The Fast Food Thread

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t seen the goldfish pop back up at my Martins again yet. Hopefully soooon.

Oh, had to go to Baltimore for a work meeting last week. Ended up going to Faidley’s for lunch on the last day. Finally got to try one of those crab cakes fresh. Those fuckers also had deviled eggs, and they were fucking delicious. I was a little confused by the fact that there was no Old Bay on any of the tables, though. The fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Old Bay Goldfish are amazing in clam chowder. The seasoning you want plus they're better crackers than oyster shits or saltines.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
"studies have linked eating fried foods to an increased risk of developing chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Fried foods can contribute to high blood pressure, low HDL ("good") cholesterol, and obesity, all of which are risk factors for heart disease.

Fried foods can also increase your risk of other health problems, including: Cancer, Gut health issues, Reduced exercise performance, and Problems with fertility and pregnancy.

The frying process can cause hydrogenation, which turns poly-unsaturated fats into unhealthy trans fats. Frying also creates acrylamide, a toxic byproduct that's found in many fried foods, especially french fries."

View attachment 527748
This is just so dumb. Acrylamide has been in our food ever since we started to bake starches, which IDK? dates back to cave people cooking their toobers over open fire? And frying food has been with us since at least Egyptian times. Blame the current obesity, type 2, and all the other bullshit not on fried foods, but lies based on falsified studies in the late 70s that lead to entire US to shift from fats in our food to sugar and highly refined starches. which BTW the food industry didnt mind since sugar is way fucking cheaper than fat and it tastes even BETTER! Its too bad sugar is a fucking poison to your system. Its now coming to light that its the sugar industry that paid off those scientists to paint sugar as good and demonize fats.

There is literally not like one single item in a food store middle section that does not have sugar in it in some form. From fucking crackers to pasta sauce and everything between. But HEY, its fat free!! They preached low fat, fat causes heart disease!!! While the decades went on and the people still died of heart attacks, even at faster rates, but now we have other problems too like diabetes which are huge, which has never been a problem before these lies about our food. They villanized EGGS for a while in the 80s, fucking EGGS, of all the good shit you could eat. HIGH IN CHOLESTEROL!!! Butter was shunned! We needed margarine!!! They replaced beef tallow which they used to fry fries in at MacDonald to this hydrogenated BS fake oils. (I know because I used to work there in the 80s when I was a lad) Couple this with the shit they spray our food with to make it grow and be pest free, which is like illegal in most other countries, well there you have your food problem here, and its not fried food, it never was.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This is just so dumb. Acrylamide has been in our food ever since we started to bake starches, which IDK? dates back to cave people cooking their toobers over open fire? And frying food has been with us since at least Egyptian times.
1715147846042.png

It is in MUCH higher concentrations when deep fried.

Blame the current obesity, type 2, and all the other bullshit not on fried foods, but lies based on falsified studies in the late 70s that lead to entire US to shift from fats in our food to sugar and highly refined starches. which BTW the food industry didnt mind since sugar is way fucking cheaper than fat and it tastes even BETTER! Its too bad sugar is a fucking poison to your system. Its now coming to light that its the sugar industry that paid off those scientists to paint sugar as good and demonize fats.
It's not just the sugar though, it's the refined vegetable oils. That shit is literally in damn near everything and it is straight up poison. There's also some other crazy shit being added to certain foods like saw dust but that's not as prevalent.

• 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Could you two fuck off, we are trying to enjoy things in here.

i want those old bay cheese curls, I’ve never seen them before.

• 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know who directed Lumie to this thread but I hope a beaver eats your asshole.

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
One of my favorite Herr's has to be the grilled cheese and tomato soup curls. Goddamn, they're good. Used to be able to find them at the shop in the Cracker Barrel, but I haven't seen them in a while.
1715222647411.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Day two of no vape
Said fuck this and drove to other side of town
Arby's
2 for 6$ chicken sandwich and 4pc mozzarella and small fry
Worth it

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of my favorite Herr's has to be the grilled cheese and tomato soup curls. Goddamn, they're good. Used to be able to find them at the shop in the Cracker Barrel, but I haven't seen them in a while.
View attachment 528089
A mix of those, the pizza deep dish curls, and jalapeño curls would probably be amazing. I can't buy Herrs curls very often because I want to eat the whole bag in one sitting, everytime.

• 3Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A mix of those, the pizza deep dish curls, and jalapeño curls would probably be amazing. I can't buy Herrs curls very often because I want to eat the whole bag in one sitting, everytime.
Only 150 calories per serving bro

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah I can totally kill a bag of their buffalo Blue Cheese curls.

Xevy

Log Wizard
All those puffy corn shits are god tier for calories. A fucking tub of cheese poofs is like 2000 calories for 600 balls. Absolutely nuts. Great snacking item unless you're gaming, then you have to use a skewer or fork or something to avoid gamer gunk.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No Herr's in Colorado that I know of. We got some Utz at least, but no Herr's.
Someone would do maps of all the fast food franchises and snack brands like bird migration maps or whatever. Half of the shit people bring up in here I've no idea where it even is.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
All those puffy corn shits are god tier for calories. A fucking tub of cheese poofs is like 2000 calories for 600 balls. Absolutely nuts. Great snacking item unless you're gaming, then you have to use a skewer or fork or something to avoid gamer gunk.
You aren't a real gamer unless you've made sure nobody's watching and then licked the cheese powder off your mouse.

• 1Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You aren't a real gamer unless you've made sure nobody's watching and then licked the cheese powder off your mouse.
Real power players use Snactiv. I use it at work to increase productivity without decreasing snacking.

1715356720976.png

• 4Worf
  • 3Quality Calories
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 8 users