The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is that Basque or something? I've spent a ton of time in Spain and never once saw eel on a menu.
El all i pebre is a typical Valencian dish based on eel and potato. A traditional dish born on the banks of the Albufera capable of competing with the paella that we can prepare at home.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Is that Basque or something? I've spent a ton of time in Spain and never once saw eel on a menu.
It's a popular tapa dish. Baby eels or
Angulas. We have a Spanish restaurant in my town that serves them.
download (1).jpeg

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
El all i pebre is a typical Valencian dish based on eel and potato. A traditional dish born on the banks of the Albufera capable of competing with the paella that we can prepare at home.

Damn I was just in Valencia in October and never saw this. Ton of paella though.

Dish looks disgusting. Eels are so mid. Going to a fancy omakase place on Friday and I'm sure one of the dishes will be eel.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Damn I was just in Valencia in October and never saw this. Ton of paella though.

Dish looks disgusting. Eels are so mid. Going to a fancy omakase place on Friday and I'm sure one of the dishes will be eel.
i got it from this shitty michelin restaurant

paella was junk too, had better paella in a literally hole in the wall at the market

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Sad ...down to the last six of the Christmas cookies. Started with twelve dozen.
I blame Steady.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
i got it from this shitty michelin restaurant

paella was junk too, had better paella in a literally hole in the wall at the market

That restaurant was actually on my list but didn't make it. I was extremely unimpressed with the paella I had in Valencia. Find way better stuff in Madrid. And random Mediterranean beach towns.

The architecture is cool, but I have no desire to go back to Valencia.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Funny thing with sushi, I can add a small piece of wasabi on basically anything and feel that sharp taste, but salmon nigiri I can slather on a pile of wasabi and barely feel it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Burger King owner Restaurant Brands buys chain's largest U.S. franchisee

It comes more than a year after Restaurant Brands unveiled a $400 million plan to revive Burger King's U.S. business. Burger King sales had been lagging behind the competition, and Wendy's overtook it as the second-largest burger chain by U.S. sales. The comeback strategy focuses on investing in restaurant remodels and advertising to drive demand and boost franchisee profits.

Ok, so who here thinks that Burger King's issues had to do with the stores looking outdated or not seeing/hearing about BK enough to remember that they exist?

My issues with BK over the last few years was that their food was too expensive for the size/taste even pre-COVID. My kids beg for it every once in awhile and it is damn near double the cost of McDonalds usually for less food.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The fact that Wendy's overtook them just proves people are retarded. I still eat at BK once in a blue moon. Wendy's blows ass.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Burger King owner Restaurant Brands buys chain's largest U.S. franchisee

Ok, so who here thinks that Burger King's issues had to do with the stores looking outdated or not seeing/hearing about BK enough to remember that they exist?

My issues with BK over the last few years was that their food was too expensive for the size/taste even pre-COVID. My kids beg for it every once in awhile and it is damn near double the cost of McDonalds usually for less food.

Their deals are shit, their food is expensive, the new items are usually underwhelming, and they get rid of the good shit (and it almost never returns). They are like the Taco Bell of burger joints but at least TB brings shit back sometimes. Angry Whopper is the best thing they ever did BoozeCube BoozeCube .

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Their deals are shit, their food is expensive, the new items are usually underwhelming, and they get rid of the good shit (and it almost never returns). They are like the Taco Bell of burger joints but at least TB brings shit back sometimes. Angry Whopper is the best thing they ever did BoozeCube BoozeCube .

I agree, all the good burgers they ever had they removed and the Angry Whopper was the only reason I would go and it came around what, twice?

The last time I went the burgers were 12 bucks for a burger that was smaller than a mcmuffin from mcdonalds. That was 2 years ago I think.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe BK shouldn't have tried so hard to market shitty nuggets.. which were preceded by their chicken fries which is literally the form with the most minimal chicken meat and maximum breading. Haven't had them in years but i recall their fries as being the least amount per carton of any fast food option, so would go for the onion rings at least.

Go back to their '97 fries and tenders, figure out the sandwiches from there. Perhaps go the CFA model with a basic + deluxe so we don't have to rely on minimum wagers getting special orders right.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Over and over these companies try to make a niche for themselves with their offerings instead of making their niche "fast, cheap, and standardized." How are there more than 10 things on the BK menu? Cheeseburger, Whopper, Chicken Sandwich, Fries, Onion Rings. Make them cheaper and make them faster.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I agree, all the good burgers they ever had they removed and the Angry Whopper was the only reason I would go and it came around what, twice?

The last time I went the burgers were 12 bucks for a burger that was smaller than a mcmuffin from mcdonalds. That was 2 years ago I think.

Burger Kings magnum opus was the Original Angry Whopper but they were too fucking stupid to run with it. Just like Taco Bell was too fucking retarded to keep the Double Decker Taco and then the retarded American Inventors thought people would buy 1 for like $5 a pop, but I digress.

Anyways Burger King has been fucking up for years, as has been pointed out they came out with the Chicken Fries which honestly is some of the most worthless soy fuck type menu item, but wait they went even dumber with the Fagpossible Whopper. Any American Inventor pushing even faker meat than the already fake meat fast food burger joints pass off as food should be put down.

Burger king has only ever had one good item and that was the original Flame Broiled Whopper then Angry Whopper is the same menu item just a superior version of it. Still they have managed to somehow slide downhill in terms of fast food for at least the last decade or more.

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Someone reset the Matrix back to 1999 lets go to Blockbuster rent Varsity Blues to watch for the first time and pick up an Angry Whopper or some $99 Tacos, or even yellow wendys with the super bar and pretend that 2000's aren't going to be the gayest millennium in human history.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So yesterday we were running errands about 45 min away and decided to try this Chinese/Japanese restaurant there for takeout.

Of course it's the best Chinese food we've ever had and the sushi was great as well. There's no way I'm driving 90 minutes for it.

RIP