The Fast Food Thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I dunno if you guys have this brand where you're at. I think Pearson's might be local to me. But the original version of these was...I dunno, kinda good? But the cream in the middle never fucking made sense to me. You've got this bar that's just straight peanuts, like a Snickers on crack, and then you ruin it with some weird creamy bullshit holding it together. Well, I dunno why the fuck no one thought of this before, but if you just replace that weird bullshit with peanut butter, it turns out they're fucking godly.

Well, I guess if you're not allergic to peanuts. If you are, might wanna pass.
IMG_20240108_220304849.jpg

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I basically never go to fast food anymore (maybe 3-4 times a year). But, I was tired as fuck after work, girlfriend was sick so I knew she wasn't cooking, and I swung by the only fast food restaurant I ever really frequent anymore: Del Taco. Their birria street tacos are pretty fucking legit. Almost as good as any typical taco truck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fast food is definitely way too expensive now. It's a strict road trip only option unless I hit up In N Out (which has remained cheap). Even in SF, the legit burger joints are cheaper than fucking McDonald's. It's ridiculous.

Shake Shack does get me every once in a while though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fast food is definitely way too expensive now. It's a strict road trip only option unless I hit up In N Out (which has remained cheap). Even in SF, the legit burger joints are cheaper than fucking McDonald's. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I went to the number one Burger joint yesterday in Virginia ranked seventh in the United States and the Burger was just a little bit more expensive than McDonald’s.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah, I went to the number one Burger joint yesterday in Virginia ranked seventh in the United States and the Burger was just a little bit more expensive than McDonald’s.
You can't make a post like that without giving us the name of the place.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is basically me, though not really road trips, more of super busy/too tired to cook something. Its not often, maybe once every other month or so.

And when I do its cheap stuff. The taco bell box that is $5 is still really good value. Like you said, inn n out is still kind of cheap if i want a full meal. If I do stop at say mcdonalds, I just get 2 of the sandwiches that are buy 1 get 2nd for a $1. No drink, no fries. Just the 2 sandwiches for under $5. Meals are just crazy now, almost dine-in restaurant prices.

And shake shack, I learned my lesson from my 1 visit for that crap. $12 for just a burger. $6 for fucking 10-12 oz milkshake. Fries would of been another $3-4.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dunno if you guys have this brand where you're at. I think Pearson's might be local to me. But the original version of these was...I dunno, kinda good? But the cream in the middle never fucking made sense to me. You've got this bar that's just straight peanuts, like a Snickers on crack, and then you ruin it with some weird creamy bullshit holding it together. Well, I dunno why the fuck no one thought of this before, but if you just replace that weird bullshit with peanut butter, it turns out they're fucking godly.

Well, I guess if you're not allergic to peanuts. If you are, might wanna pass.
View attachment 508250
Skippy also started making a chocolate pb crisp bar thing. costco had then for like 50 cents or less for a bar. Was amazing. next costco trip, they canceled them.

Need to see if Amazon or something cakes them at a decent price. these might need ordered too

Sludig

I basically never go to fast food anymore (maybe 3-4 times a year). But, I was tired as fuck after work, girlfriend was sick so I knew she wasn't cooking, and I swung by the only fast food restaurant I ever really frequent anymore: Del Taco. Their birria street tacos are pretty fucking legit. Almost as good as any typical taco truck.
one of the only things I miss from Colorado

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm gonna be eating good.

1704930555331.png

1704930628977.png

There's also these new burgers if you are into them. I'd swap them instantly to get the double quarter pounder back though.

1704930676085.png

KFC also got some new sloppy stuff to try.

1704930696761.png

1704930709218.png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Black pepper garlic nuggs? Yo, I'm in. I'll also take those McD's pies, too, thanks. Smoky pepper chicken sandwich don't look too bad, either.

Sludig

I'm gonna be eating good.

View attachment 508570
View attachment 508571

There's also these new burgers if you are into them. I'd swap them instantly to get the double quarter pounder back though.

View attachment 508572

KFC also got some new sloppy stuff to try.

View attachment 508573

View attachment 508574
You make me want to live there for a year or sneak in to live if they actually embraced guns, since the society at large is so much cleaner and orderly than shithole cities here. Though maybe I'm too motivated by food.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You make me want to live there for a year or sneak in to live if they actually embraced guns, since the society at large is so much cleaner and orderly than shithole cities here. Though maybe I'm too motivated by food.

People in Japan who like guns either take trips to Hawaii to shoot or they get into airsoft.

Being Australian I don't miss guns at all, and I really don't think Japan needs them. In America I would absolutely own guns though.

The convenience stores, supermarkets and fast food stores have a seasonal rotating menu which is both a blessing an a curse. You get to try cool new stuff all the time, at the cost of your favourite thing getting Thanos snapped out of existence every now and then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

People in Japan who like guns either take trips to Hawaii to shoot or they get into airsoft.

Being Australian I don't miss guns at all, and I really don't think Japan needs them. In America I would absolutely own guns though.

The convenience stores, supermarkets and fast food stores have a seasonal rotating menu which is both a blessing an a curse. You get to try cool new stuff all the time, at the cost of your favourite thing getting Thanos snapped out of existence every now and then.
You ever do any kind of meet or tour guiding? I know a few foh have gone. Besides the garbage big chain food, I want to try some of the more locals type of places I think I've seen you post. Like one where you go in and it's cheap beer and a menu of modest priced stuff where you order at the table and hardly interact with staff. I loathe small plate type restaurants in the USA, ass half of it is gross tripe and eel, but if I get the chance to spend 2-3 weeks I need cheap dive hotels and to eat as many different things as I can.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Eel sucks. I've only had eel I've enjoyed one or two times and it's been at really upscale omakase style places.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You need to find better sushi restaurants then. Eel is my go-to.

I just don't like it. Find plenty of good sushi here in San Francisco. I don't like the flavor of eel sauce, I don't like that weird BBQ flavor, I generally don't like the texture. It's just not for me. But sometimes really fancy places will do it up right.

If I'm getting sushi give me tuna any day everyday. I'll fuck with uni too but that shit can get pricey.