The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I get why people did not like 8, though I personally liked the story. The good news is if you skip the optional bullshit and do a little grinding on Hell Island, you can blow right through the game fairly quickly. Its only a long game if you try to nab all of the optional shit or fuck around with the card game.

I personally rate the core FFs in four tiers of quality-
God Tier- FF4, FF6, FF12
Good Tier- FF5, FF7, FF10, FF9
Average Tier- FF8, FF1, FF3
Shit Tier- FF15, FF13, FF2

Its a matter of personal taste for most people, of course (I happen to be more meh on 7 than most and like 8 more than most), but generally people find the games along those lines. But really, the SNES era is where the series really came together with great music and story. FF7 is where the faggottry slowly started creeping in, reaching critical mass at FF13. Playing the re-mastered FF12 is just reinforcing my opinion, especially since I was at that point in my grand replay of the entire series (been burning through them on the tablet/emulators during travel) anyhow. I won't be replaying anything past FF12 and I really hope the re-mastered Tactics Ogre finds its way to the PS4 at some point, since all Square seems to know how to succeed at these days is updating their old good games.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I would have 5 at top tier. Job system was great and there was tons of bosses and optional stuff to do in the game.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
FF6 is the best one imo. Kefka and Ultros were my two favorite. I'll throw money out left and right if SE remade it with updated graphics and voice overs.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
FF6's story and setting were definitely top tier, but the combat was pretty boring...

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Shit I loved FF15, a ton. Of course, I am loving FF12 again too. I love pretty much every FF and played every single one of them... and I love them all even 11 and 14, with the sole exception of 13. FF13 was the only one that pretty much lost me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not being a dick but what did you actually love about 15?

I only ask because honestly I feel like I'm missing something

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
No point to grind LPs. You can get 3 Golden Amulets by that time in the game and outside of the higher weapon/accessory/magick nodes (which you don't need because you don't have those unlocked yet anyways) you'll have more than enough LP to get everything just by playing through the story, hunts, and sidequests.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not to mention if you spend all of about an hour abusing trial mode you will have all passives maxed and several items of note ahead of time. Plus the class system and limited board from it pretty much mean you are going to max out everything on it prior to Archadia, even if you are not trying.

XP Grinding is always super easy in this game. Set Gambits and go AFK for hours in the Roblon area and you will come back to a L99 party. There are tons of places like that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trial mode seems like a good way to ruin the game, I don't know wtf they were thinking when they placed the loot there and allowed you to take it out with you. Having a Karkata equipped an hour into the game is almost as bad as getting a Seitengrat (or three) the first time you take an airship.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Trial mode seems like a good way to ruin the game, I don't know wtf they were thinking when they placed the loot there and allowed you to take it out with you. Having a Karkata equipped an hour into the game is almost as bad as getting a Seitengrat (or three) the first time you take an airship.
I'm less upset that it's included in a remaster I guess. I'd be more upset if it was in retail like that

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Didn't adding the second classes pretty much make everything significantly easier anyways? I don't think they retuned any encounters for it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Didn't adding the second classes pretty much make everything significantly easier anyways? I don't think they retuned any encounters for it
The game feels easier in some aspects but there's still cock blocks

For instance just last night I encountered demon wall 1

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The game feels easier in some aspects but there's still cock blocks

For instance just last night I encountered demon wall 1
Oh yeah, there are a few places that you really can't beat the first time you see it, but for those you aren't really supposed to. The main story bosses have been extremely easy

The bomb king seemed impossible with the skills and magic that I had when I ran into him, he would constantly full heal when I got him to about half life

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Garuda almost raped me but I'm pretty sure I did the fight wrong. I just face tanked that enrage and let my Archer and vossler kill her. Used like every healing item I had. Hit hard as fuck