The Fighting Game Community Thread

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I for see a lot of Ultron/Gamora/Dorm's in top 32 till people start figuring out the game more. Haven't seen a character being bad yet just some with easier options then others so excited to see decently diverse teams. Hoping people like Sacktap and Punisher can push lesser used characters into the open and get people to experiment outside their comfort characters from UMVC3, Thor/Nemesis I think is completely slept on and Ultra David is the only person taking notice especially with space stone box and chip.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Please stop watching and supporting this phoned in cash grab. 90$ with all the launch DLC for a smaller roster than the last game that they abandoned. Capcom can eat dicks with this one.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sorry you might be right on the short roster but I'm a sucker for infinity stones and they added Jedah. The new tag in mechanic feels incredibly good too.

Ryu seems bleh compared to a lot of other picks.

Nemesis has like what 20%ish more hp, a single armor hit on almost everything. I played with him and Thanos a bunch but I dunno if slower characters really ever do it well outside of Sentinel. Haggar pretty sick tho.

Mahvel is back imo. They should do a community vote for 1 Capcom and 1 Marvel char to be added at some point. I can almost hear Combofiend's evil lil nerd laugh as I figure out some of this tech.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry you might be right on the short roster but I'm a sucker for infinity stones and they added Jedah. The new tag in mechanic feels incredibly good too.

Ryu seems bleh compared to a lot of other picks.

Nemesis has like what 20%ish more hp, a single armor hit on almost everything. I played with him and Thanos a bunch but I dunno if slower characters really ever do it well outside of Sentinel. Haggar pretty sick tho.

Mahvel is back imo. They should do a community vote for 1 Capcom and 1 Marvel char to be added at some point. I can almost hear Combofiend's evil lil nerd laugh as I figure out some of this tech.

I'm super looking forward to the stone tournaments once they announce what each one does, hopefully makes for some interesting finals. Yeah Ryu seems pretty meh, but that under 25% health Shin Sho does do some serious damage. Also hoping they dig into the older Capcom stuff again so maybe end up getting Captain Commando, Ruby Heart, or Jin again.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ryu tech watch:

He can fire his shin hado straight up which is prob good for tag in combo too. Ya and his lvl 3 obliterates people as a wake up.

Wish they'd do Carnage instead of Venom. There was a red venom variant in original MVC as a hidden char.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think if they gave Ryu an air dash he'd be in a good spot.

The strengths of the game so far seem to be having a character with a "long" super that can't be pushed blocked for tag in shenanigans alongside having good resets and mixups since combo scale so hard. I haven't seen one TOD from even higher level pros in an actually match, I have seen however people getting snowballed by dirty mixups and resets. Some matches seem to take a good while if both players know how important having 2 characters is to just one and use tag in / out mechanics to their fullest while good use of the Time Stone dashes allow you to escape them pretty decently, though I swear Time Storm is like having the custom combo stuff from Street Fighter sometimes.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I was just thinking the same thing anything causing long constant hits or forcing a long block is super strong. This has been the case in every MVC allowing free char movement while another does a hyper. Which makes me wonder why the soul stone isn't being seen more prevalently. Then again, I'm using mind gem atm to allow for lots of spam and pressure with shit like the above. Top tier seems to be reality (esp on a bruiser like Haggar) as you can learn to defend yourself fairly well from the space box (hi ghost rider lol).

Needless

Toe Sucker
need to get use to 4 buttons without a dedicated 'launcher' hah

i'll probably just learn jedah and ultron until i get use to the controls, spencer and frank seem too weird to play compared to how they were in MVC3 for me to play em right now :(

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya I was just thinking the same thing anything causing long constant hits or forcing a long block is super strong. This has been the case in every MVC allowing free char movement while another does a hyper. Which makes me wonder why the soul stone isn't being seen more prevalently. Then again, I'm using mind gem atm to allow for lots of spam and pressure with shit like the above. Top tier seems to be reality (esp on a bruiser like Haggar) as you can learn to defend yourself fairly well from the space box (hi ghost rider lol).

I don't see many using mind stone which is odd, the stun grab stuns forever in mvc time and fast recharging meter seems like you could abuse chip damage or the super tag in / out mechanic. Reality is definitely the easiest I think to use and abuse which is why you see it so much, everyone now has a mini hidden missile assist. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it starts to turn more towards Soul and Space as the game progresses and people learn to reflect consistently, not let the Reality stone shenanigans start.

Haggar seems like he'll be a terror and I've seen that Rocket can punish full screen fireballs and what not with his burrow by tagging in partner just before he arrives, it's super quick.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad to see Spooky back in NY and back at NLBC. Also Smooth Viper out at NLBC, perhaps the return of the definition of MVC thuggery.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
More interested in Sigma but MH gonna be good. I think Black Panther is planned too at some point.

So far my tech watch is fchamp stream and team spooky.

Went 2-0 as I started ranked and the "only connect to 5s" for connections setting is amazing. Don't think I've had a smoother online fighter experience. I'm sure I'll be slamming into a wall pretty hard in ranked when I run into the people who can just constantly tag in their other dude and spam abilities while their other char rushes rapid mix-ups into me. One day I might git dat gud tho.

Needless

Toe Sucker
are any of the zero players from mvc3 still playing him in mvci? been playing him but i need to leech some tech from somebody kek

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
are any of the zero players from mvc3 still playing him in mvci? been playing him but i need to leech some tech from somebody kek
Flux and maybe Marn are still playing Zero, but he's definitely not the force he was in UMVC3

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Strangely Marn was saying he wasn't the biggest fan which of course would suit Marn being completely full of shit, then Floe called him out on how he said Zero always ends up being top tier in every game he's in.