The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Eonan

Doer of Things
Raising Canes...

This shit is gods gift to the world. The only thing they make are chicken fingers and they do it well. Their "Canes Sauce" is some amazing shit.

Raising-Canes.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Chicken fingers, fries and texas toast. Every time we swing through Louisiana to see friends we stop. Kind of glad they don't have one near me actually.

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
I ate at this place about 5 years ago in Vegas and it was fucking amazing. Much to my enjoyment they opened one here in Phoenix about a year ago, I try and hit it up about once a month or so.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Having a somewhat food industry back ground. If you have the funds / credit available and you want to absofuckinglutely roll in dough. Open a raising cane's in a college town.

Its a license to print money hats.

I would immagine they have a very low food cost. ( they make like 5 things, thats it ) Less options = better.

Its delicious as shit, and pretty cheap for what you get / quality. We have 8 of them in columbus, and they are all busy as hell.

So ya, if you ever wanted to run / own fast food, and you have a pop of ~75K + / College Town it might be worth looking into.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why do they call it Texas toast? It's just toast.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Because it's a much thicker bread then a normal slice and was first made that way (speculated) in Beaumont, Texas in the 1940's. A restaurant ordered thicker slices of bread that resulted in slices to thick to toast in a toaster so they buttered it and fried it in a skillet to taste it that way instead. Much like with anything done the first time, it was named for those involved, Texas.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Hey guys I put 2 slices of cheese on my hamburger. I call it a BrutulTM burger and now you have to too.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
2 slices? That's amateur shit. The trademarked taebin 3 slicer? is where it's at.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone else have a Golden Chick near them? They have the most amazing "chicken sandwich". It is chicken strips with secret sauce put between ROLLS instead of buns. SO GOOD.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Does anyone else have a Golden Chick near them? They have the most amazing "chicken sandwich". It is chicken strips with secret sauce put between ROLLS instead of buns. SO GOOD.
This sounds fucking awesome. You're not helping my diet.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Raising Canes is indeed good - I still like Chik Fil A's chicken more, but if I'm feeling squirrelly I'll get RC. That sauce is so good, I've made it at home and its come out damn near exactly the same as it is in the restaurant. Its cheap as shit too. Been eating healthier/dieting the past 6 weeks, but I've really been craving Freebirds & Fuzzy's.... Might have to get a big fucking burrito tomorrow.

Fuzzys = Fish/Shrimp tacos, Freebirds = burritos. Both are much, much better than shitty Chipotle/Qdoba etc.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Raising Canes is indeed good - I still like Chik Fil A's chicken more, but if I'm feeling squirrelly I'll get RC. That sauce is so good, I've made it at home and its come out damn near exactly the same as it is in the restaurant. Its cheap as shit too. Been eating healthier/dieting the past 6 weeks, but I've really been craving Freebirds & Fuzzy's.... Might have to get a big fucking burrito tomorrow.

Fuzzys = Fish/Shrimp tacos, Freebirds = burritos. Both are much, much better than shitty Chipotle/Qdoba etc.
I couldn't eat Fuzzys when I went there, it tasted like a piece of shit that some suburban white mom tried making for taco Tuesday.

The only way to go tacos is carne asada street tacos from a bum ass Mexican taco truck or a little taco stand.

Cactus Taco
5238557771690a657168z.jpg

20110830169315cactustaq.jpg

El Matador Taco Truck
7b32e1947b5f11e1abb0123.jpg

2011010174433taleoftwot.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I couldn't eat Fuzzys when I went there, it tasted like a piece of shit that some suburban white mom tried making for taco Tuesday.

The only way to go tacos is carne asada street tacos from a bum ass Mexican taco truck or a little taco stand.
Yep. California taquerias absolutely destroy any Mexican food you can get elsewhere.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I absolutely love the Baconator. Unless they make it so it is slathered with grease and looks like Honey Boo Boo's mom say on it (35% of the time, approximately), it is great. I used to love Wendy's chicken strips but then they were little bitches and got rid of them. Fuck you I don't want your chicken nuggets, I want your goddamn motherfucking chicken strips. The ones from burger king aren't half bad either.

• 2Like