The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Siliconemelons

"FF VII to IX will be based only in newest ports."

So will the collection contain the remake of 7 lol? noo I know it wont, but wording is wording :p but I guess a remake is not a port.

So 7,8 and 9 should be their best port/pc release? that's cool.

I guess I gatta get a ps4 by then, get the 7 remake and the big ol 1-9 disc.

Fedor

<Banned>
Is FF 12 a remaster then? Would buy that.

Not too sure about the 1-9 games if they are just the regular released versions, since they play and look better on a PS1 emulator than the "regular" editions, both PS4/PC.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So when do you and your dudes look like they did in the intro instead of a k-pop band?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So when do you and your dudes look like they did in the intro instead of a k-pop band?
Know that classic literary device where the story starts near the end to give you a glimpse of the current situation and then switches to the past and proceeds to detail the whole journey to get to that point?

Basically, after you do the whole journey.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Well shit. I was hoping that was halfway or something, whenever people said the game stops being open world.

Malakriss

I'm sure we'll get all sorts of different hairstyles, facial features, and outfits for cold hard $$$ in the future so you can make them look like grizzled war vets or the backstreet boys on a comeback tour.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'd probably pay at least a dollar to not have to look at Noctis' hair.

Anyway, got the Ultima engine blade upgrade. Still in Chapter 3. Should probably get on the whole story thing, but like so many others I keep wanting to clear out side quests as I see them and it seems like every npc just has an endless stream ready to go.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I'm surprised how many side quests there are actually. I keep waiting for the frog bitch to run out, or the diner dude to stop sending me out but like clockwork there is always another quest. I'm about 32 hours in and level 50 or so. Just started Chapter 6 and having a great time. I also thought I was running out of fish to catch (up to lvl 9) but I've only caught 32 of 99 fish. Haha, I think I've hit almost every hole too - the only one I was having issues with was the Vesperpool fish that seemed impossible to me without stronger line/better rod/reel.

I've read that the game takes a nose dive at Chapter 13 so I'm intentionally putting it off as long as I can. Maybe I'll finally beat a Final Fantasy game.

Siliconemelons

Is the story worth a shit? are the characters fleshed out and worth time? It seems all I am hearing is "open world" - "tons of quests" while hanging with my bros out in the countryside killing wildlife.

Malakriss

I try to imagine that if the game followed the story that Kingsglaive set up then Chapter 13 could have been Midgard done amazingly right. Instead we got that... and they made it 5 times longer than needed... and you get to enjoy roll grunting over and over... JFC Square.

Is the story worth a shit? are the characters fleshed out and worth time? It seems all I am hearing is "open world" - "tons of quests" while hanging with my bros out in the countryside killing wildlife.
I wouldn't even say your bros are satisfyingly fleshed out (cause you have to wait for DLC), so aside from Noctis.. not really. "Squandered" would be my word for every other character introduced. Every one.

Malakriss

Holy hell, I was getting the Cerberus sniper rifle for Noctis and found a Hyper Magnum (388 attack gun, 2nd best) at an unmarked treasure point on the East side of Fort Vaullery. If anyone is at chapter 6-8 swing by there and see if you can obtain it that early. There's a Megaelixir at a tipster treasure point on the NE inside the fence, Hyper Magnum was E-NEish outside the fence.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ugh. Opened the blockade last night and sooo many side quests :(

But wait there is more, you talk to a NPC to get that side quest, complete it, turn it in and he/she gives you another one!

My gripe about this game is X, fuck you X! "Quest prompt press X" nope you jump! Mount the chocobo you press X, NOPE YOU JUST JUMPED AGAIN ASSHOLE! Quest prompt you want? PSYCH MOTHER FUCKER YOU JUST TALKED TO THAT NPC, try it again and try not to jump!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
But wait there is more, you talk to a NPC to get that side quest, complete it, turn it in and he/she gives you another one!

My gripe about this game is X, fuck you X! "Quest prompt press X" nope you jump! Mount the chocobo you press X, NOPE YOU JUST JUMPED AGAIN ASSHOLE! Quest prompt you want? PSYCH MOTHER FUCKER YOU JUST TALKED TO THAT NPC, try it again and try not to jump!
You described me trying to get tgroughthe first dungeon. Open door/crawl/whatever push x...I jump. Also whuts that magik door past the boss/tomb in teh forst dumbgeon?

Malakriss

Likely the sealed deep dungeon parts, need to complete all of the optional dungeons and get a key from hunter HQ at the end of the game to do them.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

From earlier in thread:

FFXV in a nutshell