The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You won't be. I would finish it and then go back. Just get ready for a VERY long chapter 13.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like the Magitek Suit II is what all the hardcores are farming for 100 STR, 2k HP, 70 VIT accessories. Absolutely need to eat some drop rate increase food then fish for the level 99 MX Angelus 0 to drop on you (most just AP farm around hammerhead in between). There's a level 76 one that drops mark I and most are just chain nuking regular dropships with Blizzaga in between.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Sounds like the Magitek Suit II is what all the hardcores are farming for 100 STR, 2k HP, 70 VIT accessories. Absolutely need to eat some drop rate increase food then fish for the level 99 MX Angelus 0 to drop on you (most just AP farm around hammerhead in between). There's a level 76 one that drops mark I and most are just chain nuking regular dropships with Blizzaga in between.
Engrish

Malakriss

edit: Hilariously, I just had a MX Angelus 0 drop on me while doing random sidequests. Literally hitting for less than 50 per swing against it but it is stomping my ass for 9999

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think it's a storyline thing...

Cooking after ignis goes blind

Was just on my cook list

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Liking the game so far, in the 40's of chapter three from all the side quests and still getting my ass handed to me by some even level/slightly lower mobs.

One issue, has anyone else had problems where you go to talk to someone/shop/mount the chocobo/loot ground items and theres either a serious delay or it registers as a jump instead. Same with dismounting the chocobo, will walk around for 5-10 seconds pressing or holding X before he decides to hop off.

Malakriss

Hold down X instead of mashing when trying to pickup / mount. Should only jump once at most before going through.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anybody's been slackin on story progression and finds themselves in need of a quality dickshriveling, make your war to chapter 13. This shit is tedious as all fuck.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
(Linking the reddit thread cause source is in japanese) Spoilers: Square Enix Just announced a massive series of updates to make Chapter 13 better and improve the story. • /r/FFXV

Spoiler free summary: Square is planning free updates to the base game starting with overhauling Chapter 13 in the short term, then adding more cutscenes to Chapter 9-14 in general, and later on making playable sections for most of the non-party characters. Miscellaneous additions will include New Game+, challenge modes, and avatar creation so you can design your own model to replace the default Noctis. They expect to continue making updates for a few years.

ICAME.jpg

Qhue

Trump's Staff
When I first got the game and was screwing around near Hammerhead I "camped" for the second night at the RV camper in Hammerhead and I swear that Ignis cooked dinner. I distinctly remember a shot of him just inside the camper window turning on the stove and setting about to cook...

Am I insane, it did this get patched out so that you can only cook when truly camping?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
When I first got the game and was screwing around near Hammerhead I "camped" for the second night at the RV camper in Hammerhead and I swear that Ignis cooked dinner. I distinctly remember a shot of him just inside the camper window turning on the stove and setting about to cook...

Am I insane, it did this get patched out so that you can only cook when truly camping?

It could have just been one of the scenes playing out like when they start to sit down and play cards? Not sure as I haven't used the campers that often.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally did a bit of the story, finished 3, 4, and 5. I'm level 39 or so, about 30 hours in now.

I'm going back to doing some side questing tonight. I need to fish since I am missing some fish for a meal that I like using.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Some of these things I need to just YouTube but it is still confusing to know which lure to use in which spot if a signpost isn't up saying what is biting. Or even where some 'special' fish would be. Now that I have the Regalia back in Ch 6 going to do more side questing and goofing around for a night and continue on with the story. Feel somewhat in the same boat as yimmien about putting off the rest of the story until the DLCs are out. The chances of me coming back to a game after 6 months are almost nil.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
For those that don't like the controls I just noticed you can go into options and switch it to type B or C. B will make it so square is attack, I won't switch it now but wish I noticed before I put 40 hours in.

Chapter nine spoilers:

Just finished chapter nine and while I get the whole child hood friend I can't feel anything for her death, she was essentially in the game for 15 whole mins before she was killed off.

Malakriss

MX Angelus 0 "Guide" • /r/FFXV

Looks like people switch to Easy mode and let Carbuncle rezz/buff Noctis to kill this easier. Also have to target the upper parts of the body and wait for them to open up for an attack to do real damage. Requires all mid-air step abilities and top end weapons to do reliably.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Some of these things I need to just YouTube but it is still confusing to know which lure to use in which spot if a signpost isn't up saying what is biting. Or even where some 'special' fish would be. Now that I have the Regalia back in Ch 6 going to do more side questing and goofing around for a night and continue on with the story. Feel somewhat in the same boat as yimmien about putting off the rest of the story until the DLCs are out. The chances of me coming back to a game after 6 months are almost nil.
Yeah I doubt I'd go back and play through the whole thing again - and if Ch.13 is as AIDS as everyone says, I'd rather just wait for the fix. Problem of course is that I like the game and want to play it heh.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Expanded scenes wont fix what is wrong with the end game. More narrative wont change the fact that chapter 9 to 15 is a straight line from point A to B.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I actually had no problem with Chapter 13, but I do agree it certainly could have been shorter.