just like some on biscuits and gravy and eggs etc.

I can't be the only person that somehow ended up with fucktons of these

1688773737250.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Just hit up Mission BBQ for the first time for an in laws birthday. The staff heard us talking about it and the manager came out with complimentary strawberry shortcake for the whole family, was very surprised. Atmosphere overall was very nice, food was good.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just hit up Mission BBQ for the first time for an in laws birthday. The staff heard us talking about it and the manager came out with complimentary strawberry shortcake for the whole family, was very surprised. Atmosphere overall was very nice, food was good.
I love the idea of Mission BBQ, I just wish the food was better. It's not bad, it's just ok for BBQ. I will still hit it up for the Veterans theme, but it could be better.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Mission BBQ is decent to good, a little overpriced for what you get but honestly that is almost an BBQ joint these days. I feel like they are decently constant. Not the best shit you can find but I don't think you can have a bad experience there. They have some solid cheddar jalapeño sausage too.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I had to google to see that's some sort of chain.

There's a part of KC called Mission and I was like "Is this a new place? WTF?"