The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
WHERE IS MY REVENGE PLOTLINE? This emperor dude took my City and killed my father in an obvious trap, but wait I don’t care about that anymore? I want to kill this 10,000 year old deamon guy who was nice to me? What? No .No Fuck you, I will kill that stupid emperor and have my revenge, oh he died off screen?

Fuck you Square..fuck you.

Well you first want to take revenge on the empire, that's why you start gathering the astrals power and shit, so you can take back the kingdom and avenge your father and all that. But when you're about halfway, fucker guy kills your love, so that kinda switches your priority. Then you learn he's also responsible for all the shit going on in the empire, so the emperor becomes a 2nd thought at that point, probably just a puppet, this is Kefka all over again. And he doesn't die offscreen, pretty sure you kill him, he was transformed into that fucker demon that kept teleporting after you at some point in ch13, and then you kill him in a room and he talks like a crazy person after you kill him.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Your not wrong, but the fact that the second part is not even a 5 min cut scene and the first part is a 2 hour movie makes the whole story a mess...no idea what the char motivations are....this is just bad story telling.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they're selling a bunch of side stories for $25 you'd think they could at least finish the story parts that were cut (according to that AMA) and sell it for another $25.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished it, and overall I loved it.

There is too much happening offscreen toward the end, like it's missing a chapter or at least a few cutscenes that show what happens. Other than that it's a typical final fantasy story, and I quite enjoyed it.

Still have a lot to do. So should keep me busy a little while still. :)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If they're selling a bunch of side stories for $25 you'd think they could at least finish the story parts that were cut (according to that AMA) and sell it for another $25.
They said they're going to fix the story as part of free updates?

Malakriss

They said they're going to fix the story as part of free updates?
Their announcement said flashbacks to better explain character motivations after making Chapter 13 not awful to play through. That's a band-aid compared to the list of Chapter 9-15 content that got axed.

edit: The streamer MrHappy got a "care package" from Square as a promotion. I won't link to the video because the title itself has a spoiler. The package was some moogle themed chili and lemon popcorn plus an FFXV informational book signed by Tabata that had some specific DLC information at the end.

He confirms that there will be a second DLC called "Companions" which is online co-op for the four main characters with possibly the option for playing custom characters or existing side characters like Aranea. So that's likely what we'll get instead of more story content with the other characters. The important reveal though is a spoiler for Episode Gladio which details the boss he will end up fighting.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finished this over the weekend - had a great time with it, in spite of some really major flaws.

The biggest for me is the story - it's fucking terrible. It's fucking terrible even after watching the movie and the anime (gag me). It is a convoluted mess, and I won't name specific elements but it never ties together and forms a coherent, compelling story.

Also, fuck Altissia - for all the hate Chapter 13 gets (rightfully so, I enjoyed aspects of it but it was 3 times longer than it should have been), Altissia was by far my least favorite part of the game. Hate the city's design, hate how constricted everything was, hated the hunts and couldn't stand navigating the city (especially in the dark).

I'm most disappointed because there are so many things here that are excellent. Loved the open world. Loved the fishing. Loved some aspects of the character design etc, but the story, flow, terrible summon system (terrible, and inconsistent) drag down what would have probably been my GOTY.

If nothing else, I spent 50 hours in this world and enjoyed it enough that I'm actually excited for the next FF installment so obviously they did a lot of things right. It's definitely in my GOTY top 5, but with a little more work to the story and polish it could've been an all time great game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Any word on a timeline for the big patches? I'm barely into the game(chapter 3) and almost feel like just waiting for the patches that help the later parts of the game.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any word on a timeline for the big patches? I'm barely into the game(chapter 3) and almost feel like just waiting for the patches that help the later parts of the game.

No idea, but if they're smart they'll deploy them sooner than later. Seem to be a lot of players holding off on progressing through the game, so I can't imagine there aren't more than a few people holding off on buying the game.

Malakriss

There isn't a release date for the Season Pass yet, but I imagine they will want to release New Game+ along with the Chapter 13 upgrades for people that want to go back through it.

Malakriss

Out of Bounds glitching in Altissa. Swimming is fully developed but not allowed in the released game but it lets you get to unfinished areas including some with NPC hordes standing around

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Out of Bounds glitching in Altissa. Swimming is fully developed but not allowed in the released game but it lets you get to unfinished areas including some with NPC hordes standing around

It seems every game I end up getting now (I buy very few games now) is one that was conpletely butchered and chopped up for DLC/customer rapage purposes

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think that's just every game now.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It seems every game I end up getting now (I buy very few games now) is one that was conpletely butchered and chopped up for DLC/customer rapage purposes
Buy the Witcher 3 if you haven't played it yet. It's a massive complete game with actual expansions worth paying for.

But yeah, this whole butchering shit for a timeline crap is garbage. Fuck you guys, finish your game.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Buy the Witcher 3 if you haven't played it yet. It's a massive complete game with actual expansions worth paying for.

But yeah, this whole butchering shit for a timeline crap is garbage. Fuck you guys, finish your game.
I did forget that W3 was complete. Still need to finish the story and do dlc

Malakriss

Final Fantasy XV's Holiday Pack and update content drops December 22 - Nova Crystallis
Final Fantasy XV's First Free DLC Releasing on December 22nd; Screenshots, Content and Costumes Revealed
Final Fantasy XV’s first round of downloadable content is set to drop on December 22, Square Enix revealed today. Two types of content will be available with the Holiday Pack and Holiday Pack Plus – the latter available exclusively for Season Pass holders.

In addition to the Holiday Pack, fans can download a new update adding New Game Plus, and a photo frame feature for social media updloads. Both Holiday Packs will be distributed at the same time as these free updates.

Holiday Pack+

Ring of protection
Command booster (only for Noctis)
Phantom booster (only for Noctis)
Paean of the Instant Kill
Paean of Battle Skill
Good Luck Key
Stamina Anchor (only for Noctis)
Carnival Style costume (only for Noctis) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Photo Frame (Holiday Pack Limited Edition) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Limited-time carnival ticket +

Holiday Pack (Free Version)

Level Limiter
Paean of Annihilation
Moogle Chocobo t-shirt+ hat (only for Noctis) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Limited-time carnival ticket (same as the “+” version. The name is simply different)

The carnival tickets will give you access to the Moogle Chocobo carnival, which will be held for a limited time in game in January. You can see an image in the gallery below.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
NG+ is cool but no word on the story stuff, I am at chapter nine still but thinking I should just finish the game and then come back after some DLC for NG+ and the new story things.