The Fighting Game Community Thread

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like the next year is filled with a new fighting game for just about everyone, even a successor to SFEX and a new crossover BB game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The worst part is how fucking long this shit takes. These finals are gonna be hours before they are done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
SF EX has always been baffling to me in its appeal. Nerds should be happy Skullomania is in it. The BB cross over game is anime inception overload. Looks pretty amazing. Geese Howard in Tekken is even better than Akuma. No trailers for MVC:I but they had a match that showed off Gamora and Jedah.

Also yes fuck Smash. It being broadcast on Disney XD makes it even worse.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They just made this guy switch his Cammy costume because it's too lewd for Disney LMAO

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
That desperation for esports dollars, yes I'm sure those who watch Disney XD are really interested in this. Outside of the fun announcements this EVO has been mediocre at best, CEO easily tops it.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I admit I wasnt that interested this year, but this top 8 has been pretty damn good. Love watching Zangief.

MvCI still looks like crap. It just has funky style and seems awkward.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
First time I've seen Punk fold like that. Really looked like nerves got to him when he was missing combos and what not. Tokido earned that win.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
First time I've seen Punk fold like that. Really looked like nerves got to him when he was missing combos and what not. Tokido earned that win.
see him when he picked up the water. Looked like he had parkinsons. He's 18 though. He will win his, the kid is insanely skilled.

Needless

Toe Sucker
He'll get it next year i'm sure, you could tell midway through the first set that he was cracking... then full on lost when tokido reset the bracket. Either way, Tokido full on deserves that win and i'm happy for the dude despite SF5 being a dog shit game.

I might have to go next year, could be fun with DB Fighterz and the other games coming out

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i CANT even play on PC, i recently reformatted and i didnt put the direct imput's in correctly and missed 2 buttons, and i dont know how to reset them. I cant even play Street Fighter on PC, because 2 buttons dont work lol.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The exhibition between Punk and Nemo at ECT is easily the best one I've ever seen, Nemo is definitely the best Urien in the world.

Sulrn

Deuces
From casual observation it seems like a lot of the semi-major names for SF are trying to find a niche in other games - is SF V that bad?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
From casual observation it seems like a lot of the semi-major names for SF are trying to find a niche in other games - is SF V that bad?

Short answer? Yes, it's that bad.

It has the depth of an above ground pool is most of the problem. Mechanical skill ceiling is low, very limited defense options, stubby normals combined with crush counters that do ~40% damage all leads to very guess-oriented gameplay at the top end.