The Fighting Game Community Thread

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lol triggering nemesis lvl 3 right after they hit your point of armor, seeing dis on random twitch atm

Thanos lvl 3 got hyper armor

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just watched Zero demolish this Higashi dude, socal regionals lightin up

Looks like the standard zero beat downs I remember seeing, strong stuff with Thanos there too

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm hoping to catch some ridiculous Strange setups, some good Rocket resets and someone actually using Iron Man.

My boy Sacktap putting in work, that Haggar Air Super into Nemesis command grab is so good.

Last edited:

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm hoping to catch some ridiculous Strange setups, some good Rocket resets and someone actually using Iron Man.

My boy Sacktap putting in work, that Haggar Air Super into Nemesis command grab is so good.

That haggar/nemisis setup was super dirty.

Missed the exhibition matches, but it sounds like fchamp and Justin just steamrolled their sets.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
SCR is pretty great this go around. No clue when or if MVCI is on- think its coming later today. But in SF updates Punk got sent into losers in from a birdie; really looking like a decent hard counter to Karin. Ultra-Chen actually commentating again.

Whoever decided Sajam and Ultradavid needed to commentate together yesterday- needs to reconsider... Its like someone talking to themself for 2 hours.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't mind Sajam / David but I can definitely see that as two people talking to each other, think that's why Taste Steve works the best with Sajam. SFV was pretty good today and MVCI is great so far, it's so enjoyable watching Chris G get so salty because you know he had the mindset he was gonna be top tier but is getting exposed especially after Justin put such a boot in his ass last night in the exhibition.

Did like seeing the space stone Rocket tech of dragging people into the traps even though the guy didn't pull it off very well, almost never see people using space stone to pull people.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
No surprise FChamp won but Sacktap came second with Nemesis / Haggar and got the Space Stone which lets him swap himself with someone else in the bracket tier he's in so he can set someone up to fall or get an easier match. Top 8 was hype as hell, peaked at 45k viewers, and Richard Nguyen is showing how good Dante is this time around. Wouldn't be surprised to see some changes to Dorm's carpet or black hole, black hole is beyond fast, though people did figure out you can jump out of his carpet with two good push blocks so we'll see if it remains the cheapest move in the game as people learn to deal with it.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sonic Fox just beat Fray Fray in GF at NBLC 6 straight (was down 0-2 and won 6 straight afterwards).

EDIT: Sonic Fox is a damn nice guy. He gave away his flight and hotel to 3rd place at NBLC (Punisher).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Chris G pulled out some sick stuff with Jedah+Iron Man on stream and beat F champ 2 in a row... then got demolished 12 times in a row by him

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm glad seeing Punisher / Noel / Sonic at NLBC all running Rocket and finally showing how good he is. I seriously hope they have a balance patch before the end of the year though, if anything to enable reflecting Gamora's guns because having it be I think the only projectile you can't and it goes through supers is about the dumbest thing they've ever done.

I've also read that taunt allows you to perform corner combos mid-screen because it locks the screen in place, so either that gets fixed or someone is gonna bust out a pure nutty moment of screen lock taunting.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chris G pulled out some sick stuff with Jedah+Iron Man on stream and beat F champ 2 in a row... then got demolished 12 times in a row by him
E A R L Y C O P Y B O I S

Rose garden needs to be nerfed. It locks down the character for way too long and you can't do shit against it. Everytime I see someone try anything other than block, they get demolished.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Champ doesnt mind if he loses like that, just give him motivation to push harder. Champ will hit the lab up hard, dude is insane like that.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Meanwhile Chris G is just endlessly bitching about everything, glad to see shake ups and while the game does need a patch if it doesn't remain somewhat broken then it ain't Marvel.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Champ doesnt mind if he loses like that, just give him motivation to push harder. Champ will hit the lab up hard, dude is insane like that.
Of course he minds. Remember what happened at Winterbrawl X? He literally quit Marvel right there after losing to KBR. Everytime he loses it's M E M E C I T Y from now on, and he's a certified little bitch.

Oh, and instead of giving Sonic Fox his props with his tech, he gave some bullshit excuse for losing.

Bonus

Last edited:

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
That was after how long MVC3 has been out? folks still hav ealot to learn in this game.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Canada Cup was super good this year in both SF and MVC, Canada now has a top tier Marvel player in Teemo and he has the Mind Stone now which allows him to select the other players team and stone.

Also crazy drama with Quackbot (aka PC Marvel God, took 3rd at EVO) entering the tourney twice in pools and forcing a pool to replay the entire series screwing Killer Kai out of getting of pools after he had the first time, Kai says he's done going to Canada Cup now. Quackbot decided it was ok because some woman from Arizona's stick didn't work and she offered him her spot.......here's hoping the fuck gets banned for life from events. There's also the question of how to prevent this in the future with ID checks and how many times Quackbot has actually done this especially if he's signed up a bunch then just not showed up till he sees the most favorable pool.

Quackbot and KillerKai speak out on the former's Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite double-entry at Canada Cup 2017